Đề kiểm tra giữa học kì 2 môn Tiếng Anh lớp 11 THPT Lý Thái Tổ, Bắc Ninh năm học 2017 - 2018 có đáp án
Đề thi giữa học kì 2 môn Tiếng Anh lớp 11
VnDoc.com chia sẻ miễn phí Đề kiểm tra giữa học kì 2 môn Tiếng Anh lớp 11 THPT Lý Thái Tổ, Bắc Ninh năm học 2017 - 2018 có đáp án. Chúng tôi đã biên tập cẩn thận cho các em học sinh, để các em có thể dùng làm tư liệu tham khảo, rèn luyện kỹ năng giải đề thi học kỳ 2. Hi vọng đây sẽ là tài liệu tham khảo hữu ích cho các em.
SỞ GIÁO DỤC & ĐÀO TẠO BẮC NINH
TRƯỜNG THPT LÝ THÁI TỔ
KIỂM TRA CHẤT LƯỢNG GIỮA KỲ II
MÔN: TIẾNG ANH - Khối 11.
Thời gian làm bài: 50 phút
Ngày thi: 30 tháng 3 năm 2018.
Mã đề thi: 209
Điểm: Giáo viên chấm:
I. Choose the word whose underlined part is pronounced differently from that of the others.
1. A. exactly B. exist C. exhaust D. extinct
2. A. swallow B. sword C. swing D. swim
3. A. shrill B. shrimp C. shrine D. shrink
II. Choose the word whose main stress pattern is not the same as that of the others.
4. A. technology B. competitive C. facsimile D. document
5. A. nuclear B. balloon C. machine D. create
III. Choose the word or phrase (A, B, C or D) that best fits the blank space in each sentence or substitutes for the underlined word or phrase.
6. When someone _______ you a present, it is a custom togive them in return.
A. give B. gives C. will give D. has given
7. People believed that what they do on the first day of the year will _______ their luck during the whole year.
A. control B. influence C. exchange D. result
8. Prices are going _____ in a worry way.
A. up B. over C. away D. off
9. Last year we spent our holidays in Scotland,………….is in the north of Great Britain.
A. who B. in which C. where D. which
10. _____ of all the staff, I would like to wish you a happy retirement.
A. On behalf B. In place C. Instead D. On account
11. All fossil fuels are ______ resources that cannot be replaced after use.
A. unlimited B. renewable C. available D. non-renewable
12. Ellen Swallow Richards became the first woman _____, graduate from, and teach at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology.
A. to enter B. enter C. entered D. who enter
13. The health of our children is being ______ by exhaust fumes.
A. danger B. endanger C. dangerous D. endangered
14. Oil spills are having a devastatingeffect on coral reefs in the ocean.
A. powerful B. significant C. disastrous D. detectable
15. The nurse __________blood from patients wears gloves.
A. taking B. to take C. taken D. took
16. My collection includes stamps from a ___________of countries all over the world.
A. various B. variety C. variation D. variously
17. We offer a very _____ rate for parcels of under 15 kg.
A. competing B. competent C. competitive D. competition
18. The gases _________into the environment are very harmful to our health.
A. releasing B. released C. which releasing D. which released
19. I found the test ________easy.
A. relative B. relatively C. relation D. relationally
20. The last person __________is knowledgeable.
A. to interview B. interviewing C. to interviewing D. to be interviewed
IV. Choose the underlined word or phrase (A, B, C or D) that needs correcting.
21. The children are decorating (A) the Christmas tree by (B) colored lights (C) and other (D) beautiful ornaments.
22. If (A) I were (B) you, I’ll (C) go to the police.(D)
23. My close friend, that (A) I’ve (B) lost touch with for (C) 3 years, has just returned (D) from India.
24. If Robert Kenedy would have lived (A) a little longer,(B) he probably (C) would have won (D) the election.
25. The world (A) population is expected (B) to increase (C) dramatical (D) in the next decade.
V. Read the passage carefully, then choose the correct answers.
David Robert Joseph Beckham was born in Leytonstone, London on May 2nd 1975. Keen on football from very early on, David won the Bobby Charlton Soccer Skills Award when he was 11. Five years later, at the age of 16, he signed on as a trainee at Manchester United Football Club. The following year, he made his first appearance as a substitute but it was another three years before he started playing full-time in the Premier League.
