Đề kiểm tra 1 tiết học kỳ 2 môn Tiếng Anh lớp 10 trường THPT Phan Văn Trị, TP. Cần Thơ năm học 2015 - 2016
Đề kiểm tra 1 tiết học kỳ 2 môn Tiếng Anh lớp 10 năm 2016 có đáp án
Trong bài viết này, VnDoc xin giới thiệu Đề kiểm tra 1 tiết học kỳ 2 môn Tiếng Anh lớp 10 trường THPT Phan Văn Trị, TP. Cần Thơ năm học 2015 - 2016 có kèm đáp án chi tiết dành cho các em học sinh ôn tập. Sau đây mời các em cùng làm bài và tham khảo đáp án cuối bài nhé!
TRƯỜNG THPT PHAN VĂN TRỊ
NĂM HỌC 2015-2016
ĐỀ KIỂM TRA MỘT TIẾT
Môn: TIẾNG ANH LỚP 10
Thời gian: 45 phút (không kể thời gian phát đề)
Choose a word which has underlined syllable has different sound.
1. A. cow B. town C. how D. bowl
2. A. here B. nowhere C. atmosphere D. cheers
Choose a word that has different stress pattern.
3. A. defence B. dolphin C. muddy D. shortage
4. A. destruction B. gestation C. submarine D. resurface
II. VOCABULARY AND GRAMMAR:
Choose the best option to complete these following sentences.
5. Tiny organisms are carried ___________ by the currents like jellyfish.
A. with B. from C. along D. on
6. She said that she ___________ you someday.
A. had visited B. would visit C. has visited D. will visit
7. Tom ___________ that he never wrote that word.
A. told B. said to C. tells D. said
8.He came in tired and hungry and badly __________ need of a bath.
A. in B. by C. on D. with
9. The room is being ____________ at the moment
A. was cleaned B. cleaned C. cleaning D. clean
10. Try to eliminate fatty foods from your diet.
A. limit B. move C. get rid of D. add
11. A large hydroelectric ____________ was built on the River Danube.
A. dam B. power C. bank D. wall
12. Every morning, my mother ____________ up at 5.
A. to get B. gets C. will get D. got
13. If I were you, I ____________ that job
A. will apply for B. would have apply for
C. would apply for D. applied for
14. If the bookstore ____________ open, I'll buy some books
A. is B. was C. will be D. would be
15. This room isn't very interesting. They _____________ put some pictures on the walls.
A. will B. should C. shouldn't D. won't
16. A: Would you mind giving me a hand? - B: ___________________________ .
A. That's a great idea. B. No, thanks.
C. Not at all. D. Good bye
17. Sperm whale population is at risk due to hunting.
A. in extinction B. on the decrease C. in fewness D. in danger
18. Whales are in danger because of the increase in _______________ of other sea animals.
A. populated B. popular C. population D. populate
19. A: Shall we play table tennis now ? - B: ______________________________ .
A. Sorry. I'm tired. B. Congratulation.
C. You are welcome. D. Not at all.
III. IDENTIFY MISTAKE: Which is incorrect?
20. Our class is difference from other classes.
A B C D
21. Some parents were satisfying with their children's examination result.
A B C D
22. If drivers obeyed the speed limit, fewer accidents won't occur.
A B C D
IV. READING COMPREHENSION:
Read the text and choose the correct answer for each question below.
Most people are afraid of sharks, but they usually do not know much about them. For example, there are about 350 species of sharks that live in oceans over the world. Ali of the sharks are carnivores, but most of them don't attack people. Some sharks are very small - the smallest shark is about 6 inches long - about as long as your hand. But some sharks are very large. The largest species of sharks may be 60 feet long and weigh 15 tons. Unlike many other kinds of fish, sharks do not have bone. Their bodies are made up of a kind of tough white flexible material (called cartilage). Sharks do not have ears. However, they 'hear' sounds and movements in the wade. Any sound or movement makes the water vibrates. Sharks can feel these vibrations which help the sharks find food. Sharks use their large eyes to find food, too. Most sharks see best in low light. They often hunt for food at dawn, in the evening, or in the middle of the night.
Nowadays scientists want to learn more about sharks for several reasons. For example, cancer is common in many animals, including, people. However, it is rare in sharks. Scientists want to find out why sharks almost never get cancer. Maybe this information can help people prevent cancer too.
23. According to the passage, sharks ________________________ .
A. are big mammals B. usually live in warm water
C. are meat eaters D. always attack humans
24. How long is a smallest shark? _______________________________
A. About 1.5 centimeters. B. As long as a hand.
C. As one's long hand. D. About 6 meters.
25. The word 'they' in line 11 refers to_______________.
A. sounds B. vibrations C. sharks D. movements
26. Sharks can hunt for food at night because __________________________.
A. they hear more clearly at night. B. their eyes are large.
C. they feel vibrations in the water. D. they see well in the dark.
27. Which of the following is NOT TRUE?
A. Sharks often attack people.
B. Sharks' bodies are made up of cartilage.
C. Large sharks can weigh up to 15,000 kg.
D. Sharks can find their food by feeling vibration
28. It can be inferred from the last paragraph that __________________________.
A. sharks are being studied
B. information about sharks help people cure cancer
C. the cancer risk among animals is found to be higher
D. scientists are given permission to catch sharks for their studies
Rewrite the following sentences using the word(s) given.
29. I don't have free time, so I can't go to the cinema with her. (could)
If ________________________________________________the cinema with her.
30. Study English well, or you can't go abroad.(don't)
If you_______________________________________________________ abroad.
31. Nam said to Mai, "I will visit Ha Long Bay next weekends." (would)
Nam told __________________________________________________weekends.
32. She gave me a gift last Sunday. (gift)
I _______________________________________________________ last Sunday.
Imagine that you will organize your birthday party at your house on 10th March, 2016. You write a letter about 80 words to invite Mai to your party.
You can begin with: