Đề kiểm tra 1 tiết số 2 học kì 1 lớp 11 môn tiếng Anh
Đề kiểm tra 45 phút môn Tiếng Anh lớp 11
Đề kiểm tra 1 tiết số 2 học kì 1 môn tiếng Anh lớp 11 là tài liệu ôn tập hữu ích dành cho các bạn học sinh lớp 11, giúp các bạn củng cố và hệ thống lại kiến thức hiệu quả, chuẩn bị tốt nhất cho kì thi học kì 2 sắp tới đây. Mời các bạn vào thử sức.
45-MINUTE TEST - N.0 2 - SEMESTER 1 - ENGLISH 11
Time allowance: 45 minutes
Full name: ....................................................... Class:........
Mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the underlined part that needs correction in each of the following questions.
1. He apologized (A) for (B) not reply (C) to my (D) letter.
2. You had (A) better (B) look (C) of a new job, (D) Andrew.
3. A huge amount (A) of tourists (B) come (C) to this city (D) every year.
Read the following passage and mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the correct word or phrase that best fits each of the numbered blanks from 4 to 8.
Psychologists have long known that having a set of cherished companions is crucial to mental well-being. A recent study by Australian investigators concluded that our friends even help to (4)_______ our lives. The study concentrated (5)_______ the social environment, general health, and lifestyle of 1,477 persons older than 70 years. The participants were asked how much contact they had with friends, children, relatives and acquaintances.
Researchers were surprised to learn that friendships increased life (6)_______ to a far greater extent than frequent contact with children and other relatives. This benefit held true even after these friends had moved away to another city and was independent of factors such as socio- economic status, health, and way of life. According to scientists, the ability to have relationships with people to (7)_______ one is important has a positive effect on physical and mental health. Stress and tendency towards depression are reduced, and behaviours that are damaging to health, such as smoking and drinking, occur less frequently. (8)_______, our support networks, in times of calamity in particular, can raise our moods and feelings of self-worth and offer helpful strategies for dealing with difficult personal challenges.
(Source: Academic Vocabulary in Use by Michael McCarthy and Felicity O'Dell)
4. A. expand
5. A. with
6. A. insurance
7. A. what
8. A. Otherwise
B. For example
Mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the most suitable response to complete each of the following exchanges.
9. Paul and Daisy are discussing life in the future.
- Paul: "I believe space travel will become more affordable for many people in the future."
- Daisy: ".............."
A. I am sorry to hear that.
B. It doesn't matter at all.
C. It's very kind of you to say so.
D. There's no doubt about that.
10. Jenny and her teacher are meeting at the bus stop.
- Jenny: "Good afternoon, Miss. How are you?"
- Teacher: ".................... And you?"
A. I'm leaving now
B. I'm going home
C. I'm thirsty years old
D. Fine, thank you
Read the following passage and mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the correct answer to each of the questions from $ to $.
Walt Disney was born in 1901 in Chicago, but soon moved to a small farm near Marceline, Missouri. From this rural and rather humble beginning, he later became one of the most famous and beloved motion-picture producers in history. Although he died in 1966, his name and artistic legacy continue to influence the lives of millions of people throughout the world.
After several years of barely making ends meet as a cartoon artist operating from his Los Angeles garage, Disney had his first success in 1928, with his release of a Mickey Mouse cartoon. Throughout the next decade, he continued to produce a number of cartoons, and develop more of his highly profitable and enduring creations, such as Donald Duck and Pluto. In the late 1930s, he issued a full-length cartoon film. Snow White became an instant commercial and critical success. This was only the first of many films, both animated and not, produced by Disney and his studio.
But as renowned as Disney name is for cartoons and movies, it is probably best known for a string of spectacular amusement and theme parks. Starting with California's Disneyland in 1955 and culminating with the fantastically successful Disney World and EPCOT Center in Florida, Disney became a household name. In recent years, the theme park concept became international, with openings in Tokyo and Paris. With the continuing success of Disney, the creation of future theme park is under discussion.
