Đề thi học kỳ 2 môn Tiếng Anh lớp 10 Thí điểm trường THPT Dương Xá, Hà Nội
Nằm trong bộ đề thi học kì 2 lớp 10 năm học 2018 - 2019, 2 đề kiểm tra Tiếng Anh lớp 10 học kì 2 trường THPT Dương Xá, Hà Nội dưới đây do VnDoc.com sưu tầm và đăng tải. Bộ đề thi cuối kì 2 môn Tiếng Anh lớp 10 gồm nhiều dạng bài tập Tiếng Anh khác nhau giúp học sinh lớp 10 cải thiện kỹ năng làm bài thi hiệu quả.
Đề thi học kì 2 lớp 10 môn Tiếng Anh chương trình mới
Đề thi môn Tiếng Anh lớp 10 học kì 2 năm học 2018 - 2019
Choose the word whose underlined part is pronounced differently from that of the other words.
1) A. cup B. become C. consider D. city
2) A. something B. think C. without D. thank
Choose the word that has stress pattern different from that of the other words.
3) A. character B. industry C. position D. audience
4) A. tournament B. passionate C. popular D. retirement
Choose the best answer among A, B, C or D that best completes each sentence.
5. Don't forget we're meeting on ............Friday for ............ lunch.
A. a/ a B. a/ θ C. θ / the D. θ / θ
6. ….rich should help ….poor and…….disabled.
A. a-a-the B. the-the-the C. a-an-the D. a-an-a
7. Are you the kind of person …….?
A. whom shy around people B. who are shy around people
C. who’s shy around people D. whose is shy around people
8. The computer broke down again, ……..
A. surprised the technician B. who surprised the technician
C. that surprised the technician D. which surprised the technician
9.Somebody cleans the room every day.
A. The room everyday is cleaned. B. The room is every day cleaned.
C. The room is cleaned every day. D. The room is cleaned by somebody every day.
10. "Now, I am ready". She answered.
A. she answered that now she was ready. B. she answered that now she is ready.
C. she answered that then she is ready. D. she answered that then she was ready.
11. If I had money, I _____that car.
A. will buy B. would buy C. would have bought D. bought
12. The water in this area is________.
A. polluting B. pollute C. polluted D. pollution
13. Domestic violence ____ women and girls must be wiped out at any cost.
A. on B.at C.for D. against
14. Do you know what CFC ____?
A. sets in B. does up C. stands for D. gets down
15. There’s been a ____ in Germany and a village was completely destroyed.
A. flood B. drizzle C. shower D. smog
16.“ ____" - "I hate it, but I have to do it.”
A. How do you feel about learning English? B. How do you learn English?
C. Is English important in your country? D. Is English easy to learn?
17. In some Asian countries, the groom and bride ____ their wedding rings in front of the altar.
A. change B. exchange C. give D. take
18. On the wedding day, the best man is expected to help the ____.
A. bride B. groom C. guest D. bridesmaid
19. You ____ help the local people if you buy local products whenever possible and pay a fair price for what you buy.
A. could B. would C. wouldn’t D. will
20. Now I wish I could ____ a medical career to become a doctor.
A. pursuing B. be pursuing C. be pursued D. pursue
21. Gender discrimination must ____ in order to create a better society.
A. eliminate B. be eliminating C. be eliminated D. eliminated
22. That's the actor ____ autograph I got last year.
A. whose B. who C. who’s D. whom
23. This is ____ wedding party I’ve ever attended.
A. the more memorable B. more memorable
C. the most memorable D. most memorable
24. "We're watching TV," said the twins. =>The twins said they ____ TV.
A. watched B. were watching
C. have been watching D. had watched
25. “You've been annoying me all day!" my mum said. => My mum said I ____ her all day.
A. annoyed B. was annoying
C. have been annoying D. had been annoying
Mark the letter A. B. C, or D to indicate the word(s) CLOSEST in meaning to the underlined word(s) in each of the following questions.
26. A sustainable forest is a forest where trees that are cut are replanted and the wildlife is protected.
A. pre-tested B. preserved C. reservedD. protested
Mark the letter A, B, C, or D to indicate the word(s) OPPOSITE in meaning to the underlined word(s) in each of the following questions.
27. The United Nations has declared the celebration of the International Day ofEcotourism, to promote sustainable practices in this growing industry.
A. favour B. raise C. boost D. delay
Read the following passage and mark the letter A, B, C, or D to indicate the correct word that best fits each of the numbered blanks.
