Đề thi học kỳ 1 môn tiếng Anh lớp 11 trường THPT Đoàn Thượng, Hải Dương năm học 2015 - 2016
Đề thi học kỳ 1 môn tiếng Anh lớp 11 file nghe và đáp án
Trong bài viết này, VnDoc xin giới thiệu Đề thi học kỳ 1 môn tiếng Anh lớp 11 trường THPT Đoàn Thượng, Hải Dương năm học 2015 - 2016 với nhiều dạng bài tập hay và đáp án cụ thể. Tài liệu này gồm 1 đề chẵn và 1 đề lẻ. Sau đây mời các em cùng làm bài nhé!
ĐỀ CHẴN (DÀNH CHO THÍ SINH CÓ SBD CHẴN)
I. LISTENING (2.0p)
Part 1: Listen and fill in each blank with a missing word:
A: So what are you going to do for the (1)_________?
B: Well, (2) _________ tells me that I look too thin. I need to put (3) _________ a couple of kilos.
A: Why don't you join a gym and lift weights?
B: No time. I think I'll go back and live with my mom. She's the greatest (4) _________ .
Part 2: Listen and choose the best answer:
1. Why does Lan think that she can't go to Nga's party?
A. She hasn't finished her homework. B. She doesn't want to go to Nga's party.
C. The party is on her school day. D. She went out that day.
2. What has Lan decided to do?
A. She will not go to Nga's birthday party.
B. She can finish her homework first and go to the party later.
C. She can ask her sister to help her with her homework.
D. She can delay her meeting.
3. What's the problem with Minh?
A. He doesn't like parties. B. He often lies to his friends.
C. He has no friends. D. He got too many friends.
4. What can be the result of Minh's habit?
A. He doesn't have any friends. B. He will quit his class.
C. His friends will stop trusting him. D. He will never go to school again.
II. LANGUAGE USE
Part 1: Choose the word whose underlined part is pronounced differently. (0.5p)
1. A. champion B. chemistry C. change D. channel
2. A. write B. whole C. west D. whose
Part 2: Choose the best answer to complete the sentences (1p)
1. I congratulated you ________ having passed the exam with flying colours.
A. for B. from C. on D. to
2. _______ is a holiday in Vietnam celebrated on September 2nd every year.
A. Thanksgiving B. Valentine Day C. Teachers' Day D. Independence Day
3. I think cheap birth control ________ should be widely provided and applied so that we can reduce population growth.
A. limits B. ways C. methods D. examples
4. Our teachers always prevent us ________ talking in the class.
A. on B. from C. of D. for
Part 3: Put the verbs in the brackets into the correct forms (1p)
1. Nowadays, many young people plan (learn) _______ English well so as to have many good chances for thei future.
2. My classmates always (review)________ their lessons after the news programme on VTV1
3. I ( explain) _______ your questions clearly if you ask me.
4. If I _______ (be) invited to the party last week, I would have met a lot of my old friends there.
Part 1: Read the text and answer the questions that follow (1.5 p)
Wales has a population of about three million. English is the main language and only twenty percent speak both Welsh and English. Every year in August there is a Welsh speaking festival. It takes place in a different town each year so everyone has the change for it to be near them . Local people spend years making plans for when the festival will be in their town.
Each festival is attended by about 160.000 people. They travel not only from nearby towns and villages but also from the rest of the British Isles and even from abroad. There are concerts, plays and competitions to find the best singers, poets, writers and so on. Shops sell Welsh music books, pictures and clothes as well as food and drink. The festival provides a chance for Welsh-speaking people to be together for a whole week, with the Welsh language all around them
- What is the main language in Wales?
- How many people attend in each Welsh speaking festival?
- Where does it take place every year?
Part 2: Read the text and decide whether the following statements are True (T) or False (F) (1.5 p)
Mankind is feeling greater pressure from the expanding number of people. The area of the earth can never be expanded. Nor are there endless sources of food and clothing. Yet people are being born faster than they are dying. In the next forty years, the world population may double. How can so many people be fed? What is worse, there is danger that someday mankind will have only standing room.
Birth control should be a basic policy in our country. China has the greatest number of population in the world. With the high birth rate, the production of grains and goods will be unable to meet the need of the people. To raise people's living standard, we must practise birth control.
There are disadvantages of a family having more children. First, parents cannot give their children a good breeding in food, clothing and shelter and let alone education. Second, child-rearing will exhaust the parents, leaving no time and energy for their work. Last, a family with more children will increase the burden of society.
1. Mankind is feeling greater pressure from the expanding number of land.
2. Birth rates are higher than death rates now.
3. In the next forty years, the world population may triple.
4. China has the greatest number of population in the world.
5. In order to raise people's living standard, birth control method mustn't be practiced.
6. In a large family, parents cannot give their children a good breeding in food, clothing and shelter and let alone education.
Part 1: Rewrite these sentences, using suggested words. (1p)
1. " If I had enough money, I would buy her a present " he said to me
= > He said ____________________________________________________.
2. If the weather isn't good, we will have lunch at restaurant
= > Unless ____________________________________________________.
Part 2 (1,5p): There are many festivals in Vietnam. In about 100 words, write a paragraph about one of them. Your writing should include the following main points:
- What is the name of the festival?
- When is it?
- What is the purpose of the festival?
- What are the main activities?
- THE END –