Bộ đề thi học kỳ 2 môn Tiếng Anh lớp 12 có đáp án (2)
Đề thi học kỳ 2 môn Tiếng Anh lớp 12 có đáp án
Các đề thi trong bộ sưu tập này được chúng tôi chọn lọc và tổng hợp thành từng Bộ đề thi học kỳ 2 môn Tiếng Anh lớp 12 có đáp án sẽ giúp quý thầy cô và các em học sinh tham khảo dễ dàng hơn. Mời các em học sinh tham khảo.
Đề thi học kỳ 2 môn Tiếng Anh lớp 12 trường THPT Đoàn Thượng, Hải Dương
ĐỀ CHẴN: Dành cho thí sinh có SBD chẵn
I. PRONUNCIATION (1.0p)
Choose the word which is different from the others in the position of stress syllable.
1. A. integration B. solidarity C. facility D. combination
2. A. statistics B. status C. philosophy D. economy
Choose the word whose underlined part is pronounced differently from that of the others.
3. A. struggles B. votes C. accelerates D. develops
4. A. resulted B. washed C. dedicated D. attended
II. LANGUAGE USE. Choose the best answer (3.0p)
1. This book ________ to me as a gift on my last birthday.
A. gave B. had given C. was given D. had been given
2. Don't forget to put your coat ________. It's cold outside.
A. up B. off C. on D. in
3. "Must I do the shopping now?" – "No, you_____. We've got plenty of food."
A. mustn't B. have to C. needn't D. don't
4. Women has been struggling for a long time for the _______ to vote.
A. status B. right C. intellectual ability D. equal
5. Your mother ________ for you since yesterday.
A. is looking B. was looking C. looked D. has been looking
6. The crowd are becoming _________excited.
A. less and least B. less and most C. more and most D. more and more
7. ASEAN has _______ cultures, which attract tourists worldwide.
A. diverse B. diversity C. diversify D. diversely
8. I found this wallet on the street while I _________ to school.
A. walk B. am walking C. have walked D. was walking
9. Who will ________ the children while you go out to work?
A. look for B. look up C. look after D. look at
10. The shoes didn't go with the dress, so she _________ and put on an other pair.
A. take them off B. take off them C. put it off D. put off it
11. Gertrude takes _________ her mother; she has blue eyes and fair hair, too.
A. in B. up C. after D. down
12. The aim of ASEAN is to promote closer economic_________ .
A. delegation B. migration C. reputation D. integration
III. READING (3P)
Part 2: Read the following passage and do the task below.
Nowadays gymnastics are very popular in China and some other Asian countries. Modern gymnastics began there in the nineteenth century. In 1811, an outdoor gymnastics centre for men was open in Berlin where they could do bodybuilding and exercises on a high bar and other pieces of equipment.
Dance is an important part of training as it prepares you for the types of movement required in gymnastics. One of the aims is to make the body stronger for jumps and turns. In competitions, women perform the exercises with music so dance, gymnastics and music are connected.
To become a top gymnast, it is important to start when very young, that is, when you are still in your kindergarten with simple exercises. Boys developed physically later than girls so Olympic gymnastics medals are usually won by men between the ages of nineteen and twenty-five while girl champions are fourteen or fifteen years old.
