Đề ôn thi vào lớp 10 môn tiếng Anh năm 2020 - 2021 số 3
Đề tuyển sinh lớp 10 môn Anh văn có đáp án
Đề thi tiếng Anh vào lớp 10 năm 2020 có đáp án dưới đây nằm trong bộ đề thi tuyển sinh lớp 10 môn tiếng Anh mới nhất do VnDoc.com sưu tầm và đăng tải. Đề kiểm tra tiếng Anh vào lớp 10 được biên tập bám sát nội dung SGK tiếng Anh lớp 9 mới giúp các em học sinh lớp 9 nhắc lại kiến thức Từ vựng - Ngữ pháp tiếng Anh trọng tâm hiệu quả.
A. MULTIPLE CHOICE (8.0 points)
I. Mark the latter A, B, C or D to indicate the word whose underlined part differs from the other three in pronunciation in each of the following questions.
|1. A. achieved||B. advanced||C. required||D. replied|
|2. A. explanation||B. experience||C. existence||D. exciting|
II. Mark the letter A, B, C or D to indicate the word that differs from the other three in the position of primary stress in each of the following questions.
|3. A. imperial||B. simplicity||C. magnificence||D. stimulating|
|4. A. destination||B. derivative||C. affordable||D. ingredient|
III. Mark the letter A, B, C or D to indicate the correct answer to each of the following question.
5. Pressure _____________children to get into top schools has reached a crisis point.
6. Perhaps what you're reading or hearing is boring, which makes it hard to _____________ on the book or the conversation.
7. A great way to improve_____________ skills is to keep trying new things.
8. As children move toward_____________, they are less likely to ask for advice.
9. Taking good notes _____________ students to evaluate, organize and summarize information.
10. Susan needs someone to show her how to_____________ her anxiety and depression.
11. Mi asked what information she _____________that assignment.
A. needs to be done
B. needed doing
C. need to do
D. needed to do
12. My teacher told me that I ________ attend the match course for the higher level programme that I ________ for.
B. couldn’t –apply
D. couldn’t-had applied
13. My parents asked me to find out ________ it gave you so much trouble.
IV. Mark the letter A, B, C or D to indicate the underlined part that needs correct in each of the following questions.
14. Julie failed (A) her driving test (B) because (C) she hasn't practised (D) enough.
15. I don't mind (A) a little inconvenient (B) but (C) this is impossible (D).
16. The doctor called (A) this morning (B) while (C you slept (D).
V. Mark the letter A, B, C or D to indicate the correct response to each of the following exchanges
17. A. "I'm afraid I can't come to your house-warming party next Saturday.
A. That sounds fun.
B. Oh, what a pity I
C. That's ridiculous.
D. Oh, what a relief!
18. A: "Thank you very much for coming to our wedding!"
A. Our pleasure! Happy wedding!
B. Don't mention it. Go ahead!
C. Our pleasure! Good success!
D. Don't mention it. Just my luck!
VI. Mark the letter A, B, C or D to indicate the word(s) CLOSEST in meaning to the underlined word(s) in each of the following questions.
19. Nowadays, many women are aware of gender preferences in favour of boys.
20. With great effort, she passed the driving test at the first attempt.
A. succeeded in
VII. Mark the letter A, B, C or D to indicate the word(s) OPPOSITE in meaning to the underlined word(s) in each of the following questions.
21. Feel free to bring along your significant other to the party.
22. I look up to my father for my whole life.
A. depend on
VIII. Read the following passage and mark the letter A, B, C or D to indicate the correct word or phrase that best fits each of the numbered blanks.
BEFORE THE INTERVIEW
You should find out as much as possible about the job and the (23) ___________.Before the interview, you have to send a letter of application and your resumes to the company to express your interest in the job and (24) ___________that you may be the most suitable candidate for the position.
