Đề thi học sinh giỏi môn Tiếng Anh lớp 12 tỉnh Thanh Hóa năm 2013 - 2014
Đề thi học sinh giỏi môn Tiếng Anh lớp 12
VnDoc.com giới thiệu tới bạn đề thi học sinh giỏi môn Tiếng Anh lớp 12 tỉnh Thanh Hóa kèm đáp án, giúp bạn hệ thống lại kiến thức Tiếng Anh của mình. Qua các các bài tập được đưa ra, bạn sẽ làm quen với cấu trúc đề thi Tiếng Anh học sinh giỏi cấp tỉnh, và có được sự chuẩn bị tốt nhất cho các kỳ thi, các bài kiểm tra tới.
SỞ GIÁO DỤC VÀ ĐÀO TẠO
ĐỀ THI CHÍNH THỨC
KÌ THI CHỌN HỌC SINH GIỎI TỈNH
Năm học: 2013-2014
Môn thi: Tiếng Anh
Lớp 12 THPT
Ngày thi: 20 tháng 3 năm 2014
Thời gian: 180 phút (không kể thời gian giao đề)
Part A: PHONETICS (5 pts)
Question I: Choose the word whose underlined part is pronounced differently from the rest in the same line. (2 pts)
1. A. controlled B. returned C. formed D. convinced
2. A. suggestion B. devotion C. congestion D. digestion
Question II: Find the word with the stress pattern different from that of the other three words in each question. (3 pts)
3. A. compulsory B. curriculum C. certificate D. secondary
4. A. hospital B. different C. supportive D. special
5. A. compliment B. apologize C. tradition D. develop
Part B: VOCABULARY AND GRAMMAR (45 pts)
Question I: Choose the most suitable word or phrase to complete each sentence. (15 pts)
6. He felt ______when he failed the exams the second time.
A. discouraged B. discouraging C. encouraged D. encourage
7. David learned to play ______ violin when he was at ______ university.
A. -/- B. the/- C. the/the D. -/the
8. The workers ______ cement for the patio when it began to rain.
A. lay B. were lying C. laid D. were laying
9. American students agree that a husband is______ to tell his wife where he has been if he comes home late.
A. obsessed B. obliged C. obtained D. observed
10.-"Let's have a pizza." -"______"
A. Not again B. It doesn't matter C. Not really D. It’s a good idea
11. Nam: “ You are a great dancer, Huong.”
A. There’s no doubt about it. B. You shouldn’t have said that.
C. You must be kidding. D. Yes. Congratulations
12. In most social situations where some ______ is allowed, a brief raise of the hand and a small wave is fine to attract someone's attention.
A. informality B. friendship C. familiarity D. introduction
13. Sperm Whales and sharks are carnivores. Carnivores mean ______
A. animals that live in the sea B. animals that only eat plants
C. fish that aren’t born from eggs D. animals that eat meat
14. Will we be ______ the storm if we shelter under a tree?
A. happy about B. safe from C. depended on D. cared for
15. Michael was ______ with anger when he saw his car had been scratched.
A. stored B. fixed C. loaded D. filled
16. He ______ his life to helping the poor.
A. spent B. experienced C. dedicated D. used
17. I am not really ______ this kind of music. I prefer music that we can dance to.
A. in B. for C. into D. with
18. ______ I had nothing for breakfast but an apple, I had lunch early.
A. However B. Since C. Due to D. Therefore
19. Military is ______ in this country. Every man who reaches the age of 18 has to serve in the army for two years.
A. compulsory B. optional C. illegal D. unnecessary
20. All ______ is a continuous supply of the basic necessities of life.
A. that is needed B. which is needed C. what is needed D. the thing needed
Question II: The following passage contains 10 mistakes. Find and correct them (10 pts) (Questions 21 - 30)
In 2001, the British Association for the Advancement of Science went on search of the world's funniest joke. The experiment involved people from all over the world posted their jokes on to a website and rating the submissions of their. Among the jokes entered was the following: 'There were two cows in a field. One said 'Moo.' The other one said 'I was going to say that.'
The joke was then entered into the archive several times, using different animals and noises. Two tigers said 'Grr,' two dogs said 'Woof' and so on. You would imagine that one animal and noise would be much the same like another. However, the joke rated the funniest was: 'Two ducks were sitting on a pond. One of the duck said 'Quack.' The other duck said, 'I was going to say that.'
The research supported the wide held theory that some words and sounds are distinctly funnier than others. The 'k' sound (or the 'hard c') as heard in 'quack' and 'duck' have always been regarded in the comedy world as specially funny. Why? It may be down to a rather odd facial phenomenon known for 'facial feedback'. When people feel happy they smile but some evidence suggests that the mechanism also works in reverse. The hard letter 'k' often forces the face to smile, which may explain why the sound is associated with happiness.
Question III: Put each verb in brackets into an appropriate form. (10 pts)
31. It was a boring show. I would rather (not/go) ______ there.
32. I'm sure they (complete) ______ the new road by June.
33. (Bite) ______ twice, the postman refused to deliver our letters unless we chained our dog up.
