Bộ đề thi thử THPT Quốc gia năm 2017 môn Tiếng Anh CÓ ĐÁP ÁN - Số 4
Đề luyện thi đại học 2017 môn Tiếng Anh có đáp án
Bộ đề thi thử THPT Quốc gia năm 2017 môn Tiếng Anh CÓ ĐÁP ÁN - Số 4 gồm các đề thi thử mới nhất có kèm đáp án cụ thể giúp các em học sinh ôn thi THPT Quốc gia hiệu quả. Sau đây mời các em cùng thử sức nhé.
Đề thi thử THPT Quốc gia năm 2017 môn Tiếng Anh
Choose the word that is stressed differently from the rest.
1. A. hospital B. inflation C. policy D. constantly
2. A. government B. consumer C. domestic D. production
3. A. priority B. industry C. subsidy D. qualify
Choose the word whose underlined part is pronounced differently from that of the rest.
4. A. choice B. chemist C. each D. achieve
5. A. applicant B. identity C. indicate D. chemistry
Choose the best answer to complete the blank in each of the following sentences.
6. If I feel too excited to sleep, I ________ reading one of our reports.
A. will try B. try C. would try D. would have tried
7. If he ________ well on the training course last year, he ________ offered the promotion now.
A. had done/ would be B. had done/ would have done
C. did/ would be D. did/ will be
8. What time would we get there ________ the subway?
A. we took B. if we took
C. unless we take D. provided that we take
9. He took me to the college ________.
A. he used to study B. in that he used to study
C. where he used to study D. which he used to study
10. ________ school is very important for ________ country to develop.
A. The/ a B. ø/ a C. The/ ø D. ø/ ø
11. He has been learning hard to prepare ________ the coming final exam.
A. for B. with C. on D. over
12. ________ the end of the course, the students have to take an exam on four basic skills of the target language.
A. In B. At C. On D. To
13. They are university professors who specialize ________ the history of the Russian empire.
A. on B. to C. in D. about
14. Secondary education in Hong Kong is largely based ________ the British education system.
A. on B. to C. in D. about
15. Tell me the day ________ you want to leave.
A. which B. in which C. that D. when
16. Of my students, Betty is the only one ________ has found a job.
A. whom B. which C. that D. whose
17. Have you ever visited New York harbor, ________ the famous Statue of Liberty stands?
A. which B. where C. that D. over which
18. The man and his dogs ________ were buried in the demolished building after the earthquake have just been rescued safely.
A. which B. who C. that D. whom
19. GCSE courses are ____ in a variety of subjects which are usually decided by the students themselves.
A. spent B. taken C. made D. looked
20. GCSEs are not compulsory, but they are the most common qualifications taken by 14-16 year-old students.
A. specialized B. fulfilled C. applied D. Required
21. An 'A-level' in Maths or a/ an ________ qualification is normally required.
A. equal B. same C. like D. equivalent
22. The control of ________ has been carried out through measures rooted in monetarism.
A. inflate B. inflation C. inflationist D. inflator
23. It is often a good idea to start with small, easily ________ goals.
A. achievable B. achieve C. achievement D. achiever
24. To my _______, I was not offered the job.
A. happiness B. dream C. joy D. disappointment
25. The Eiffel Tower ________ design was revolutionary at its time, is still a marvelous structure.
A. which B. that C. whose D. of which
26. Many children are under such a high ________ of learning that they do not feel happy at school.
A. recommendation B. interview C. pressure D. concentration
27. ________, he walked to the station.
A. Despite being tired B. Although to be tired
C. In spite being tired D. Despite tired
28. During the time of economic reforms, the economy has grown _______ with only a few major setbacks.
A. constant B. constantly C. constants D. constancy
29. The _______ effect of the new policy is that the farmer is now working for himself, and not for the state sake.
A. legal B. common C. all D. overall
30. After more than a decade of Doi Moi or economic _______, the Vietnamese Communist government has achieved diplomatic and economic links with numerous foreign partners.
