Đề thi giữa học kỳ 2 môn Tiếng Anh lớp 12 trường THPT Nguyễn Trung Trực năm học 2015 - 2016
Đề thi giữa học kỳ 2 môn Tiếng Anh lớp 12 năm 2016 có đáp án
Trong bài viết này, VnDoc xin giới thiệu Đề thi giữa học kỳ 2 môn Tiếng Anh lớp 12 trường THPT Nguyễn Trung Trực năm học 2015 - 2016 có kèm đáp án cụ thể. Sau đây mời các em cùng thử sức nhé!
TRƯỜNG THPT NGUYỄN TRUNG TRỰC
TỔ TIẾNG ANH
ĐỀ KIỂM TRA GIỮA HKII
NĂM HỌC 2015-2016
MÔN: TIẾNG ANH 12
Thời gian làm bài: 45 phút
SECTION A: (8.5 points)
Choose the word whose underlined part is pronounced differently from that of the others:
1. A. education B. financial C. organization D. estimate
2. A. agree B. committee C. deepen D. refugee
Choose the word which is stressed differently from the rest.
3. A. environment B. establish C. emergency D. organization
4. A. member B. promote C. nation D. culture
Choose the best option (A, B, C or D).
5. Vietnam has become __________ to foreign tourists.
A. most and most attractive B. much and more attractive
C. the more attractive D. more and more attractive
6. __________ their efforts, the Men's Football team couldn't reach the gold medal.
A. Though B. But for C. Despite D. In case
7. A plan has been proposed for Vietnam to host the Asia Sports Games at some point in the future.
A. any time B. in a moment C. sometime D. at the moment
8. Vietnamese athletes are trained both home and abroad.
A. overseas B. at school C. outside D. in sport centres
9. She is the __________daughter in the family.
A. older B. more old C. eldest D. oldest
10. _______ down to dinner _______ there came an explosion from the kitchen
A. No sooner had we sat / than B. No sooner we had sat / than
C. We had no sooner sat / when D. Hardly had we sat / than
11. I hate Mondays. They really __________.
A. get down me B. get me down C. get over me D. get me over
12. Half of the world's children are girls, __________ only 41% go to school.
A. but B. however C. consequence D. in contrast
13. My grandfather passed __________ when I was only six years old. He had lung cancer.
A. out B. over C. away D. off
14. A conference was held in Geneva in 1864, laying down the rules for the treatment and protection of the wounded and the disaster-stricken.
A. putting down B. cancelling C. establishing D. putting aside
15. The Red Cross is a __________ organization whose purpose is to help people in wartime and disasters.
A. commercial B. political C. military D. humanitarian
16. We lost this time, but we hope our other team will win. They are __________.
A. 7 feet over tall players B. tall players over 7 feet
C. 7 over foot tall players D. over 7 foot tall players
17. In most Asian countries women are undervalued and they never have the same ____ as men.
A. formality B. basis C. limit D. status
18. Mrs. Pike is a feminist, who ________ that women should be offered the same job opportunities as men.
A. varies B. advocates C. leads D. votes
19. Peter- "Look out!"
A. You look happy. B. I'm going out.
C. A snake is behind you! D. I'm looking out
20. John- "What does it mean when a tag question takes a falling tone, Jenny?"
A. Well, it's a surprise. B. Well, it's an exclamation.
C. I'm not sure. Maybe it is a real question. D. Well, it is not a real question.
21. Jason- "__________, women are usually more sympathetic than men."
Jerry - "That's right!"
A. According to me B. In my opinion
C. For my point of view D. As you see it
Mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to show the underlined part that needs correction in each of the following questions.
22. Although both of them are trying to get the scholarship, she has the highest grades.
A. Although B. are trying C. the D. the highest
23. After he had made sure no one was waiting for him in the hotel lobby, he had collected his key at the reception desk.
A. had made B. was waiting C. in D. had collected
24. Despite the quantity was small, we had enough supplies to finish the experiment.
A. Despite B. was C. enough supplies D. the
Read the passage and fill in each blank with a suitable word.
It can be shown in facts and figures that cycling is the cheapest, most convenient, and most environmentally desirable form of transport (25)______ towns, but such cold calculations do not mean much on a frosty winter morning. The real appeal of cycling is that it is so (26)______. It has none of the difficulties and tensions of other ways of travelling so you are more cheerful after a ride, even through the rush hour. The first thing a non-cyclist says to you is: "But isn't it (27)______ dangerous?" It would be foolish to deny the danger of sharing the road with motor vehicles and it must be admitted that there are an alarming (28)______ of accidents involving cyclists. However, although police records(29)______ that the car driver is often to blame, the answer lies with the cyclist. It is possible to ride in such a way as to reduce risks to a minimum.
25. A. to B. at C. in D. on
26. A. boring B. careful C. enjoyable D. excited
27. A. expectedly B. strangely C. comfortably D. terribly
28. A. number B. deal C. size D. digit
29. A. point B. exhibit C. indicate D. display
Read the following passage carefully and answer the questions below:
The United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF), a special program of the United Nations, is devoted to aiding national efforts to improve the health, nutrition, education, and general welfare of children. UNICEF was created in 1946 to provide relief to children in countries devastated by World War II. After 1950 the fund directed its efforts toward general programs for the improvement of children's welfare, particularly in less-developed countries and in various emergency situations.
The organization's broader mission was reflected in the name it adopted in 1953, the United Nations Children's Fund. UNICEF was awarded the Nobel Prize for Peace in 1965. It is headquartered in New York City. UNICEF has concentrated much of its effort in areas in which relatively small expenditures can have a significant impact on the lives of the most disadvantaged children such as the prevention and treatment of diseases. In keeping with this strategy, UNICEF supports immunization programs for childhood diseases and programs to prevent the spread of HIV/AIDS; it also provides funding for health services, educational facilities, and other welfare services. Since 1996 UNICEF programs have been guided by the Convention on the Rights of the Child (1989), which affirms the right of all children to "the enjoyment of the highest attainable standard of health and to facilities for the treatment of illness and rehabilitation of health". UNICEF's activities are financed by both government and private contributions.
30. What was the objective of UNICEF when it was created in 1946?
A. to win the Nobel Prize for Peace
B. to devote to the general welfare of children all over the world
C. to improve the health, nutrition, education of nations
D. to help children in countries devastated by World War II
31. When did UNICEF win the Nobel Prize for Peace?
A. In 1965 B. In 1950 C. In 1946 D. In 1953
32. The underlined word "It" in paragraph two refers to ______.
A. UNICEF B. the Nobel Peace Prize C. the United Nations D. New York
33. Which of the following is NOT true according to the passage?
A. The headquarters of UNICEF is in New York City.
B. UNICEF has guided the Convention on the Rights of the Child.
C. UNICEF stands for the United Nations Children's Fund.
D. UNICEF provides funding for health services and educational facilities.
34. UNICEF receives money from ______.
A. the United Nations organisations B. international corporations
C. governments and individuals D. national and international businesses
SECTION B: (1.5 points)
Rewrite the following sentences without changing their original meaning. Begin with the given words:
35. I can't cook as well as my mother can.
My mother ___________________________________________.
36. The boy does not resemble his brother in any way.
The boy ___________________________________________.(Use "take after" to rewrite the sentence)
37. Nothing is faster than the speed of light.
The speed of light ___________________________________________.
38. Tom is the best student in my class.
39. As I get older, I want to travel less.
The older ___________________________________________.
40. A new house is more expensive than an old one.
An old house ___________________________________________.
...............................The end .............................