Đề thi học kì 2 môn Tiếng Anh lớp 12 năm học 2016 - 2017
Đề kiểm tra học kỳ 2 môn Tiếng Anh 12
VnDoc.com xin chia sẻ đến các bạn bộ sưu tập Đề thi học kỳ 2 môn Tiếng Anh lớp 12 năm 2017. Các bạn có thể tải miễn phí đề thi này để làm tư liệu ôn tập thật hiệu quả. Hi vọng, thông qua giải Đề kiểm tra cuối năm môn Anh 12 năm 2017 này, các bạn sẽ nâng cao được kĩ năng giải đề, ôn tập hiệu quả phần kiến thức đã học của mình và tìm hiểu thêm được nhiều kiến thức mới.
A. MULTIPLE CHOICE: (8ms)
Choose the word that has the underlined part pronounced differently.
1. A. danger B. plane C. break D. pleasant
2. A. home B. movement C. opponent D. goal
Choose the word whose main stress is placed differently from the others in each group.
3. A. accompany B. potential C. official D. listen
4. A. solidarity B. energetic C. necessary D. combination
Choose the word or phrase that is CLOSEST in meaning to the underlined part in each of the following questions.
9. Governments have made laws to protect wildlife from overhunting.
A. enforced B. enacted C. observed D. required
10. What a lovely girl! She certainly takes after her mother.
A. resembles B. looks after C. takes care D. turns up
Choose the word or phrase that is OPPOSITE in meaning to the underlined part in each of the following questions.
11. They have been able to win the trust of the others.
A. suppose B. know C. doubt D. understand
12. He is responsible for his failure of his policies.
A. success B. right C. worry D. lack
Choose the correct answer (A, B, C or D) to each of the following questions.
13. Remember to ___________ your best clothes for the interview.
A. wear out B. put on C. show up D. fill in
14. Nowadays women have the same legal and ___________ rights as men do.
A. politics B. politician C. political D. politicians
15. GDP stands for gross domestic ____________.
A. production B. produce C. product D. producing
16. The trouble with Frank is that he never __________ on time for a meeting
A. turns up B. goes out C. takes after D. hurry up
17. ___ means "to punish a team or player who breaks the rules".
A. swallow B. dedicate C. discriminate D. penalize
18. Winning a place at university_________ for most students.
A. is becoming more and more difficult B. has become as difficult
C. will become more difficultly D. becomes the most difficultly
19. "Why don't you complain to the company, Peter?" said William.
A. William suggested Peter complaining to the company.
B. William suggested that Peter should complain to the company.
C. William suggested Peter to complain to the company.
D. William suggested that Peter had better to complain to the company.
20. Some people are _____ interested in animals than in other people.
A. further B. far more C. much D. most
21. After a pause, the lecturer ____________ speaking.
A. put out B. made up C. went on D. took over
22. He takes a great interest ____________ community activities.
A. for B. at C. in D. about
23. Peter has been working for 10 hours. He ____________ be very tired now.
A. needn't B. must C. ought to D. should
24. Water polo is a team water game, with six field players and one goalie in each team. The winner of the game is the team that scores more______________________.
A. nets B. goals C. plays D. balls
25. What kind of books do you enjoy____________ most?
A. reading B. to read C. read D. reader
26. Whales and Seals are thought to be in ___________ of extinction.
A. danger B. edge C. stake D. risk
27. John: "Would you like a cup of tea?" - Mike: "___________"
A. Yes, I do B. Yes, please C. I'm sorry D. It's my pleasure
28. A: " I think men are usually stronger than women."
A. No, I'm not B. Yes, I do C. Sorry, I can't D. I'm afraid, I disagree
29. We ___________ television when the telephone rang.
A. watched B. are watching C. have watched D. were watching
30. If you don't know what a word means, look it____________ in the dictionary.
A. after B. for C. up D. at
Read the passage bellow and choose the best answer (A, B, C or D) to each answer from 31 to 35.
The United Nations Children's Fund, or UNICEF, was (31)_________ by the United Nations General Assembly (32)_________ December 11, 1946, to provide emergency Food and healthcare to children in the countries that had been devastated by World War II. In 1953, UNICEF (33)________ a permanent part of the United Nations System and (34)______________ name was shortened from the original United Nations International Children's Emergency Fund (35)___________ it has continued to be known by the popular acronym based on this old name.
31. A. paid on B. taken off C. set up D. pushed back
32. A. on B. in C. at D. with
33. A. headquartered B. became C. managed D. committed
34. A. ours B. his C. theirs D. its
35. A. but B. and C. because D. so
Read the passage below carefully and choose the correct answer A, B, C or D:
Aquatic sports – sports involving playing in or upon the water – take various forms. The main activities include swimming, synchronized swimming, diving and water polo. Swimming is the act of moving through the water by using the arms, legs, and body in motion. It is an integral part of almost all water-based activities. In synchronized swimming, the players perform beautiful maneuvers to music and diving. Water polo, on the other hand, is a game where two opposing teams play against each other, attempting to throw a buoyant ball into the opponent's goal.
Underwater activities are less varied, the most popular of which are snorkeling and scuba diving. Snorkeling involves swimming face down just below the water surface while breathing through a slender plastic tube called a snorkel, meanwhile scuba divers carry a big tank of air that allows them to breathe while deep underwater.
Aquatic sports have long been acknowledged as excellent ways to take physical exercise. Furthermore, practicing them is known to produce both psychological and physical benefits which help to improve mood states and reduce the risk of many serious diseases. This explains why aquatic sports have become very popular forms of exercise among people of all ages.
36. What is the main idea of the passage?
A. Two kinds of aquatic sports B. The popularity of aquatic sports
C. Aquatic sports – kinds and benefits D. Swimming and breathing
37. According to the passage, almost all kinds of aquatic sports involve ________
A. scoring B. swimming C. music D. using equipment
38. According to the passage, which sport includes playing against an opponent team?
A. snorkeling B. synchronized swimming C. scuba diving D. water polo
39. The word acknowledged in line 12 is nearest in meaning to ________
A. accepted B. known C. described D. explained
40. What can we infer from the passage about aquatic sports?
A. Younger people can play aquatic sports better than older people.
B. Playing aquatic sports costs a lot of money.
C. Underwater activities are less dangerous than swimming.
D. Aquatic sports give people many health benefits.
B. WRITING (2ms)
I. Give the correct form of the words in brackets.
1. Almost half of turtles and tortoise are known to be threatened with __________. (extinct)
2. You have to be highly __________ to do well in sports these days. (compete)
3. He is a great sports __________. He rarely misses any sport games although he is busy. (enthusiasm)
4. Johnny used to be one of the most __________ athletes in my country. (success)
5. Many high school and college students in the USA work __________ to help disadvantage children. (volunteer)
II. Rewrite these sentences as directed.
1. My English teacher gave me a dictionary.
2. You mustn't be late for school.
You are not__________.
3. People say that the soldier died in the battle ten years ago.
The soldier is__________.
4. If you work harder, you make more products.
5. A new house is more expensive than an old one.
An old house is not__________.