A. relation B. investment C. productivity D. renovation
Choose the sentence that is closest in the meaning to the root one.
36. If I/ not/ television/ I/ hear/ burglar alarm/ off
A. If I hadn't watched the television, I had heard the burglar alarm go off.
B. If I didn't watch the television, I had heard the burglar alarm go off.
C. If I hadn't watched the television, I would have heard the burglar alarm go off.
D. If I hadn't watch the television, I would hear the burglar alarm go off.
37. He/ suffer/ rare tropical disease/ which/ contracted/ while/ Africa
A. He still suffers from a rare tropical disease which he contracted while he was in Africa.
B. He still suffers from a rare tropical disease which contracted while he was in Africa.
C. He suffers from a rare tropical disease which was contracted while he is in Africa.
D. He suffers from a rare tropical disease which he contracts while in Africa.
38. Laser/ device/ concentrate/ light waves/ intense beam.
A. Laser is a device concentrates light waves into an intense light beam.
B. The laser is a device to concentrate light waves to an intense light beam.
C. The laser is a device which concentrates light waves and an intense light beam.
D. Laser is a device which concentrates light waves into an intense light beam.
39. That book/ very thick/ belong/ younger sister.
A. That book, what is very thick, belongs to my younger sister.
B. That book, that is very thick, belongs to my younger sister.
C. That book, which is very thick, belongs to my younger sister.
D. That book, which is very thick, belongs my younger sister.
40. I did not answer the door even though I knew it was my friend.
A. Unless I knew it was my friend, I would not answer the door.
B. I knew it was my friend, but I did not answer the door.
C. Only when I answered the door did I knew it was my friend.
D. I answered the door since I knew it was my friend.
Read the passage and choose the best answers:
...Never say anything negative about past experiences, employers, or courses or professors. Always think of something positive about an experience and talk about that. You should also be __(31)__. If you are genuinely interested __(32)__ the job, let the interviewer know that.
One of the best ways to show you are keen on a job is to demonstrate that you have researched the organization prior to the interview. You can also __(33)__ interest by asking questions about the job, the organization, and its service and products. The best way to impress an employer is to ask questions that build your interview discussion. This shows you are interested and __(34)__ close attention to the interviewer. It is a good idea to prepare a few questions in advance, but an insightful comment based on your conversation can make an even stronger statement. At the __(35)__ of the interview, it is appropriate for you to ask when you may expect to hear from the employer.
41. A. enthusiasm B. enthusiastic C. enthusiastically D. enthusiast
42. A. with B. for C. on D. in
43. A. appear B. conceal C. show D. cover
44. A. pay B. choose C. make D. spend
45. A. close B. final C. end D. finish
Read the passage and choose the best answers:
University Entrance Examination is very important to Vietnamese students. High school graduates have to take it and get high results to be admitted to universities. The pressure on the candidates remains very high despite the measures that have been taken to reduce the heat around these exams, since securing a place in a state university is considered a major step towards a successful career for young people, especially those from rural areas or disadvantaged families. In the year 2004, it was estimated that nearly 1 million Vietnamese students took the University Entrance Examination, but on average only 1 out of 5 candidates succeeded. Normally, candidates take 3 exam subjects, and each lasts 180 minutes for the fixed group of subjects they choose. There are 4 fixed groups of subjects: Group A: Mathematics, Physics, and Chemistry; Group B: Mathematics, Chemistry and Biology; Group C: Literature, History, and Geography; Group D: Literature, Foreign Language, and Mathematics.
In addition to universities, there are community colleges, art and technology institutes, professional secondary schools, and vocational schools which offer degrees or certificates from a-few-month to 2-year courses.
According to Vietnam's Ministry of Education and Training, there are currently 23 non-public universities, accounting for 11% of the total number of universities. These non-public universities are currently training 119,464 students or 11.7% of the total number of students. The government is planning to increase the number of non-public universities to 30% by 2007.