1. When and where did modern gymnastics begin?
A. In Africa in the 19th century. B. In Europe in the 19th century.
C. In America in the 19th century. D. In Asia in the 19th century.
2. What did Berlin set up the gymnastics centre for in 1811?
A. For men to do gymnastics with equipment.
B. For women to do gymnastics.
C. For people to do outdoors gymnastics.
D. For men to do gymnastics without equipment
3. Why is dance an important part of gymnastics training?
A. Because it helps you to be stronger.
B. Because it is a sport.
C. Because it includes the types of movements required in gymnastics.
D. Because it makes you jump and turn.
4. Why are women younger than men among the Olympic medal winners?
A. Male athletes are older than female athletes in all games.
B. Girls developed physically earlier than boys.
C. Women are physically stronger than men.
D. Girls are more hard-working than boys.
Đề kiểm tra học kỳ 2 môn Tiếng Anh lớp 12 trường THPT Thanh Sơn, Phú Thọ
I. PHONETICS: (1,25p)
* Pick out the word whose underlined part is pronounced differently from that of the other words:
1. A. clapped B. accompanied C. appalled D. survived
2. A. blames B. struggles C. initiates D. defends
* Pick out the word that has different stress from that of the other words:
3. A. contribute B. incredible C. terrorist D. eternal
4. A. accompany B. shortcoming C. outstanding D. retail
5. A. apply B. persuade C. reduce D. offer
II. USE OF LANGUAGE: (3,75p)
6. John used to be one of the most ________ athletes in my country.
A. succeed B. success C. successful D. successfully
* Choose the answer A, B, C or D that has the same meaning with the underlined word in sentence 7 and 8:
7. Childrearing is the women's most wonderful role.
A. Giving birth to a baby B. Having no child
C. Bringing up a child C. Educating a child
8. The ASEAN Para - Games are hosted by the same country where the SEA Games took place.
A. organized B. impressed C. participated D. defended
* Choose the answer A, B, C or D that has the opposite meaning with the underlined word in sentence 9 and 10:
9. Be careful! The dog is running out.
A. Ignore B. Look up C. Go on D. Look after
10 .The World Health Organization was founded in 1948.
A. come around B. separated C. made out D. put
11.The globe gets ________ because of the changing of the weather.
A. hot and hot B. the hottest and hottest
C. hotter and hotter D. more and more hot
12. ________ you study for these exams, ________ you will do.
A. The harder/ the better B. The more hard/ the more good
C. The more/ the much D. The hardest/ the best
13. Peter has been working for 10 hours. He ________ be very tired now.
A. needn't B. must C. has to D. should
14. It is a top secret. You ________ tell anyone about it.
A. mustn't B. needn't C. mightn't D. won't
15. When the lights________, we couldn't see a thing.
A. put out B. switched of C. went out D. turn down
16. "To give someone a ring " is to________
A. call him up B. marry him C. admire him D. pick him up
17. The preparations ________ by the time the guests ________
A. had been finished/ arrived B. have finished/ arrived
C. had finished/ were arriving D. have been finished/ were arrived
18. In 1966, my brother________ at Harvard university.
A. studies B. is studying C. studied D. had studied
19. Hung: "Thank you very much for a lovely party" - Hoa: "___________"
A. You are welcome B. Thanks C. Cheers D. Have a good day
20. "Has an announcement been made about the eight of o'clock flight to Paris?"
A. Yes, it is B. Sorry, I don't C. I don't think that D. Not yet
III. Reading: ( 2,5p)
A-Read the following passage then choose the best answer to complete each gap:
In 1973, when the tiger appeared to be facing extinction, the World Wide Fund for Nature and the Indian Government agreed to set ...(21)....." Operation Tiger"- a campaign to save this ...(22)... creature. They started by creating nine special parks ...(23).... tigers could live safety. The first was at Ranthambhore, a region which was quickly turning into a desert ...(24).... too much of the grass was being eaten by the local people's cattle. At the time there were just fourteen tigers left there. The government had to clear twelve small villages, which meant moving nearly 1, 000 people and 10, 000 cattle so the land ...(25)..... be handed back to nature.
21. A. on B. up C. in D. down
22. A. damaged B. destroyed C. frightened D. threatened
23. A. in case B. for fear C. so that D. because
24. A. because B. when C. if D. while
25. A. must B. can C. could D. might
B- Read the following passage carefully and choose the best answer to each question:
Aquatic sports - sports involving playing in or upon the water - take various forms. The main activities include swimming, synchronized swimming, diving and water polo. Swimming is the act of moving through the water by using the arms, legs, and body in motion. It is an integral part of almost all water - based activities. In synchronized swimming, the players perform beautiful maneuvers to music and diving. Water polo, on the other hand, is a game where two opposing teams play against each other, attempting to throw a buoyant ball into the opponent's goal.
Underwater activities are less varied, the most popular of which are snorkeling and scuba diving. Snorkeling involves swimming face down just below the water surface while breathing through a slender plastic tube called a snorkel, meanwhile scuba divers carry a big tank of air that allows them to breathe while deep underwater.
Aquatic sports have long been acknowledged as excellent ways to take physical exercise. Furthermore, practicing them is known to produce both psychological and physical benefits which help to improve mood states and reduce the risk of many serious diseases. This explains why aquatic sports have become very popular forms of exercise among people of all ages.