Bộ đề thi học kỳ 2 môn Tiếng Anh lớp 10 CÓ ĐÁP ÁN
Đề thi học kì 2 lớp 10 môn tiếng Anh có đáp án
Bộ 4 đề kiểm tra tiếng Anh lớp 10 học kì 2 có đáp án dưới đây nằm trong bộ đề thi tiếng Anh học kì 2 lớp 10 năm 2019 - 2020 do VnDoc.com sưu tầm và đăng tải. Bộ đề ôn tập tiếng anh lớp 10 học kì 2 có đáp án được biên tập bám sát chương trình học tiếng Anh lớp 10 của bộ Giáo dục & Đào tạo giúp các em học sinh lớp 10 củng cố kiến thức Từ vựng - Ngữ pháp tiếng Anh trọng tâm hiệu quả.
I. Mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the word whose underlined part differs from the other three in pronunciation in each of the following questions.
|1. A. photograph||B. Stephen||C. phone||D. orphan|
|2. A. ancient||B. cancel||C. city||D. cigarette|
II. Mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the word that differs from the other three in the position of the primary stress in each of the following questions.
|3. A. existence||B. character||C. scientist||D. interesting|
|4. A. competitor||B. participant||C. volunteer||D. announcer|
III. Mark the letter A, B, C or D on your answer sheet to indicate the word(s) SIMILAR in meaning to the underlined word(s) in each of the following questions.
5. How many countries took part in the first World Cup?
D. co. operated
IV. Mark the letter A, B, C or D on your answer sheet to indicate the word(s) OPPOSITE in meaning to the underlined word(s) in each of the following questions.
6. Van Mieu was a place to memorialize the most brilliant scholars of the nation.
B. keep in mind
C. learn by heart
D. gradually forget
V. Mark the letter A, B, C or D on your answer sheet to indicate the correct answer to each of the following questions.
7. Mothers have long used folk songs to _______________ babies to sleep
8. To attract film viewers, a majority of film makers now tend to expose nude ________.
9. Pélé is regarded _________ the greatest football player of all time
10. Hoi An is famous ________________ its old temples and pagodas.
11. "Would you mind helping me?" – "________."
A. No, a problem
B. Sure, no problem
C. No, I wouldn't
D. Yes, I would
12.The building in the middle of the town_______ now.
A. is being painted
B. being painted
C. is painting
D. be painted
13. It was not until ____________________ that she cooked the meal.
A. her father would come home
B. her father has come home
C. her father came home
D. her father comes home
14. The Palace hotel was __________than the Grosvenor.
B. more expensive
C. the most expensive
D. the more expensive
15. ______________ do you like to live – in the city or in the countryside?
16. The children became....................... about the cartoon.
B. to excite
17. Peter has practiced playing the piano ________________ the piano contest next week.
A. in order enter
B. to entering
C. to enter
D. not to enter
18. Everyone knows what is happening to......earth but we just do not know how to stop it.
VI. Read the following passage and mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the correct word or phrase that best fits each of the numbered blanks.
Football is the most (19).........sport in Britain, particularly amongst men. It (20)..........by boys in most schools. Most towns have an amateur football team which plays in a minor league. Football is also the most popular (21).........sport in Britain. Many people go to see their favorite professional team (22).........at home, and some go away matches. Many more people watch football (23)...........television.
19. A. important B. famous C. difficult D. popular
20. A. plays B. was played C. is played D. played
21. A spectator B. viewer C. champion D. trophy
22. A kicking B. taking C. running D. playing
23. A in B.on C. over D. at
VII. Read the following passage and mark the letter A, B, C or D on your answer sheet to indicate the correct answer to each of the questions.
Country music is one of the most popular kinds of music in the United States today. Maybe, country music is very popular because it is about simple but strong human feelings and events like love, sadness, good times and bad times. It tells real life stories and sounds the way people really talk. As life becomes more complicated and difficult, it is good to hear about simple ordinary people.
Country music is sometimes called country-western music. It comes from two kinds of music. One is the traditional music of the people in the Appalachian Mountains in the eastern United States. The other is traditional, cowboy music from the American West. The singers usually play guitars or electric guitars when they sing.