He established himself as a quality player in the 1995/96 season and, in his midfield right position, the number 7 helped his team to win the FA Cup semi-final against Chelsea.
In 1996 he started playing for the English senior team and the year ended with him being voted Young Player of the Year.
It was no surprise that Beckham was picked up to play in the 1998 World Cup in France. A year later he was voted the second best player in the world after Rivaldo, the outstanding Barcelona and Brazil player.
In 2001, he was made captain of the English team, a responsibility which brought out him the best in him. During the match, he led by example and showed that he could play with all his heart.
26. When he was 11, he………………
A. won a famous award for the best player. B. won the Bobby Charlton Soccer Skills Award.
C. played for the English senior team. D. was made captain of the English team
27. When did he sign as a trainee for Manchester United Football Club?
A. When he was 11 B. in the 1980 C. In 1986 D. in 1991
28. What position did he play in?
A. forward B. goal – keeper C. right midfield D. left midfield
29. Who became the best player in 1999?
A. Beckham B. Rivaldo C. Bobby Charlton D. Chelsea
30. When did Beckham become the captain of England team?
A. in 1999 B. in 1996 C. in 1998 D. in 2001
VI. Choose the word or phrase - A, B, C or D–that best fits the blank space in the following passage.
Extinction is the disappearance, brought about by natural or unnatural means, of (31)……… entire species.
Some species of plants and animals die (32)…………. naturally because newer species are (33)………… successful at competing for food and living space. Others have become extinct because of changes in the planet or because of natural disasters. Dinosaurs, for example, may (34)…… died out because the climate became cooler- maybe because an asteroid collided with the earth and caused a big cloud of dust that blocked out the (35)……….
31. A. the B. an C. a D. X
32. A. out B. of C. off D. with
33. A. most B. much C. more D. little
34. A. has B. have C. having D. had
35. A. wind B. moon C. cloud D. sun
VII. Choose the answer - A, B, C or D -that is nearest in meaning to the printed before it.
36. Julia didn’t listen to what her doctor told her.
A. What the doctor told Julia was not worth listening to.
B. Julia couldn’t hear what the doctor told her.
C. The doctor told Julia to listen to what he said, but she didn’t do so.
D. Julia took no notice of what her doctor told her.
37. John Smith is a farmer. I bought his land.
A. John Smith, whose land I bought, is a farmer.
B. John Smith, who is a farmer, whose land I bought.
C. John Smith, whom I bought his land, is a farmer.
D. John Smith, a farmer, bought his land.
38. No sooner had she put the telephone down than her boss rang back.
A. As soon as her boss rang back, she put down the telephone.
B. Scarely had she put the telephone down when her boss rang back.
C. Hardly she had hung up, she rang her boss immediately.
D. She had hardly put the telephone down without her boss rang back.
39. 'Why didn't you join your friends on the trip?' she asked.
A. She wanted to know why I hadn't joined my friends on the trip.
B. She asked me why I didn't join her friends on the trip.
C. She warned that I join my friends on the trip.
D. She asked me why didn't I join my friends on the trip.
40. Unlike her friends, Jane prefers an independent life.
A. Jane doesn't like her friends because she prefers an independent life.
B. Her friends live an independent life and Jane doesn't like it.
C. Jane prefers an independent life but her friends do not.
D. Jane doesn't like her friends to live a dependent life.
Đáp án Đề kiểm tra giữa học kì 2 môn tiếng Anh lớp 11
|6. B||11.D||16.B||21.B||26. B||31. B||36. D|
|7. B||12.A||17.C||22. C||27. D||32. A||37. A|
|8. A||13.D||18.B||23. A||28. C||33. C||38. B|
|9. D||14.C||19.B||24. A||28. B||34. B||39. A|
|10. A|| |
|20.D||25. D||30. D||35. D||40. C|
Đề thi học kì 2 lớp 11 các môn Toán, Văn, Tiếng Anh và các môn khác được VnDoc.com cập nhật liên tục. Để học tốt và đạt kết quả cao trong kì thi học kì 2, mời các bạn tham khảo chuyên mục Đề thi học kì 2 lớp 11 của VnDoc.com