Đề thi giữa kì 1 lớp 12 môn tiếng Anh năm 2019 - 2020
Đề thi môn tiếng Anh lớp 12 giữa học kì 1
Đề thi giữa kì 1 tiếng Anh 12 mới dưới đây nằm trong bộ đề thi giữa học kì 1 lớp 12 năm 2019 - 2020 do VnDoc.com sưu tầm và đăng tải. Đề kiểm tra tiếng Anh gồm nhiều dạng bài tập trắc nghiệm tiếng Anh 12 thường xuất hiện trong đề thi chính thức giúp các em học sinh lớp 12 làm quen với cấu trúc đề thi hiệu quả.
Mark the letter A, B, C, or D to indicate the word whose underlined part differs from the other three in pronunciation in each of the following questions.
1. A. swallow B. below C. slowly D. allow
2. A. endangered B. destroyed C. damaged D. provided
Choose the word which is stressed differently from the rest.
3. A. global B. derive C. provide D. depend
4. A. conservation B. disappearance C. contaminate D. generation
Mark the letter A, B, C or D to indicate the word(s) CLOSEST in meaning to the underlined word(s) in each of the following questions.
5. It is found that endangered species are often concentrated in areas that are poor and densely populated, such as much of Asia and Africa.
6. Environmentalists try to persuade the governments to see the need to preserve biological diversity.
Mark the letter A. B, C, or D to indicate the word(s) OPPOSITE in meaning to the underlined word(s) in each of the following questions.
7. Many people decided to give up eating meat and become vegetarians.
A. cut up
B. put up
D. use up
8. A new school has just been set up for the kids in the area.
Mark the letter A, B, C, or D to indicate the underlined part that needs correction in each of the following questions.
9. Without (A)the particularly (B) habitat, the species could (C) not survive (D).
10. Species become extinct or endangerment (A)for a number of reasons (B), but the primary (C) cause is the destruction (D) of habitat.
Choose the word or phrase among A, B, C or D that best fits the blank space in the following passage.
From the perspective of an individual human lifetime, such changes may be hard to detect and their effects (11)….. individual species may be hard to predict. But the lesson is clear enough. For example, although many countries have had plans to grow many tropical forests, they are highly susceptible to destruction because the soils in (12)…… they grow are poor in available nutrients. Centuries may be required to (13)………back a forest that was cut down or burnt out in the space of a few years. Many of the world's severely (14)…… animals and plants live in such forests, and it is certain that huge numbers of them will disappear if present rates of forest loss continue.
|11. A. to||B. over||C. on||D. from|
|12. A. where||B. whose||C. which||D. who|
|13. A. bring||B. come||C. go||D. turn|
|14. A. threat||B. threatened||C. threaten||D. threatening|
Mark the letter A. 8, C. or D to indicate the correct response to each of the following exchanges
15. Lan: How can we protect endangered species? Nam: ____
A. It is out of the question.
B. Both the governments and individuals need to help them.
C. Poachers don't care about endangered animals.
D. All endangered animals are extinct.
16. Nam: May I borrow your books on soft skills? Lan: ____
A. Sure. When do you need them?
B. Soft skills are important these days.
C. What do soft skills mean?
D. Who needs books on soft skills?
17. People use pesticides and fertilizers. They want to increase crop production.
A. People want to increase crop production, so they use pesticides and fertilizers.
B. Unless people want to increase crop production, they use pesticides and fertilizers.
C. People want to increase crop production because they use pesticides and fertilizers.
D. People want to increase crop production, for they use pesticides and fertilizers.
18. It wasn't obligatory to submit my assignment today.
A. My assignment must have been submitted today.
B. I needn't have submitted my assignment today
C. My assignment was required to submit by today.
D. I mustn't submit my assignment today.
19. Single-sex schools should be abolished by the government.
A. Single-sex schools should be controlled by the government.
B. Single-sex schools should be allowed to multiply by the government.
C. The government should promote single-sex schools.
D. The government should eradicate single-sex schools.
20. The government should create more job opportunities for women in rural areas.
A. Women in rural areas should create more jobs for the government.
B. More job opportunities should be created for the government by the women in rural areas.
C. More job opportunities should be created for women in rural areas by the government.
D. Rural areas should be created more job opportunities by women in the government.
21. Many people are not interested ________ reading books as much as seeing films.
22. ____ books are ones in which the story is told or illustrated with pictures.
