Đề ôn thi vào lớp 10 môn tiếng Anh năm 2019 (4)
Đề thi vào lớp 10 môn Tiếng Anh
VnDoc. com trân trọng gửi tới các bạn Đề ôn thi vào lớp 10 môn tiếng Anh năm 2019 (4). Hãy thử sức với đề thi này để tích lũy thêm kiến thức và kinh nghiệm làm bài. Chúng tôi hi vọng, bộ đề thi này sẽ hữu ích cho kì ôn tập của bạn. Chúc các bạn thành công!
I. Complete each sentence with one of the adjectives below. Use the comparative and superlative forms.
fierce good difficult heavy fast
1. I think the food in Europe is _________ than the food in the USA, but I think Asian countries have ___________ food in the world!
2. German is _________ than French, but I think Chinese is ___________ language to learn.
3. Lions are_________ than tigers, but I think rhinos are___________ animals of all. They’re really scary!
4. Vans are _________ than cars, but trucks can weigh 25 tonnes, so they are ____________ kind of transport on the road!
5. Jane is_________ than Alison, but Kelly runs 10 km in 45 minutes: she's_________ student in school.
II. Write superlative sentences or questions using the prompts.
1. Wang's/ bad/ Chinese restaurant/ in town. _______________________________
2. Buses in that country/ dangerous/ in the world. _______________________________
3. The service in this bar/ good/ in the city! _______________________________
4. The Mini/ popular car/ for young people. _______________________________
5. Ana/ quiet person/ I know. _______________________________
6. What/ expensive hotel/ in the city? _______________________________
7. Which/ strange fish/ in the ocean? _______________________________
8. What/ exciting video/ in the competition? _______________________________
9. What/ difficult sport/ to play? _______________________________
10. Which/ dirty city/ in the country? _______________________________
III. Complete the sentences with the words below.
eagles ocean bats flies jungle valley bears
1. Whales swim for thousands of miles across the _________ every year.
2. The view down into the _________ between the mountains was amazing.
3. In winter, ________ sometimes fly down from the mountains to eat dead animals.
4. ________ sleep in caves for several months in winter.
5. Small spiders are fine, but I'm scared of the big ones you can see in the __________.
6. In the evening, we often see ______ flying in the sky hunting insects.
7. In summer, I don't like it when there are a lot of _________ near my food.
IV. Complete the sentences. Write the words in brackets correctly.
ancient beak die out exist fossil hunt reptile
1. Some people believe that dinosaurs still ________ in a few places in the world.
2. The ___________ section of the zoo is closed today.
3. The most dangerous part of a large bird is its _______.
4. My two uncles _______ rabbits as a sport at the weekends.
5. I think the __________ room is probably the most boring part of the museum!
6. People say that about a thousand creatures will __________ this century.
7. In _________ Egypt, cats were very important animals.
V. Put the dialogue in order. Write 1–6 next to each line.
A: Yes, I'd rather do that! Have you got anything interesting? _____
B: How about watching a DVD instead then? _____
C: Shall we go to a concert this weekend? _____
D: Yes! I've got the latest James Bond film! _____
E: I don't think that's a great idea. I don't have any money! _____
F: Great! Let's switch on the TV then! _____
USE OF ENGLISH
VI. Complete the sentences with the words below. There is one word that you do not need.
attack bite dangerous disease famous
faster furthest habitat kick longer tallest
1. Rivers along the north coast of Australia are the _________ of the fierce saltwater crocodile, so these places are one of the most _________ places to go swimming!
2. In the sea, whales usually swim _________ distances than turtles. But the loggerhead turtle swims the _________ in a year – it can travel about 15,000 kilometres.
3. Angel Falls in South America is the _________ waterfall in the world, but Niagara Falls in North America is probably more _________ – thousands of people visit it every year.
4. Many countries in Asia have mosquitos that often carry _________, so you might become sick if they _________ you.
5. Horses don’t usually _________ humans, but you should never stand behind them, because they might _________ you, which can be very painful!
VII. Listen to five people talking about their outdoor activities. Match each speaker (A–E) with the correct number (1–7). There are two activities that you do not need.
1. enjoys sailing
2. doesn't do much sport
3. likes mountain biking
4. thinks skiing is too dangerous
5. doesn't go swimming any more
6. loves horse riding
7. lives far from a lake
VIII. Read the text.
Mount Teide is the highest mountain in Spain, but it's not on the Spanish mainland. It's a volcano on Tenerife, in the Canary Islands, in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean. It's 3,718 metres high and has amazing views of the other six islands in the area. If you're interested in climbing the mountain, you need to know a number of things before you go.
First, the best time of year to climb it is between the months of May and October, because there's a lot of snow and ice for the rest of the year, which can be dangerous.
Second, if you want to go to the very top, you need a special piece of paper from the national park office, because it's a protected area. This paper is free, but you won't be allowed to climb without it, so don't forget!
Third, be careful with the weather. Remember that on high mountains it's nearly always much colder at the top than at the bottom, even in the middle of summer. So take a sweater with you!
The climb takes about four hours. But if you get very tired and don't want to walk all the way back down, you can get on the cable car. You buy a ticket near the mountain café and in eight minutes you're back at the car park.
Are the sentences true (T) or false (F)?
1. Mount Teide in on an island in the Atlantic Ocean. ___
2. It's better to climb Mount Teide in summer. ___
3. You are not allowed to climb all the way to the top. ___
4. You need warm clothes, if you climb in summer. ___
5. There is free transport, if you don't want to climb all the way. ___
IX. Which wild animal in your country needs help? Write an advert for your school to raise money for this animal.
Describe the animal and where it lives.
Say how many live in the wild and if any live in zoos.
Explain the problems these animals have.
Ask for money to help protect them.
Trên đây, VnDoc.com đã gửi đến các bạn Đề ôn thi vào môn tiếng Anh lớp 10 cho các bạn luyện tập. Các bạn hãy tải về và thử sức để có kì thi đạt kết quả tốt nhất nhé. Ngoài ra, chúng tôi cũng xin gửi đến các bạn ôn tập từng mảng kiến thức cụ thể như chuyên đề Các thì, word form...rất hữu ích cho các bạn ôn tập. Chúc các bạn có kì thi hiệu quả!