Bộ đề thi tuyển sinh vào lớp 10 môn Tiếng Anh CÓ ĐÁP ÁN (16)
Bộ đề và đáp án thi vào lớp 10 môn Tiếng Anh
Luyện giải đề thi thường xuyên sẽ giúp các bạn học sinh không chỉ ôn tập, vận dụng tốt kiến thức mình đã học mà còn giúp các bạn làm quen với cấu trúc đề thi, rút kinh nghiệm để nâng cao kĩ năng giải đề. Vì vậy với mục đích hỗ trợ các em học sinh có thêm tài liệu ôn tập, VnDoc.com xin chia sẻ đến các em học sinh Bộ đề thi tuyển sinh vào lớp 10 môn Tiếng Anh CÓ ĐÁP ÁN (16).
Đề thi vào lớp 10 môn Tiếng Anh (Điều kiện) năm học 2016 - 2017 trường THPT Chuyên Nguyễn Huệ, Hà Nội (Lần 1)
PART ONE: PHONETICS – GRAMMAR & VOCABULARY (55 pts)
I. Questions 1-5: Choose the word whose underlined part is pronounced differently from that of the others by circling A, B, C or D and write your answers into the box below. (5.0 pts)
1. A. there B. appear C. wear D. prepare
2. A. climate B. comprise C. notice D. divide
3. A. kicked B. fixed C. pleased D. missed
4. A. ring B. benefit C. wander D. wonderful
5. A. slavery B. last C. guest D. towards
II. Questions 6-25: Circle the best option (A, B, C or D) to complete each of the following sentences and write your answers into the box below. (20 pts)
6. That famous book _______ of five chapters.
A. comprises B. makes C. has D. consists
7. He used to _______ his living by delivering vegetables to city hotels.
A. earn B. gain C. get D. make
8. The shop promised to keep the goods for me if I _______ a deposit.
A. made B. paid C. gave D. left
9. We'll play tennis and _______ we'll have lunch.
A. so B. so that C. then D. after
10. Nobody was injured in the accident, _______?
A. was he B. wasn't he C. were they D. weren't they
11. I wouldn't like to have _______ a snake or a spider as a pet.
A. neither B. both C. nor D. either
12. _______ being ill, she still went to class yesterday.
A. Even though B. Despite C. Because D. Since
13. On the _______ to the town, there is a beautiful wood.
A. way B. direction C. street D. entrance
14. We should try to study hard to _______ our knowledge.
A. better B. farther C. lessen D. strengthen
15. I didn't _______ her as she was wearing a blond wig.
A. perceive B. know C. realize D. recognize
16. Women's Aid is a UK charity _______ aim is to end domestic violence against women and children.
A. who B. whose C. which D. whom
17. Passover is also an _______ spring festival.
A. ancient B. anxious C. annual D. official
18. The two friends always back _______ up in everything they do.
A. each other B. one another C. themselves D. ourselves
19. Dinosaurs are believed to _______ millions of years ago.
A. have gone out B. have died out C. have run off D. died out
20. – "I'm taking my first exam next week." – "______."
A. Cheers B. Good luck C. Well done D. Congratulations
21. – "Something is worrying me?" – "_______"
A. Well, what are you doing? B. Well, tell me who's that?
C. Well, tell me what's worrying you? D. Well, I know.
22. Wait _______ you get home before you unpack your parcel.
A. during B. until C. when D. after
23. The hotel has been built on the _______ of the lake.
A. border B. boundary C. edge D. front
24. _______ does it take you to do the washing?
A. How fast B. What time C. How often D. How long
25. Due to bad weather, the picnic has been _______ until next Sunday.
A. put off B. taken off C. put down D. switched off
III. Questions 26-35: Use the correct form of the words in brackets to complete sentences and write your answers into the box below. (10 pts)
26. Recently, health foods have increased in _______. (POPULAR)
27. She presented her ideas clearly and _______. (LOGIC)
28. Nowadays _______ knowledge of English can be a problem in business. (SUFFICIENCY)
29. Sorry about the mistakes, I _______ the instruction you gave me. (UNDERSTAND)
30. He is interested in the _______ of old building. (PRESERVE)
31. Housework has _______ been regarded as women's work. (TRADITION)
32. The whole country is trying to get rid of _______. (POOR)
33. We will live happier and _______ life if we keep our environment clean. (HEALTH)
34. It is _______ of you to cheat in the exam. (HONEST)
35. _______ is now a serious problem in many countries. (FOREST)
IV. Questions 36-45: Put the verbs in brackets into the correct form or tense and write your answers into the box below. (10 pts)
- He (36. wear) _______ the same old coat since he (37. move) _______ here.
- A lot of people (38. kill) _______ by AIDS recently, and I wish nobody (39. die) _______ any more.
- After (40. stop) _______ by the police, the man admitted (41. steal) _______ the car but denied driving at 100 miles an hour.
- We (42. have) _______ our house (43. repair) _______ next month.
- My sister is going to graduate from Hanoi University in July. By then, I (44. complete) _______ my entrance examination.
- His doctor advised (45. cut) _______ down on the amount of fat food.