23. Sometimes it is ________ to find suitable books for our children.
24. The train ________ by bad weather. I am not sure.
A. might delay
B. might be delaying
C. might have delayed
D. might have been delayed
25. We live in the same building ________ we have hardly seen each other
26. She ___ be ill. I have just seen her playing basket ball in the school yard.
27. Peter has been working for 10 hours. He _______ be very tired now.
C. has to
28. The room ________ once a day.
A. should clean
B. should be cleaning
C. should be cleaned
D. should have cleaned
29. Fruits ________ in a freezer.
A. should not put
B. should not be put
C. must put
D. must be putting
30. The fire ________ by lightning.
A. must cause
B. must be causing
C. must have caused
D. must have been caused
Read the following passage and mark the letter A, B, C, or D to indicate the correct answer to each of the questions.
It is often said that books are always a good friends and reading is an active mental process. Unlike TV, books make you use your brain. By reading, you think more and become smarter. Reading improves concentration and focus. Reading books takes brain power. It requires you to focus on what you are reading for long periods. Unlike magazines, Internet posts or e-Mails that might contain small pieces of information. Books tell the whole story". Since you must concentrate in order to read, you will get better at concentration. Many studies show if you do not use your memory; you lose it. Reading helps you stretch your memory muscles. Reading requires remembering details, facts and figures and in literature, plot lines, themes and characters.
Reading is a good way to improve your vocabulary. Do you remember that when you were at elementary school you learned how to infer the meaning of one word by reading the context of the other words in the sentence? While reading books, especially challenging ones, you will find yourself exposed to many new words.
Reading is a fundamental skill builder. Every good course has a matching book to go with it. Why? Because books help clarify difficult subjects. Books provide information that goes deeper than just classroom discussions By reading more books you become better informed and more of an expert on the topics you read about. This expertise translates into higher self-esteem. Since you are so well-read, people look to you for answers. Your feelings about yourself can only get better.
Books give you knowledge of other cultures and places. The more information you have got, the richer your knowledge is. Books can expand your horizons by letting you see what other cities and countries have to offer before you visit them.
31. Books have great influence on ________.
32. When you are reading a book, ________.
A. you have to read small pieces of information
B. you use your brain in concentration and focus
C. you have to read during a very long time
D. you lose your memory
33. A challenging book ________.
A. helps you to improve your vocabulary
B. is only for primary pupils
C. can translate all new words
D. contains a lot of difficult vocabulary
34. Books ________.
A. are compulsory in every course
B. are not needed in most of course
C. contain less information than class discussions
D. make a sick patient feel better
LISTEN and circle the correct answer
35. Simon Anderson wants to register to use……
A. the gym
B. the library
C. the club
D. the playground
36. His ID number is…..
A. AND 105763
B. AND 105736
C. AND 105769
D. AND 105767
37. He is studying……
LISTEN and decide which of the following statements is true (T) or false (F)
38. Simon is living in university halls of residence
39. He lives in Flat 3, 24 Lavender Gardens, London.
40. He ever had a tour of the library facilities
Hiện tại VnDoc.com chưa cập nhật được đáp án của Đề kiểm tra giữa kì 1 lớp 12 môn tiếng Anh. Mời bạn đọc tham khảo thêm nhiều tài liệu ôn tập Tiếng Anh 12 khác như: Để học tốt Tiếng Anh lớp 12, Bài tập Tiếng Anh lớp 12 theo từng Unit trực tuyến, Đề thi học kì 1 lớp 12, Đề thi học kì 2 lớp 12,... được cập nhật liên tục trên VnDoc.com.