When you come to the interview, remember (25) ___________ with you your school certificates and letter of recommendation from your teachers or your previous employers. (26) ___________ you may jot down your qualifications and experience that can relate to the job and prepare for the questions that are often asked during the interview. Make sure you know where the interview is and (27) ___________ there. Be on time or a few minutes early. Don't forget to dress neatly and formally.
|23. A. vacancy||B. career||C. profession||D. place|
|24. A. showing||B. to show||C. shown||D. show|
|25. A. to bring||B. bringing||C. brought||D. bring|
|26. A. Although||B. In addition||C. However||D. And|
|27. A. how to get||B. how getting||C. way getting||D. to get|
IX. Read the following passage and mark the letter A, B, C or D to indicate the correct answer to each of the questions.
Orbis is an organisation which helps blind people of everywhere. It has built an eye hospital inside an aeroplane and flown in all over the world with an international medical team. Samantha Graham, a fourteen- year- old schoolgirl from England, went with the plane to Mongolia. Samantha tells the story of the Eukhtuul, a young Mongolian girl.
"Last year, when Eukhtuul was walking home school, she was attacked by boys I with sticks and her eyes were badly damaged. Dr. Duffey, an Orbis doctor, said that I without an operation she would never see again. I thought about all the things I do I that she couldn't, things like reading schoolbooks, watching television, seeing friends,! and I realised how lucky I am."
"The Orbis team agreed to operate on Eukhtuul and I was allowed to watch, together with some Mongolian medical student, I prayed the operation would be successful. The next day I waited nervously with Eukhtuul while Dr. Duffey removed her bandagers. "In six months your sight will be back to normal," he said. Eukhtuul smiled, her mother cried, and I had to wipe away some tears, too!"
"Now Eukhtuul wants to study hard to become a doctor. Her whole future has changed, thanks to a simple operation. We should all think more about how much our sight means to us."
28. What information can be learned from this passage?
A. the best way of studying medicine
B. the international work of some eye doctors
C. the difficulties for blind travelers
D. the life of schoolchildren in Mongolia
29. The word "she" in the passage refers to____________.
A. the writer
B. the nurse
D. the medical student
30. After meeting Eukhtuul, Samantha felt ____________.
A. angry about Eukhtuul's experience
B. grateful for her own sight
C. proud of the doctor's skill
D. surprised by Eukhtuul's ability
31. What the result of Eukhtuul's operation ?
A. After some time she will see an well as before
B. Before she recovers, she needs another operation
C. She can see better but can never have normal eyes
D. She can't see perfectly again
32. What is the writer's main purpose in writing this passage?
A. To describe a dangerous trip
B. To explain how sight can be lost
C. To report a patient's cure
D. To warn against playing with sticks
B. WRITING (2.0 points)
X. Rewrite the following sentences using the provided word and keep meaning as that of the root one.
33. When did you start the project?
→ How long _______________________________________________________
34. Their wedding will be held in a lovely church.
→ The church ___________________________________________________
35. My father used to play football when he was young.
→ My father doesn't _____________________________________________
36. Jane gave me a present on my last birthday.
→ I was ________________________________________________________
XI. Complete the second sentence so that it has a similar meaning to the first sentence, using the word in brackets.
37. How many people are there in our school? (there are)
38. This shirt is too dirty for me to wear, (so)
39. I don't find it difficult to get up early in the morning, (am used to)
40. Would you please give me a hand? (mind)
33. How long is it since you started the project?
34. The church where their wedding will be held is lovely.
35. My father doesn't play football anymore.
36. I was given a present on my last birthday by Jane.
37. We want to know how many people there are in our school.
38. This shirt is so dirty that I cannot wear it.
39. I am used to getting up early in the morning.
40. Would you mind giving me a hand?
Trên đây là Đề luyện thi tuyển sinh lớp 10 môn Anh. Mời bạn đọc tham khảo thêm nhiều tài liệu ôn thi vào lớp 10 năm 2019 các môn học khác như: ôn thi vào lớp 10 môn Toán, ôn thi vào lớp 10 môn Văn, ... được cập nhật liên tục trên VnDoc.com.