V. Questions 46-55: Fill each gap with a suitable preposition to complete each of the sentences. (10 pts)
46. Wearing uniforms helps poor students feel equal _______ others.
47. He made a good impression _______ his first day at work.
48. Egypt is famous _______ ancient Pyramids.
49. Where is Anna? She should be here _______ now.
50. There are usually a lot of parties _______ New Year's Eve.
51. They revealed that he had supplied terrorist organization _____ weapons.
52. The certificates can be exchanged _______ goods in any of our stores.
53. We plan to impose limitations _______ the use of cars in the city.
54. Their stated aim was to free women _______ domestic slavery.
55. I think they've gone to the airport to see their boss _______.
PART TWO: READING (25 pts)
I. Questions 56-65: Read the passage carefully, then fill in each blank with ONE suitable word and write your answers into the box below. (10 pts)
People appear to learn in different ways. Some people expect to make mistakes in their studies and are capable (56) _______ benefiting from their mistakes. They don't mind (57) _______ corrected by their teacher and indeed often ask to be corrected.
Others, (58) _______, dislike making mistakes. They try to avoid doing anything (59) _______ they might do badly. They would (60) _______ perfect something in small steps and be sure they have got it right than attempt to do task (61) _______ on a subject they don't feel they have finished exploring yet.
Both (62) _______ of learning seem to be equally valid, but a combination of the two may be the (63) _______ solution. In order to learn effectively, students have to remember to take risk sometimes. But they also have to feel comfortable and secure with (64) _______ they're doing so as not to become demotivated. All students should at (65) _______ think about questioning the way that they approach learning.
II. Questions 66-75: Read the text below and decide which answer A, B, C or D best fits each numbered blank and write your answers into the box below. (10 pts)
Earth is the only (66) _______ we know of in the universe that can support human life. (67) _______ human activities are making the planet less fit to live on. As the western world (68) _______ on consuming two-thirds of the world's resources while half of the world's population do so (69) _______ to stay alive, we are rapidly destroying the very resource we have by which all people can survive and prosper. Everywhere fertile soil is (70) _______ built on or washed into the sea. Renewable resources are exploited so much that they will never be able to recover completely. We discharge pollutants into the atmosphere without any thought of the consequences. As a (71) _______ the planet's ability to support people is being reduced at the very time when rising human numbers and consumption are (72) _______ increasingly heavy demands on it. The Earth's natural resources are there for us to use. We need food, water, air, energy, medicines, warmth, shelter and minerals to (73) _______ us fed, comfortable, healthy and active. If we are sensible in how we use the resources they will (74) _______ indefinitely. But if we use them wastefully and excessively they will soon run (75) _______ and everyone will suffer.
66. A. situation B. place C. position D. site
67. A. Although B. Still C. Yet D. Despite
68. A. continues B. repeats C. carries D. follows
69. A. already B. just C. for D. entirely
70. A. sooner B. neither C. either D. rather
71. A. development B. result C. reaction D. product
Đề thi thử vào lớp 10 môn Tiếng Anh chuyên trường THPT Hà Nội - Amsterdam năm 2015
I. Choose the word whose underlined part is pronounced differently from that of the others in each group. (5 pts.)
1. A. Cave B. Have C. Behave D. Pave ___
2. A. Receipt B. Recall C. Recollect D. Recover ___
3. A. Card B. Heard C. Hearth D. Heart ___
4. A. Abuse B. Refuse C. Fuss D. Future ___
5. A. Adventure B. Future C. Mature D. Figure ___
II. Choose the word whose main stressed syllable is placed differently from that of the others in the list. (5 pts.)
1. A. Admirable B. Accessible C. Compatible D. respiratory ____
2. A. Humane B. Unite C. Colleague D. canteen ____
3. A. Descent B. Dissent C. Discontent D. content ____
4. A. Eradicate B. Kilometer C. Characterize D. communism ____
5. A. Technical B. Origin C. Agriculture D. cathedral ____
PART B: LEXICO AND GRAMMAR
I. Choose the best answer to complete each of the following sentences. Write your answer (A, B, C or D) in the box provided. (15 pts.)
1. A number of oil tankers have been laid ……………. recently.
A. on B. down C. up D. in
2. The inscription on the tombstone had been worn ………by the weather and could scarcely be read.
A. away B. off C. out D. on
3. ………………second thoughts, I’d rather not go out tonight.
A. With B. In C. On D. Under
4. The new hairdryer does not comply ………………British safety standard.
A. to B. with C. against D. on
5. Many books were not available to the public because of government ………………...
A. omission B. inhibition C. compensation D. censorship
6. The woman accused of shoplifting was found not guilty and was …………………..
A. excused B. liberated C. acquitted D. interned
7. He is a(n) …………….authority on the subject.
A. prominent B. expert C. eminent D. quality
8. My car was so old that I could only sell it for ……………….
A. rubbish B. scrap C. debris D. waste
9. Not only ………………in the project, but he also wanted to become the leader.
A. did Jack involve B. had Jack been involved
C. was Jack involved D. Jack was involved
10. I felt a bit ……………..and seemed to have more aches and pains than usual.
A. out of sorts B. on the mend
C. over the worst D. under the fevers
11. The school was closed for a month because of a serious ……………of fever.
A. outcome B. outburst C. outset D. outbreak
12. I don’t think he’s ever been there, ………………..?
A. do I B. has he C. have I D. hasn’t he