Đề kiểm tra chất lượng học kỳ 1 môn tiếng Anh lớp 12 trường THPT Phan Chu Trinh năm học 2013 - 2014
Đề kiểm tra chất lượng học kỳ 1 môn tiếng Anh lớp 12 có đáp án
Đề kiểm tra chất lượng học kỳ 1 môn tiếng Anh lớp 12 trường THPT Phan Chu Trinh năm học 2013 - 2014 là tài liệu cực kỳ hữu ích dành cho các em học sinh ôn tập và củng cố kiến thức vững vàng cho kỳ thi học kỳ. Sau đây mời các em làm bài và tham khảo đáp án ở cuối bài.
I. Choose the word whose underlined part is pronounced differently from that of the rest.
1. A. laughs B. looks C. lends D. digests
2. A. care B. nightmare C. share D. are
3. A. gather B. ethnic C. there D. Although
II. Choose the word that has the stress differently from that of the rest.
4. A. enough B. person C. people D. picture
5. A. category B. awareness C. household D. conical
III. Choose the best answer.
6. The acronym of WHO stands for...........................
A. World Healthy Organization B. World Health Organization
C. World Health Organizing D. World Healthful Organization
7. Johnny used to be one of the most ..................... athletes in my country.
A. succeed B. success C. successful D. successfully
8. If you take a good book on your hand, you will find it hard.............................
A. to pick it up B. to put it down C. to read it D. to enjoy it
9. What are the ....................between women in old times and women in modern times?
A. differs B. different C. difference D. differences
10. Hoa: " ................................" - Lan: "Thanks, I will write to you when I come to London"
A. God bless you! B. Better luck next time! C. Have a nice trip! D. Have a go!
11.You can tell Tom what I said but he .....................keep it secret.
A. need B. needn't C. must D. mustn't
12. We go out as soon as it................. raining.
A. stops B. is stopping C. will stop D. will have stopped
13. I have been looking.................this book for months, and at last, I have found it.
A. over B. up C. for D. at
14....................you study for these exams, ........................you will do.
A. The harder/the better B. The more/the much
C. The hardest/the best D. The more hard/the more good
15. It gets ....................to understand what the professor has explained.
A. the more difficult B. more difficult than
C. difficult more and more D. more and more difficult
16. David: " What should I tell the mechanic?" - John: "The oil needs........................"
A. to be changed B. to change C. change D. changing it
17. Hurry....................! The bus is coming.
A. in B. up C. on D. with
18. He was cleaning his gun when it suddenly........................
A. went off B. went on C. went out D. put on
19. He hasn't sent us any emails.......................he flew to America.
A. when B. after C. before D. since
20. Katy: " Should we use solar energy to protect the environment?"
A. No, thanks B. You don't think so, do you?
C. Yes, I'll go D. That's a good idea.
21. He is a great sports _______. He rarely misses any sport games although he was busy.
A. enthusiast B. player C. enthusiasm D. programmer
IV. Choose the underlined part among A, B, C or D that needs correcting.
22. Anna is so a good student that all classmates and teachers also like her.
A B C D
23. The more he reads, the lesser he understands.
A B C D
24. Helen likes to listen to music, to go to the cinema, to chat on the phone and going shopping.
A B C D
25. After Nam will finish his degree, he intends to work in his father's company
A B C D
26. Found in the 12th century, Oxford University ranks among the world's oldest universities.
A B C D
V. Choose the correct sentence among A, B, C or D which has the same meaning as the given.
27. I haven't stayed in a hotel for years.
A. It's years since I stay in a hotel.
B. It's years since I stayed in a hotel.
C. I haven't stayed in a hotel years ago.
D. It's years when I stayed in a hotel.
28. The rain began to fall during my walk in the country.
A. While I walked in the country, it had rained.
B. While it was beginning to rain, I had walked in the country.
C. While I was walking in the country, it began to rain.
D. While it began to rain in the country, I was walking.
29. No one can answer the question properly.
A. The question can be answered properly.
B. The question properly can be answered.
C. The question cannot be answered properly.
D. The question properly can't be answered.
30. He only feels happy whenever he has much work to do.
A. The more he works, the happier he feels.
B. The less he works, the happier he feels:
C. His work makes him feel happy.
D. He feels happier and happier with his work.
VI. Choose the word or phrase that best fits the blank space in the following passage.
CARE (Cooperative for American Relief Everywhere) was (31) __ in 1945 to help people after World War II. It distributed over one hundred millions food packages. Meanwhile, it started self-help programs. Today, it has development programs in thirty-seven countries. CARE gives equipment and teaches people how to build water systems, roads, schools, houses and (32) _____ centers. It also teaches people how to increase (33) _______ on their farms, how to reforest areas, and how to start small village industries.
Doctor and nurses volunteer to go remote villages. They provide health care for the villagers. They also teach them how to (34) _______ their health. They train people to provide simple medical care. CARE also provides food for about thirty million people each year and (35) _______ of them are children. It gives special help when there is a flood, an earthquake, a drought or a war.
31. A. made B. organized C. deleted D. undergone
32. A. health B. healthy C. healthful D. healthiness
33. A. contribution B. goods C. consumption D. production
34. A. solve B. improve C. establish D. conserve
35. A. almost B. either C. most D. altogether
VII. Read the passage and choose the best answers.
The Asian Games takes place every four years. The spirit of the Asian Games has been built up over a long period of time, spreading the messages of unity, warmth, and friendship through competitive sport. It helps to establish the relationships among individual athletes, coaches, trainers, officials, volunteers and spectators who come together from many different backgrounds and cultures.
Just 11 countries and regions with 489 athletes participated in the 1st Asian Games in New Delhi in 1951, with only six sports. The 15th Asian Games took place from December 1st through December 15th, 2006, in Doha, the capital of Qatar. More than 10,000 athletes, who represented 45 countries and regions, took part in 39 sports and 424 events of the games. Some new events such as chess and triathlon were also included in the Games.
The world records came in shooting and weightlifting with the Asian bests in archery, athletics, track cycling, shooting, swimming and weightlifting. However, it wasn't all about the winning of medals, taking part for some was just as much of an achievement for them. The Games have been about more than just the athletes as 16,000 volunteers from 100 countries around the world have worked 100,000 shifts to ensure the 750,000 spectators had an experience of a lifetime. The 15th Asian Games Doha 2006 truly has been the Games of Your Life for all.
36. What messages do the Asian Games spread?
A. unity and warmth
B. unity and friendship
C. warmth and friendship
D. unity, warmth and friendship
37. How many countries took part in the first Asian Games?
A. more than ten countries
B. half a dozen countries
C. less than ten countries
D. less than half a dozen countries
38. When did the first Asian Games take place?
A. in 1915
B. in 1951
C. in 1950
D. in 1955
39. When and where were the 15th Asian Games held?
A. in 2006, China
B. in 1851, Qatar
C. in 2006, Qatar
D. in 1951, India
40. How many games and events were organized at the 15th Asian Games?
A. 463 sports and events
B. 424 sports and events
C. 346 sports and events
D. 634 sports and events
ĐÁP ÁN ĐỀ KIỂM TRA CHẤT LƯỢNG HỌC KỲ 1 MÔN TIẾNG ANH 12
1. C 2. D 3. B 4. A 5. B
6. B 7. C 8. B 9. D 10. C
11. C 12. A 13. C 14. A 15. D
16. A 17. B 18. A 19. D 20. D
21. A 22. A 23. C 24. D 25. A
26. A 27. B 28. C 29. C 30. A
31. B 32. A 33. D 34. B 35. C
36. D 37. A 38. B 39. C 40. A