Country music became very popular in the South. During World War II, thousands of people from the South moved to the Northeast and the Midwest to work in factories. They took their music with them. Soldiers from the rest of the country went to army camps in the South and learned to like country music there. Slowly, it became popular all over the United States.
24. Country music is very popular because _______________________.
A. it's about strong human feelings B. it's about events like love, sadness
C. it tells about good times, bad times D. all are correct
25. Country music is _______________________.
A. the traditional music of the people in the eastern United States
B. considered as the cowboy music from the American West
C. sometimes called country-western music
D. from two kinds of music which haven't been widely known
26. According to the passage, it's untrue to say that ____________________________.
A. Country music became very popular in the South
B. Factory workers took country music with them from the South
C. Country music was brought from the South by soldiers
D. Gradually, country music became popular all over the United States
27. The best title for the passage is _______________________________.
A. Country music B. Music in the United States
C. The Formation of Country Music D. The Benefits of Country Music
28. The singers usually play _________________________ when they sing.
A. drum and violins B. guitars or electric guitars
C. the music instruments D. guitars and piano
VII. Mark the letter A, B C or D on your answer sheet to indicate the underlined part that needs correction in each of the following questions.
29. Philip wasvery an noying at Joan's behavior.
A. was B. very C. annoying D. Joan's behavior
30. He wouldn't have begun to learn Russian if he knows the difficulties.
A. He B. to C. knows D. difficulties
31. It was not until last Sunday when I realized I had been wrong.
A. was B. until C. when D. had been
32. The film was most interesting than I had expected it to be.
A. The film B. most C. had expected D. to be
B. TỰ LUẬN (3.4pts):
VIII. Supply the correct form of the word given in each of the following sentences (0.2pt/ sentence):
33. The most _________________ movie of the year is "Avatar". (EXCITE)
34. Being deaf and mute makes............. very difficult. (COMMUNICATE)
35. She's training very hard so as to participate in the _______________. (COMPETE)
IX. Complete the sentences with the correct form of tenses in brackets(0.2 pt/ sentence):
36. Recently, we (GIVE)............................a questionnaire of 100 sentences by our English teacher.
37. After she _____________ her homework, she went to bed. (DO)
38. Can you name some of the films you (SEE)________________?
X. Finish each of the following sentences in such a way that it means the same as the sentence printed before it. (0.4pt/sentence)
39. He doesn't have the money so he cannot afford to buy a new car
40. I wasn't hungry, so I didn't feel like eating.
If I __________________________________________
41. The students studied carefully. They didn't want to fail in the exams
In order _______________________________________
42. Our English teacher has given us five midterm tests so far.
Five midterm tests_______________________________.
43. There were about 90 to 100 people at the concert last night.
44. The swimming pool didn't open until 10.45 a.m. yesterday.
I. Choose the word whose underlined part is pronounced differently from that of the others.
|1. A. preparation||B. application||C. suggestion||D. education|
|2. A. preservation||B. enrol||C. preference||D. secondary|
|3. A. Diverse||B. Ritual||C. Bridesmaid||D. Decisive|
|4. A. reduction||B. pollution||C. solution||D. conclusion|
|5. A. sue||B. spend||C. sure||D. pursue|
II. Choose the word whose stress is placed differently from that of the others.
|6. A. maintain||B. perform||C. prefer||D. offer|
|7. A. limit||B. demand||C. research||D. distract|
|8. A. atmosphere||B. influence||C. contaminate||D. instrument|
|9. A. fertilizer||B. ecosystem||C. agriculture||D. environment|
|10. A. culture||B. diverse||C. fortune||D. altar|
II. Choose the best answer among A, B, C or D that best completes each sentence.
11. ________ is a term that refers to the existence of different kinds of animals and plants which make a balanced environment.
12. Jack and Linda ______ last week. They just weren’t happy together.
A. broke up
B. broke into
C. finished off
D. ended up
13. “What’s the matter? You don’t look very well.” – “I feel a little __________.”
A. under the weather
B. out of the blue
C. out of order
D. down to earth
15. ______ we to live in the country we wouldn’t mind having children.