46. University Entrance Examination in Vietnam is very _________.
A. interesting B. stressful C. free D. easy
47. The word those refers to _________.
A. exam subjects B. young people C. universities D. examinations
48. In 2004, the proportion of the students who got success in University Entrance Examination was about _________ percent.
A. 5 B. 10 C. 20 D. 50
49. Which sentence refers to the University Entrance Examination in Vietnam?
A. Students find it easy to get success in the University Entrance Examination.
B. Maths is compulsory in the University Entrance Examination.
C. Students are not allowed to choose their exam subjects.
D. There are four fixed groups of exam subjects for students to choose.
50. According to the passage, _________.
A. the Vietnamese government will close all non-public universities by next year
B. the Vietnamese government does not appreciate non-public universities
C. the Vietnamese government encourages the establishment of non-public universities
D. Vietnamese students have no alternative to continue their higher study besides universities
Đề thi thử THPT Quốc gia năm 2017 môn Tiếng Anh có đáp án
Pick out the word whose underlined part is pronounced differently from that of the others.
1. A. any B. daddy C. cat D. chat
2. A. talked B. passed C. called D. washed
3. A. come B. something C. comb D. grow
Choose the word that has the stress differently from that of the other words.
4. A. company B. official C. Australia D. encounter
5. A. knowledge B. bracket C. although D. neighbor
6. A. hopelessness B. athletics C. resident D. tolerance
Choose the best answer to complete the blank in each of the following sentences.
7. This room__________since I was born.
A. has been painted B. was painted C. painted D. has painted
8. What__________ you__________if you __________a billionaire? –I would take a trip into space.
A. will/do/ are B. would/do/ were C. can/do/was D. shall/do/ are
9. Have you seen the Titanic yet? _ No, I haven't. I__________it next Saturday.
A. would see B. will see C. am going to see D. see
10. After__________dinner, I often watch TV.
A. ate B. eat C. eaten D. eating
11. Tom said that he __________his motorbike the day before.
A. had lost B. lost C. has lost D. lose
12. Do you believe__________God?
A. at B. of C. abou t D. in
13. Air and water are necessary__________us.
A. of B. for C. with D. to
14. The beautiful woman has a busy__________life.
A. society B. socialize C. social D. socializing
15. English has become the main language of__________.
A. communication B. communicate C. communicant D. communicative
16. Do you think doing the household chores is the__________of the women only?
A. responsibly B. responsible C. responsibility D. responsive
17. He did some odd jobs at home__________.
A. disappointment B. disappointedly C. disappointed D. disappoint
18. "I have bought you a toy. Happy birthday to you!" –"__________"
A. What a lovely toy! Thanks. B. Have a nice day!
C. The same to you! D. What a pity!
19. " Your hairstyle is terrific, Cindy" – "__________"
A. It's nice B. You're welcome C. Not at all D. Thanks, Peter
20. When students finish the secondary education, they have to take a(n)__________called GCSE.
A. check B. examination C. interview D. test
21. I spoke very slowly __________he didn't understand English very well.
A. to B. so that C. because D. so
22. When being interviewed, you should concentrate on what the interviewer is saying or asking you.
A. be related to B. express interest in C. be interested in D. pay attention to
23. " I'm going away tomorrow, mother."_ Leo told his mother that__________away the__________.
A. he was going/ following day C. I was going/ day after
B. I'm going/ day after D. he's going/ following day
24. " It was nice of you to give me the present. Thank you" Ben said to Mary.
Ben thanked Mary__________the present.
A. of giving him C. for giving him
B. it had been nice of her to give him D. that she had been nice to give him
25. Shakespeare wrote " Romeo and Juliet" in 1605.
A. " Romeo and Juliet" were written by Shakespeare in1605
B. " Romeo and Juliet" was written by Shakespeare in 1605.
C. " Romeo and Juliet" was written in 1605 by Shakespeare.
D. " Romeo and Juliet" were written in 1605 by Shakespeare
26. The hurricane has totally destroyed the villages._ The villages__________by the hurricane.
A. have been totally destroyed C. have totally been destroyed
B. has been totally destroyed D. has totally been destroyed
27. If you don't work much harder, you won't pass the exam.
Unless you__________much harder, you__________the exam.