11. It can be inferred from the passage that ________.
A. the California theme park is now closed.
B. Disney created cartoon movies and "non-cartoon" movies.
C. the Tokyo theme park is in financial difficulty.
D. Snow White was Disney's most successful film.
12. Which of the following is the title for the passage?
A. Walt Disney and Animated Cartoons
B. Walt Disney and his Legacy.
C. The history of Disney World and Disneyland.
D. Walt Disney's Boyhood Years
13. According to the passage, which of the following is TRUE?
A. Disney's first concern was always profitability.
B. Mickey Mouse was Disney's only cartoons creation.
C. Snow White was the first full-length cartoon film.
D. Disney's first achieved success after his death.
14. In future years it is most likely that ________.
A. the Paris theme park will become successful
B. the remaining theme parks will also close
C. Disney will produce only cartoons.
D. the Disney name will stay well-known.
15. The word "concept" in bold in paragraph 3 is closest in meaning to _____.
16. The word "humble" in bold in paragraph 1 is closest in meaning to ______.
17. In paragraph 2 "barely making ends meet" in bold is closest in meaning to ______.
A. not making much money
B. meeting personal failure
C. trying new businesses
D. producing only a few cartoons
18. The word "renowned" in bold in paragraph 3 is closest in meaning to _____.
A. talked about
Mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the word whose underlined part differs from the other three in pronunciation in each of the following questions.
19. A. judge
20. A. encourage
Mark the letter A , B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the correct answer to each of the following questions.
21. The population of the word has been increasing faster and faster.
A. getting smaller in amount
B. raising uncontrollably
C. becoming greater in number
D. going limited
22. Linda hoped………..to the party, but she wasn't.
A. to be invited
C. to invite
D. being invited
23. He was badly………….in the war and still bears the scars.
24. ……….. the farmwork, the farmers returned home.
B. Having finished
C. Being finished
25. ………… umbrella should not be used during ………… thunderstorm.
A. No article/ a
C. A/ a
D. An/ a
26. In tonight's quiz, our contestants have come from all over the country.
27. A person who decided who has won a competition is called a ................
28. We encouraged students to…….….fully in the running of the college.
29. The English competition was …………..by the students' parents society.
30. Everyone congratulated Jim ………..winning the tournament.
Mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the word that differs from the other three in the position of primary stress in each of the foflowing questions.
31. A. performance
32. A. limit
PHẦN TRẢ LỜI TRẮC NGHIỆM
PHẦN TỰ LUẬN
Give the correct form of the following verbs/ words.
33. The General Knowledge Quiz is an opportunity to test my general (know) ______________.
34. The first inhabitants of the area relied on the land for their (live) _____________.
35. He hates queuing; he is such a kind of _____________ person. patience
36. Thomas _____________broke the expensive vase. (accident)
37. She coomplained to the company about its awful service and they sent her a written___________. (apologize).
38. The thief admitted (steal) _____________ Mrs. Brown’s car.
39 .Last summer I (study) _____________English in Can Tho City.
40. At this time yesterday we (play) _____________ tennis in the schoolyard.
41 + 42. Yesterday they (go) _____________ home after they (finish) _____________ their work.
Rewrite sentences without changing their meaning.
43. “Congratulations! You’ve won the scholarship” he said to me.
He congratulated _____________________________________.
44. She dislikes people asking her about her marriage.
She dislikes ________________________________________.
45. “It is not true. I did not taking your beg, Mrs Smith”
46. “I’ve always wanted to be a pilot”. Paul said to you.
=> Paul has always dreamed _____________________________________
47. “Would you like to come with me?” John said to Mary.
John invited _____________________________________
48. “Don’t forget to water the roses,” my aunt said to Alfred.
My aunt reminded _____________________________________
49. After Jimmy had cleaned the floor, she went to the cinema with her friends. (cleaned)
50. Marie always pays her bills regularly. She's careful that way.
It is ________________________________________________
Để hỗ trợ các bạn có kì thi học kì 1 lớp 11 trọn vẹn, VnDoc.com không chỉ sưu tầm và đăng tải các học liệu môn tiếng Anh mà còn có học liệu của các môn Toán, Ngữ văn, Vật lý, Hóa học, Sinh học...thông qua Đề thi học kì 1, đề cương hay bài tập được tổng hợp từ các trường THPT và các thầy cô uy tín trên cả nước. Chúc các bạn học tập hiệu quả!