16. He asked me why _________to the meeting.
A. didn’t I come
B. don’t I come
C. you didn’t come
D. I hadn’t come
17. We are talking about the writer ________ latest book is one of the best-sellers this year.
18. I have two brothers. ______older one is training to be ______ pilot with British Airways. _____ younger one is still at ______ school.
A. The/ x/ the/ x
B. The/ a/ the /x
C. an/ a/ the/ x
D. the/ the/ the/ x
19. All forms of discrimination against all women and girls ________immediately everywhere.
A. must be taken away
B. must be ended
C. must be allowed
D. must be followed
20. A child _______ everything he or she wants.
A. must be given
B. shouldn’t be given
C. mustn’t be given
D. can be given
IV. Give the correct form.
21. Many national parks have been established to protect ___endangered___animals. (DANGER)
22. The coastal areas have been severely ____polluted__by the disposals of harmful chemical rubbish. (POLLUTE)
23. Evolution occurs as a result of __adaptation___ to new environments. (ADAPT)
24. The ___massive___loss of land is the result of severve deforestation ( MASS )
25. Voice ____recognition__is the app which helps some types of smartphone attracts customers (RECOGNIZE )
V. Read the following passage and choose the best answers to the questions.
Conservation conflicts arise when natural-resource shortages develop in the face of steadily increasing demands from a growing human population. Controversy frequently surrounds how a resource should be used, or allocated, and for whom. For example, a river may supply water for agricultural irrigation, habitat for fish, and water-generated electricity for a factory. Farmers, fishers, and industry leader vie for unrestricted access to this river, but such freedom could destroy the resource, and conservation methods are necessary to protect the river for future use.
Conflicts worsen when a natural resource crosses political boundaries. For example, the headwaters, or source, of a major river may be located in a different country than the country through which the river flows. There is no guarantee that the river source will be protected to accommodate resource needs downstream. In addition, the way in which one natural resource is managed has a direct effect upon other natural resources. Cutting down a forest near a river, for instance, increases erosion, the wearing away of topsoil, and can lead to flooding. Eroded soil and silt cloud the river and adversely affect many organisms such as fish and important aquatic plants that require clean, clear freshwater for survival.
26. What does “supply” in line 3 mean?
C. make up for
D. compensate for
27. Which word in the reading means “ living or growing in, or relating to water” ?
28. When do conflicts get worse ?
A. when natural-resource shortages increase in the features of gradually increasing demands from a rising human population.
B. when a natural resource crosses political borders
C. when freedom could destroy the resource.
D. when eroded soil and silt cloud affect many organisms.
29. Which sentence below is NOT correct?
A. Argument often surrounds how a resource should be used, or allocated, and for whom.
B. A river may provide water for agricultural irrigation, habitat for fish, and water-generated electricity for a factory
C. Conservation methods are incidental to care for the river for future use.
D. Farmers, fishers and industry leaders vie for open access to this river.
30. What is the passage above mainly about?
A. Conservation conflicts
B. Agricultural irrigation
C. The headwaters of a major river
D. Natural-resource shortages
VI. Rewrite the following sentences with the given words.
31. It wasn’t Tom in the mall yesterday because he was in the hospital. I’m sure.
32. A number of suggestions were made at the meeting. Most of them were not very practical.(Using a relative pronoun)
33. It's possible that Joanna didn't receive my message.
34. lot /people/ choose/ favorable date/ occasions/ such/ wedding/funeral/ house moving days. //
35. nowadays/ our lives/ improved/ much/ progresses/ science and technology//
Còn tiếp ...
Đáp án có trong file tải: Bộ đề thi học kì 2 lớp 10 môn tiếng Anh có đáp án. Ngoài ra, VnDoc.com luôn cập nhật rất nhiều tài liệu Ôn tập Tiếng Anh lớp 10 chương trình mới khác như: Để học tốt Tiếng Anh lớp 10, Đề thi học kì 1 lớp 10, Đề thi học kì 2 lớp 10, Bài tập Tiếng Anh lớp 10 theo từng Unit trực tuyến,... Mời bạn đọc tham khảo, download phục vụ việc học tập và giảng dạy.