A. work/ will pass B. don't work/ will pass
C. don't work/ won't pass D. work/ won't pass
28. My sister is often sick because she doesn't do physical exercise.
A. If my sister does physical exercise, she won't often be sick.
B. If my sister isn't physical exercise, she does sick.
C. If my sister did physical exercise, she wouldn't often be sick.
D. If my sister wasn't physical exercise, she would do sick.
29. The river from__________we get our water- supply is nearly empty.
A. whose B. that C. where D. which
30. My father wants to speak to you. You met him yesterday.
My father__________you met yesterday, wants to speak to you.
A. whose B. whom C. whom D. that
31. In spite of his poorness, he is honest.
A. Although he is poor, he is honest. C. Despite he is poor, he is honest.
B. Although he is poor, but he is honest. D. In spite of he is poor, he is honest.
32. He only accepted the job__________the high salary.
A. though B. because C. because of D. in spite of
33. Did you read__________novel I lent you__________last week?
A. ф/ in B. a/ ф C. ф/on D. the/ф
34. __________rich should help__________poor and__________disabled.
A. a/ a/ a B. the/ the/ the C. ф/ ф/ ф D. the/ the/ ф
35. The man who is speaking to John is my brother.
A. The man spoke to John is my brother.
C. The man spoken to John is my brother.
B. The man is speaking to John is my brother.
D. The man speaking to John is my brother.
36. He read The Old Man and The Sea, a novel__________by Ernest Hemingway.
A. written B. writing C. which written D. that wrote
Read the passage below and choose the best answer (A, B, C or D) to each question.
The habits of those who constantly play video games are very important to people working in video-game industry. If video games are going to one of the most attractive features of future interactive systems, it is essential for producers to know what types of games to make, how best to present such games on interactive video, and how to ensure that such games maintain their fascination for people. Above all, it is vital to build up detailed profiles of people who are addicted to video games.
Until recently, the chief market for video games has been boys aged eight to fifteen. The fascination for interactive video games is seen in its purest form in this group. Video games appeal to some deep instinct in boys who find it impossible to tear themselves from them. Schoolwork is ignored, health is damaged and even eating habits are affected. Girls of the same age, however, are entirely different, demonstrating far greater freedom from the hold of video games. Quite simply, they can take video games in their strike, being able to play them when they want and then leave them alone.
41. Producers of video games are keen on __________.
A. finding the best ways of continuing to attract people
B. developing computer techniques in making such games
C. learning about drug to which people are addicted
D. designing ways
42. The people who are most attracted to video games are __________.
A. young adult women
B. boys from eight to fifteen years old
C. girls between eight and fifteen
D. supermarket assistants
43. __________have different attitude towards playing video games.
A. Adult men and women
B. Boys and girls from eight to fifteen
C. Girls and boys above eight
D. Girls and boys below eight
44. The addiction to video games can be so powerful that it can __________.
A. separate boys from girls
B. make people relaxing
C. destroy people's instincts
D. make people physically ill.
45. Compared with boys of the same age, girls are __________.
A. more intelligent than boys
B. more addicted to video games
C. more concentrated on video games
D. less affected by video games
Choose the word or phrase (A, B, C or D) that best fits the blank space in the following passage.
Speech is one of the most important ways of communicating. It consists of far more than just (46)_________noises. To talk or to (47)_________by other people, we have to master a language, that is, we have to use combinations of sound that (48)_________for a particular object or idea. Communication (49)_________impossible if everyone (50)_________up their own language.
46. A. makes B. make C. to make D. making
47. A. understanding B. understand C. be understood D. be understandable
48. A. to stand B. stand C. stands D. standing
49. A. is B. will be C. would be D. was
50. A. made B. makes C. make D. will make