34. His (take) ______ ill was quite unexpected.
35. It (not/be) ______ for you, I would come home late.
36. His roommate (always enter) ______ the room without knocking first, which annoys him a lot.
37. The curricula of American public schools (not determine) ______ by the federal government.
38. He (not wear) ______ uniform when you see him, because he'll be on leave then, and they don't wear uniform when they are on leave.
39. It is essential that every student (know) ______ how to use a computer.
40. A shape with four equal sides and one right angle (call) ______ a square.
Question IV: Put each word in brackets into an appropriate form. (10 pts)
People are often put off meditation by what they see as its many mystical associations. Yet meditation is a (41. STRAIGHT) _____ technique which merely involves sitting and resting the mind. In addition to its (42. SIMPLE) ______, meditation offers powerful help in the battle against stress. Hundreds of studies have shown that meditation, when undertaken in a principled way, can (43. REDUCTION) ______ hypertension which is related to stress in the body. Research has proved that certain types of meditation can (44. SUBSTANCE) ______ decrease key stress symptoms such as (45. ANXIOUS) ______and irritability. In fact, those who practise meditation with any (46. REGULAR) ______ see their doctors less and spend, on average, seventy per cent fewer days in hospital. They are said to have more stamina, a happier (47. DISPOSE)______ and even enjoy better relationships.
When you learn to meditate, your teacher will give you a personal 'mantra' or word which you use every time you practise the technique and which is (48. SUPPOSE) ______ chosen according to your needs. Initial classes are taught (49. INDIVIDUAL) ______ but subsequent classes usually consist of a group of students and take place over a period of about four days. The aim is to learn how to slip into a deeper state of (50.CONSCIOUS) ______ for twenty minutes a day. The rewards speak for themselves.
Đáp án đề thi học sinh giỏi môn Tiếng Anh lớp 12
Part A: PHONETICS (5 điểm – Mỗi câu đúng 1 điểm)
1. D 2. B 3. D 4. C 5. A
Part B: VOCABULARY & GRAMMAR (45 điểm – mỗi câu đúng 1 điểm, riêng bài sửa lỗi, nếu tìm được lỗi mà sửa không đúng thì cho 0.5 điểm)
6. A 7. B 8. D 9. B 10. D
11. C 12. A 13. D 14. B 15. D
16. C 17. C 18. B 19. A 20. A
|21||on (line 1)||in||(One of) the duck (line 10)||(One of) the ducks|
|22||posted (line 3)||posting||wide (line 12)||widely|
|23||their (line 4)||theirs||have (line 14)||has|
|24||like (line 8)||as||specially (line 15)||especially|
|25||on (line 9)||in||for (line 16)||as|
31. not have gone 32. will have completed
33. Having been bitten 34. being taken
35. were it not 36. is always entering
37. are not determined 38. will not be wearing
39. (should) know 40. is called
41. straightforward 42. simplicity
43. reduce 44. substantially
45. anxiety 46. regularity
47. disposition 48. supposedly
49. individually 50. consciousness
Part C: READING (30 điểm – Mỗi câu đúng 1 điểm)
51. C 52. D 53. B 54. A 55. C
56. B 57. C 58. A 59. C 60. D
61. to 62. addition 63. airports 64. departure 65. flight/plane
66. with 67. numbers 68. despite 69. land 70. at
71. B 72. A 73. C 74. D 75. A
76. B 77. A 78. C 79. C 80. A
Part D: WRITING. (20 điểm)
I. (05 điểm- Mỗi câu đúng 1 điểm)
81. The man was too old to go on an expedition to the Middle East.
82. You drove me to distraction with your silly questions.
83. As soon as you arrive, go to the international ticket desk.
84. He broke the world record at/on his second attempt.
85. There is no instant solution to this problem.
II. (05 điểm- Mỗi câu đúng 1 điểm)
86. The two theories appear to have (got) nothing in common.
87. Much as we were impressed by the new cinema, we found/did find it rather expensive.
Impressed as we were by the new cinema, we found/did find it rather expensive.
88. The accident victim was finding it increasingly difficult to breath.
89. The damage to the building is being examined by teams of experts.
90. You ought to have thought more carefully before you decided.
III. Essay: (10 điểm)
- Task completion – 4 điểm
Tùy mức độ hoàn thành các yêu cầu, giám khảo có thể chấm từ 1-4 điểm.
- Grammatical accuracy and spelling – 3 điểm: bài viết không có lỗi chính tả và dưới 3 lỗi ngữ pháp được cho 3 điểm tối đa. Cứ 4 lỗi chính tả hoặc ngữ pháp trừ 1 điểm (Trừ không quá 3 điểm).
- Coherence and cohesion (tính mạch lạc và sự liên kết câu, đoạn) – 3 điểm:
Tùy mức độ mạch lạc, liên kết câu, liên kết đoạn của bài viết, giám khảo có thể chấm 1-3 điểm.