Đề thi học kỳ 1 môn tiếng Anh lớp 11 tỉnh Vĩnh Phúc năm học 2015 - 2016
Đề thi học kỳ 1 môn tiếng Anh lớp 11 có đáp án
Đề thi học kỳ 1 môn tiếng Anh lớp 11 tỉnh Vĩnh Phúc năm học 2015 - 2016 là tài liệu mới nhất dành cho các em ôn thi học thi học kỳ 1. Sau đây mời các em cùng làm bài và tham khảo đáp án cuối bài nhé!
Part I: LISTENING
I. You will hear the short conversation. There is one question for each conversation. For question 1 to 4, put a tick under the right answer.
II. You will hear a conversation about a flat for rent. Listen and complete the questions 5-8.
Part II: PHONETICS, GRAMMAR & VOCABULARY (4 points)
I. Choose the word whose underlined part is pronounced differently from that of the other words.
1. A. brightened B. affected C. celebrated D. expanded
2. A. kites B. idols C. laughs D. caps
II. Choose the word whose main stress is different from that of the other words.
1. A. apartment B. appreciate C. confidence D. embarrass
2. A. celebrate B. constancy C. maximum D. minority
III. Choose the best answer A, B, C, or D the one that is SIMILAR in meaning to the underlined word.
1. The film is not worth seeing. The plot is too dull.
A. simple B. complicated C. boring D. slow
2. If the headmaster were here, he would sign your papers immediately.
A. right ahead B. currently C. formerly D. right away
IV. Choose the best answer A, B, C, or D the one showing the underlined part that needs correcting.
1. I asked the boys to move their bicycles off the football pitch but they flat refused.
A B C D
2. Peter acknowledged that his chances in winning the race to be slim.
A B C D
V. Choose the best answer A, B, C, or D the one that is OPPOSITE in meaning to the underlined word.
1. She is a very generous old woman. She has given most of her wealth to a charity organization.
A. amicable B. kind C. mean D. hospitable
2. The doctor advised Peter to give up smoking.
A. stop B. continue C. finish D. consider
VI. Choose the best answer among A, B, C, or D to complete each of the following sentences.
1. Like many other baby birds, ducklings are blind____________ birth.
A. of B. at C. on D. from
2. We took part in a sponsored walk____________ to support the poor.
A. organized B. organizing C. that organized D. had organized
3. The children were warned____________ in the lake without an adult present.
A. not swim B. not to swim C. not swimming D. to not swim
4. How can you let such a silly incident____________ your friendship?
A. wreck B. to wreck C. wrecking D. that wrecks
5. We are going to have my house____________ tomorrow morning.
A. paint B. painting C. painted D. to be painted
6. An English Club will be____________ to help children improve their English.
A. brought on B. showed up C. set up D. put on
Part III: READING (2 points)
I. Fill in each blank space with one appropriate from the box. There are more provided words than needed.
In the summer of 2000 the Vietnam Society of Learning Promotion (1)___________ a campaign for illiteracy eradication. In the campaign, six hundred ethnic minority students from the northern highlands were asked to provide reading and writing skills to 1,200 illiterate people living in their own villages. In 2001, eight hundred volunteer. Students took (2)___________ in the campaign. The number of people receiving reading and writing lessons (3)___________ 4,623. This was an effective way to help people in remote and mountainous areas to read and write.
The fight against illiteracy continued in the summer of 2002. This time the Vietnam Society of Learning Promotion decided to expand its activities to the central mountainous provinces. At present, the number of illiterate people in the remote and mountainous areas is gradually decreasing. It is hoped that illiteracy will soon be (4)___________ in our country as more and more people are taking part in the struggle against it.
1. A. began B. had C. started D. managed
2. A. control B. care C. part D. interest
3. A. ranged B. grew C. rose D. reached
4. A. limited B. eradicated C. completed D. prevented
II. Read the following passage and choose the best answer among A, B, C. or D provided.
Is winning everything? Ask kids and the answer is probably "No". Ask the adults and the answer is probably "Yes". And it is adults who control sports for young people - with terrible results for many kids. Twenty millions of children between the ages of eight and sixteen play organized sports outside of school. Their experiences are sometimes very bad. Why? Because of the adults, often their parents, who watch the games. Children's sports are organized like professional sports Children play baseball and football. They wear all the equipment that professional athletes wear. They have uniforms and umpires and referees and leagues. They have games. And many people come to watch their games, especially the families of the players. Because the children's games are like adults, professional games, their parents want adult professional competition. When a child drops a ball, his father becomes angry. When a child doesn't run fast, his mother might shout, "Run faster! Run faster!" And the child? With an angry father and a shouting mother, this is not a happy time. Unhappy and nervous, the child wants to stop playing. The game is not fun now. But he or she can't stop, because the competition is not finished.
1. How are the children's sports organized?
A. They are easier. B. They are for children only.
C. They are the same as adults'. D. They are not competitive.
2. Why do some children become unhappy playing sports?
A. Because they often lose. B. Because they play worse than adults.
C. Not all of them can play. D. The adults watch them play.
3. What do parents want from children players?
A. Win the game. B. Not to drop the ball.
C. Run faster. D. Play a lot more.
4. What is the most important idea in the text?
A. Winning is everything.
B. Winning is more important to parents than to children.
C. Winning is important to parents.
D. Winning is important to both children and parents.
Part IV: WRITING
I. Complete the second sentence as similar in meaning as the first one beginning with the words given.
1. "I'm terribly sorry I'm late" said Flora.
→ Flora apologized _______________________________________________.
2. She started learning French two years ago.
→ She's _____________________________________________________________.
3. The trousers are too small for me (enough).
→ These trousers ___________________________________________________.
4. I prefer walking to riding.
→ I prefer to _______________________________________________________.
5. Lee gave up her job. She planned to continue her education. (view)
→ Lee gave up her job ____________________________________________.
II. Write a short paragraph (60-80 words) about one of the parties which make you impressed. (you should follow the cues)
- What party did you attend?
- Where and when was it organized?
- What activity took place at the party?
- What food and drinks were served at the party?
- Why was it impressive?