Ecotourism is booming and many tour operators say this is helpful to nature. Every year, millions of people visit protected (28) ____ areas to observe rare species. However, a new report casts doubt on this form of tourism. The report, (29) ____ in the journal "Trends in Ecology and Evolution", suggests that ecotourism damages more than helps nature. Researchers believe tourists disrupt animals in their natural (30) ____. They point to a recent (31) ____ in Costa Rica where turtles had problems laying their eggs because of the many tourists who had gathered (32) ____ the beach to watch them.
28. A. nature B. natural C. naturally D. naturism
29. A. publicized B. publicizing C. published D. publishing
30. A. habitable B. habitation C. habit D. habitat
31. A. even B. event C. eventful D. eventual
32. A. over B. in C. on D. to
Read the following passage and mark the letter A, B, C, or D to indicate the correct answer to each of the questions.
THINK BEFORE YOU TOSS
Countries around the world have growing mountains of trash because people are throwing out more trash than ever before. How did we become a throwaway society?
First of all, it is now easier to replace an item than to spend time and money to repair it. Thanks to modern manufacturing and technology, companies are able to produce items quickly and inexpensively. Products are plentiful and prices are low, so we would rather buy something new than repair it. Even if we did want to repair something, many items are almost impossible to repair. These products contain many tiny, complicated parts. Some even contain small computer chips. It's easier to throw these items away and buy new ones than to fix them.
Another contributing factor is our love of disposable products. As busy people, we are always looking for ways to save time and make our lives easier. Why should we use cloth kitchen towels? It's easier to use paper towel once and toss it out. Companies manufacture thousands of different kinds of disposable items: paper plates, plastic cups, cameras, and razors for shaving, to name a few. The problem is that disposable products also contribute to our trash problem.
Our appetite for new products also contributes to the problem. We are addicted to buying things. As consumers, we want the latest clothes, the best TVs, and cellphones with west features. Companies tell us to buy, buy, and buy. Advertisements persuade us wer is better. The result is that we throw away useful possessions to make room for new ones.
33. Which of the following is NOT a reason for people to replace a broken item?
A. Products are now mass produced at affordable prices.
B. It takes almost no time to fix broken items.
C. Many items are too complicated to repair.
D. Some products contain tiny, complicated chips.
34. All of the following are disposable products, EXCEPT ____.
A. cloth kitchen towels B. paper plates C. plastic cups D. razors for shaving
35. The word “disposable" in paragraph 3 is closest in meaning to ____.
A. convenient B. inexpensive C. throwaway D. single-use
36. Why are we hooked on buying new things?
A. We throw the old items to make room for the new ones.
B. We have more money than ever before.
C. We want to own as many things as possible.
D. We are made to believe that the new is the better.
Rewrite the following sentences.
37. They must not allow any kind of violence at school. (using passive)
38. An e-book is an electronic book. It can be read on a mobile device. (using relative pronouns)
39. Steven asked Tony “Have you prepared for your presentation?” (using reported speech)
40. I don’t know the truth; I can’t tell you. (using conditional sentences)
Đề thi cuối năm lớp 10 môn Tiếng Anh năm học 2015 - 2016
Pick out the word whose underlined part is pronounced differently.
1. A. supply B. dirty C. happy D. energy
2. A. chemical B. discharge C. change D. church
3. A. surprise B. devise C. promise D. realize
Pick out the word that has the stress differently from that of the other words.
4. A. animal B. invention C. energy D. influence
5. A. delicious B. encourage C. excited D. motivate
II. Choose the best answer.
6. The________of the ozone layer is not a good thing for the earth.
A. depletion B. deplete C. depleting D. depletement
7. Deforestation will lead to the extinction of rare animals due to the loss of their habitats, and extreme floods and land _________.
A. erode B. eroding C. erosion D. erodement
8. The_______of fossil fuels has gradually increased in many countries which is concerned for many environmentalists.
A. consumer B. consume C. consuming D. consumption
9. The smoke from burning fuels causes pollution if it ______ into the atmosphere.
A. releases B. is released C. will be released D. released.
10. Oil spills are having a devastating effect on coral reefs in the ocean.
A. powerful B. significant C. disastrous D. detectable
11. _______ aren't effective anymore because insects have become resistant to them.
A. Fertilizers B. Pesticides C. Herbicides D. Medicines
12. Students can download programme and..................from internet.
A. materials B. food C. drink D. note
13. Mass tourism has contributed to the _____of the environment.
A. destroy B. destroying C. destruction D. destroyment
14. ecotuorism has ______more jobs for the local people.
