Đề thi học sinh giỏi môn Tiếng Anh lớp 9 huyện Vĩnh Tường năm 2013 - 2014
Đề thi học sinh giỏi môn Tiếng Anh lớp 9 có đáp án
Trong bài viết này, VnDoc xin gửi bạn đề thi học sinh giỏi môn Tiếng Anh lớp 9 huyện Vĩnh Tường năm 2013 - 2014 với nhiều dạng bài tập hay, cơ bản và phù hợp với kỳ thi học sinh giỏi môn tiếng Anh lớp 9. Mời các bạn tham khảo.
PART A: LISTENING
(All the recordings will be played twice.)
You are going to hear a conversation with a woman who wants to join an international social club.
Questions 1–5. Complete the form below. Write ONE WORD AND/OR A NUMBER for each answer.
| International Social Club |
Name: Jenny Foo
Address: (2) ........................ Road, Bondi
Mobile phone: (3) ........................
Occupation: (4) ........................
Free-time interests: Singing and (5) .....................
Questions 6–10. Choose the correct letter, A, B or C.
6. According to Don, what might be a problem for Jenny?
A. her accent
B. talking to her colleagues
C. understanding local people
7. How many members does the club have now?
A. 30 B. 50 C. 80
8. How often does the club meet?
A. once a week B. once every two weeks C. once a month
9. What is the club's most frequent type of activity?
A. a talk B. a visit C. a meal
10. The main purpose of the club is to help members to
A. meet Australians.
B. learn about life in Australia.
C. enjoy themselves together.
PART B: PHONETICS
Choose the word whose underlined part is pronounced differently from the others.
1. A. communicate B. experience C. embroidery D. inspiration
2. A. banyan B. blanket C. gather D. exchange
3. A. behave B. decorate C. expect D. describe
4. A. realize B. product C. mechanic D. separate
5. A. comment B. garment C. even D. cement
PART C: LEXICO-GRAMMAR
I. Choose the right word or phrase A-D to complete the sentences.
1. _______ my friends were unsuccessful at the job interviews.
A. Most B. The most of C. Most of D. Most out of
2. _______ hard it is, we'll finish solving it before you come back.
A. No matter what B. How far C. No matter how D. Whichever
3. It was clear that the young couple were _______ of taking charge of the restaurant.
A. responsible B. reliable C. capable D. able
4. Have you ever been to Da Lat City? I remember _______ to the city by my teacher.
A. taking B. to take C. to be taken D. being taken
5. _______ he loved her, he didn't forgive her for what she had done.
A. Much as B. Because C. No matter D. However
6. Can you give me the _______ for tomato soup?
A. formula B. recipe C. order D. method
7. I must go to the dentist and _______.
A. get my teeth to take care of
B. take care of my teeth
C. my teeth be taken care of
D. get my teeth taken care of
8. I didn't get home until after midnight last night. Otherwise, I _______ your call.
A. would return B. returned C. would have returned D. had returned
9. By next year, we _______ here for ten years.
A. lived B. have lived C. will live D. will have lived
10. _______ for the intolerable heat in the hall, we would have stayed much longer.
A. If it weren't B. Unless it were C. Hadn't it been D. Had it not been
11. She was _______ as anyone could have had.
A. as patient teacher B. a patient a teacher
C. as patient as teacher D. as patient a teacher
12. _______ parrots are native to tropical regions is untrue.
A. All B. That all C. Since all D. Why all
13. I am sorry I opened your handbag but I _______ it for mine.
A. mistook B. confused C. recognized D. imagined
14. English is used as an access _______ world scholarship and world trade.
A. into B. for C. to D. toward
15. If you come to the cinema, _______ your friend with you.
A. bring B. get C. invite D. take
II. Read the text below. Use the word given in capitals to form a word that fits in the spaces. There is an example at the beginning.
Example: 0. amusement
The days when people would go to a zoo simply for (0. AMUSE) _______ are long ago. Today, when we place greater (1. IMPORT) _______ on the survival of animals in the wild, zoos have duty to inform the public and improve our (2. KNOW) _______ of the environment and the problems faced (3. WORLD) _______ by large numbers of animals. Today's zoos also play a role in the (4. PROTECT) _______ of threatened species, breeding animals for release in the wild. Many zoos also fund (5. SCIENCE) _______ research into animals and their behavior. The way animals are treated in zoos has changed, too. Many intelligent animals suffer from (6. BORE) _______ in captivity and their keepers now try to improve the (7. PSYCHOLOGY) _______ state of the animals in their care. They do this by, for example, providing the animals with a (8. VARY) _______ of different food or by changing the animals' (9. DAY) _______ routine. Although some critics of zoos remain (10. CONVINCE) _______ , there can be no doubt that animals in zoos today enjoy a more comfortable existence than in the past.
Đáp án đề thi học sinh giỏi môn tiếng Anh lớp 9
PART A: LISTENING
2. 13 Anglesea
3. 040 422 9160
6. C 7. B 8. B 9. A 10. A
PART B: PHONETICS
1. D 2. D 3. B 4. C 5. D
PART C: LEXICO-GRAMMAR
I. Choose the right word or phrase A-D to complete the sentences:
1. C 2. C 3. C 4. D 5. A
6. B 7. D 8. C 9. D 10. D
11. D 12. B 13. A 14. C 15. A
II. Read the text below. Use the word given in capitals to form a word that fits in the spaces:
1. importance 2. knowledge
3. worldwide 4. protection
5. scientific 6. boredom
7. psychological 8. variety
9. daily 10. unconvinced
III. Read the text and choose the odd words:
1. with 2. on 3. Correct 4. so 5. of
6. to 7. the 8. Correct 9. was 10. her
PART D: READING
I. Choose the word or phrase:
1. A 2. C 3. A 4. C 5. D
6. D 7. C 8. B 9. C 10. C
II. Fill in each space:
1. born 2. in 3. invent 4. telephone 5. spread
6. made 7. the 8. imagined 9. death 10. for
III. Read the passage and choose the best answer:
1. A 2. D 3. D 4. C 5. C
PART E: WRITING
I. Complete the second sentence:
1. Karen might not have heard her name being called.
2. William's mother reminded him to lock the house when he went out.
3. Against everyone's expectations, she lost./ Against all expectations, she lost.
4. There were only a few guests at the wedding.
5. You can borrow my tennis racquet, as long as you promise to look after it.
II. Writing letter.
1. Explain what has happened in the letter.
2. Telling the librarian what the reader want to do about it.
Use of language: