VnDoc.com xin giới thiệu đến các bạn Đề thi học kì 1 lớp 11 môn tiếng Anh trường THPT Nguyễn Đình Chiểu, Bến Tre năm học 2017-2018 được sưu tầm và đăng tải nhằm giúp các bạn có nguồn tài liệu hữu ích để thử sức và tập dượt, đánh giá năng lực cá nhân cũng như chuẩn bị các kĩ năng cần thiết cho kì thi học kì 1 sắp tới đây. Mời các bạn vào tham khảo.
Sở Giáo Dục Đào Tạo Bến Tre
Trường THPT Nguyễn Đình Chiểu
HỌ TÊN: ____ LỚP: _____
SỐ BÁO DANH: ____________ PHÒNG: _____
ĐỀ THI HỌC KÌ I
NĂM HỌC 2017 – 2018
MÔN: TIẾNG ANH CƠ BẢN 11
THỜI GIAN: 45 PHÚT
MÃ ĐỀ: 145
I. Reading (2 points)
Choose the best answer to complete the following passage. (1 point)
Voluntary work is work that you do not get (1) ________ for and usually involves doing things to help other people, especially the elderly or the sick, or working on behalf (2) __________ a charity or similar organizations. Most charitable organizations rely (3) ________ unpaid volunteers, and thousands of Americans and British people spend many hours of their time to doing some form of social work or organizing fund-raising events to support the work. Volunteering is especially popular in the US and the reasons (4) _________ this may be found in basic American values such as the idea that work improves the person who does it and the belief that people can change their condition if they try (5) ________.
1. A. pay B. paying C. paid D. pays
2. A. to B. of C. at D. in
3. A. on B. of C. in D. at
4. A. about B. to C. for D. why
5. A. too hard B. too enough C. enough hard D. hard enough
Read the following passage and choose the best answer (1 point)
We had the marathon today. A dozen of us sped off. People stood on the streets, cheering us on. It was like we were in the Olympics. Peter was ahead of me. So was Owen. Then I shot off. I was racing ahead. My legs were going faster than the rest of me. I sped off onto the main road and kept running past other runners until there was only Peter left in front of me. On and on, I ran. My legs and lungs were hurting but I couldn't stop. Just outside the town, I ran past Peter. A minute later, I was declared the winner of the marathon. Everyone cheered and clapped. It was hot. I was perspiring. I could hardly breathe but it didn't matter. I felt like a hero.
6. He was declared __________________
A. the hero of the marathon B. the winner of the marathon
C. the strongest of the marathon D. the healthy man of the marathon
7. How many students took part in the marathon?
A. There were many students B. There were a few
C. There were ten D. There were twelve
8. After a long distance of running, he felt __________________
A. very strong B. very tired C. very excited D. happy
9. He ran past over Peter ______________
A. after some minutes B. outside of the town
C. inside the town D. after a minute
10. At first the writer ran _________________
A. Very fast B. very slowly
C. As quickly as his friend, Peter D. more slowly than his friends, Peter and Owen
Choose the best answer. (2 points)
11. A. expert B. control C. limit D. injury
12. A. expectedly B. petroleum C. available D. population
13. A. competition B. completion C. question D. information
14. A. who B. when C. what D. why
15. The Prime Minister flew to the city and stimulated the spirit of the competitors.
A. helped B. experienced C. supported D. encouraged
16. The new students hope __________ in many of the school's social activities.
A. to be included B. to include C. including D. being included
17. ''Would you mind moving your bag from the seat?'' – ''____________''
A. No, I wouldn't. B. Yes, I'm glad to. C. Oh, sorry. D. That's a nice idea.
18. ''Shall I bring you a cup of coffee?'' Jane said to me
Jane ________to bring me a cup of coffee.
A. asked B. promised C. ordered D. offered
19. Rita asked me why didn't I ask for my money back if I was unhappy. A B C D
20. My parents offered giving me a motorbike after I had passed. A B C D
21. "I must help you with the washing-up, Sarah?", Paul said
A. Paul suggested to help Sarah with the washing-up.
B. Paul insisted on helping Sarah with the washing-up.
C. Paul apologized for helping Sarah with the washing-up.
D. Paul asked Sarah to help him with the washing-up.
22.________ the story before, she didn't want to hear it again
A. to hear B. to have heard C. hearing D. having heard
23. The teacher divided the class into three groups____ ten.
A. with B. in C. of D. for
24. " Hand over the money!" said the robber. The robber ____the clerk to hand over the money.
A. ordered B. advised C. ordered D. threatened
25. "I hope the weather will be fine during our holidays!"
A. Never mind. B. Oh, what a pity! C. Yes, go ahead. D. So do I.
26. Landslides have cut off many villages in remote areas.
A. suburb B. far away C. central D. natural
27. If Mr Davis hadn't been late every day, he wouldn't have lost his job.
A. Mr Davis lost his job because he was late every day.
B. Mr Davis is late every day, so he loses his job.
C. Mr Davis wasn't early enough to lose his job.
D. The reason what Mr Davis loses his job was that he is late every day.
28. Don't spend any more money ____ it is really necessary.
A. in case B. if C. unless D. whenever
29._______ the women who have many children, the majority are poor and illiterate.
A. Between B. In C. from D. among
30. ______ most important thing when you tale part in any examination is to be calm.
A. A B. An C. The D. O
III. Writing (2 points)
Rewrite the following sentences.
31. Because I was walking quickly, I soon caught up with her. (using participle)
-> Walking quickly, I soon caught up with her.
32. I asked Jane, "What would you do if you were the Miss World.'' (reported speech)
-> I asked Jane what she would do if she were the Miss World.
33. The ceremony was delayed for ten minutes because the President came late.
-> If the President hadn’t come late, the ceremony wouldn’t have been delayed.
34. ''You got your master's degree. Congratulations!'' David said to Daisy. (reported speech)
-> David congratulated Daisy on getting her master’s degree.
35. We are bitten very often because we don't sleep under mosquito net. (reported speech)
-> If we slept under mosquito net, we wouldn’t be bitten very often.
36. ''Would you like to have lunch with me on Sunday?" he said to me. (reported speech)
-> He invited me to have lunch with him on Sunday.
Use the correct form of the words in brackets
37. One of the most important problems for many governments is how to control the population growth. (GROW).
38. It won't take long to finish this work if we know to do it scientifically. (SCIENCE)
39. This charitable organization relies almost on voluntary contributions. (VOLUNTEER)
40. We are decorating the kitchen again this summer. (DECORATE)
Để hỗ trợ các bạn có kì thi học kì 1 lớp 11 trọn vẹn, VnDoc.com không chỉ sưu tầm và đăng tải các học liệu môn tiếng Anh mà còn có học liệu của các môn Toán, Ngữ văn, Vật lý, Hóa học, Sinh học...thông qua Đề thi học kì 1, đề cương hay bài tập được tổng hợp từ các trường THPT và các thầy cô uy tín trên cả nước. Chúc các bạn học tập hiệu quả!