A. provided B. given C. introduced D. got
15. Like children elsewhere, children in the USA have greatly benefited ________ modern technology.
A. in B. from C. since D. for
16. Personal electronic devices can be very _______, to you and to others.
A. distractal B. distract C. distractional D. distracting
17. Costa Rica is one of the world's best _______destinations.
A. ecotourisms B. eco tour C. ecotourist D. ecotourism
18. Don village in Dak Lak Province is the home _________ the M'Nong, Ede and Thai ethnic minority groups.
A. for B. of C. to D. about
19. Most chemicals .............................the ground and the underground water.
A. contaminated B. contaminate C. contamination D. contaminating
20. I wonder ỉf you could help me." "_________"
A. Don't mention it C. I'll do my best. What's up?
B. Really? How nice D. No, what is it?
III. Find out the mistake and correct them.
21. Two new houses have just been build here.
A B C D
22. Have you remembered to arranged travel insurance?
A B C D
23. My friend George, that arrived late, was not permitted to enter the class.
A B C D
24. What would happen if the temperature is warmer?
A B C D
25. The young has the future in their hands.
A B C D
Read the passage carefully and then choose the correct answers.
Parks in our country are wonderful playgrounds and millions of people visit them every year. There are places where you can camp without charge or you can rent a room in a hotel. You can take long walks in the forests, take boat trips, or climb mountains. You are not allowed to hunt in the parks, so there are many wild animals. You can fish in the streams of most of the parks. The park keepers sometimes go with the visitors on walks to tell them about the animals, plants, and mountains. They also have programmes and talks at the campgrounds and in the hotels so that many people learn all about the park and the things that are in it.
26: The word " them" in line 5 refers to ..................
A. animals B. parks C. visitors D. park keepers
27: We can camp in the parks ..................
A. if we visit them every year B. if we rent a room in a hotel
C. with a small fee D. without having to pay anything
28: Which of the following activities is not mentioned in the passage ?
A. go skiing B. go by boat C. go climbing D. go for a walk
29: The word " streams" in line 4 is closest in meaning to .............
A. ponds B. big seas C. small rivers D. lakes
Fill in each numbered blank with one suitable word or phrase.
THE TREAT TO THE ENVIRONMENT
Nowadays people are more aware that wildlife all over the world is in ___30___. Many ___31___ of animals are threatened and could easily become ___32___ if we do not make an effort to __33___. There are many reasons for this. In some cases, animals are ___34___ for their fur or for other valuable parts of their bodies. Some birds, such as parrots, are caught ___35___ and sold as pets.
30. A. danger B. problem C. threat D. vanishing
31. A. forms B. more C. marks D. species
32. A. empty B. vanished C. disappeared D. extict
33. A. harm B. serve C. protect D. safe
34. A. extinct B. hunted C. chased D. game
35. A. alive B. for living C. for life D. lively
V. Give the correct word form.
36. Air _______is a consequence of fossil fuel burning by motor vehicles, factories, aircraft and rockets. (pollute)
37. In some national parks, tourists are not fully aware of ______protection. (environment)
38. Don't ask him questions about his family. He hates answering ________ questions. (person)
39. Noise pollution can cause stress and ______and health problems for human. (psychology)
40. ________of oil will lead to the depletion of this natural resource. (exploit)
VI. Give the correct form of verbs.
41. We always (do) ___________ our exercises carefully.
42-43. Ask her (come) ___________ in and don't keep her (stand) _________________
VII. Rewrite these sentences.
44. People should send their complaints to the main office.
45. Mr Phong hasn't come yet. He is supposed to be at the meeting.
46. Tokyo is bigger than Hanoi.
47. I don't have his address so I can't write letter to him.
48. "They must go to the hospital now."
Brenda said __________________________________________________________________
49. "If you meet your grandfather, please send my regards to him."
She told ____________________________________________________________
VIII. Put the words in the right order to make meaningful sentences.
50. pollution/ tour/ for/ eco-tourists/ which/ air/ bus/ as/ might/ to/ a/ prefer/ transportation/ may/ a/ tour/ or/ biking/ to/contribute/ walking.
Hiện tại VnDoc.com chưa cập nhật được đáp án, mời bạn đọc tải toàn bộ nội dung bộ đề thi tại đây: Đề thi học kỳ 2 môn Tiếng Anh lớp 10 Thí điểm trường THPT Dương Xá, Hà Nội. Ngoài ra, VnDoc.com đã cập nhật rất nhiều tài liệu ôn tập Tiếng Anh 10 cả năm khác như: Để học tốt Tiếng Anh lớp 10, Đề thi học kì 1 lớp 10, Đề thi học kì 2 lớp 10, Bài tập Tiếng Anh lớp 10 theo từng Unit trực tuyến,.... Mời thầy cô, quý phụ huynh và các em học sinh tham khảo, download tài liệu.