Nhằm giúp các bạn chuẩn bị thật tốt kiến thức để làm bài thi đạt hiệu quả cao, Vndoc.com xin giới thiệu: Đề thi học sinh giỏi Quốc gia môn Tiếng Anh lớp 12 năm 2011 - Có đáp án.
|BỘ GIÁO DỤC VÀ ĐÀO TẠO
(Đề thi chính thức)
|KỲ THI CHỌN HỌC SINH GIỎI QUỐC GIA
LỚP 12 THPT NĂM 2011
Môn: TIẾNG ANH
Thời gian: 180 phút (không kể thời gian giao đề)
Ngày thi: 11/01/2011
I. LISTENING (4/20 points)
HƯỚNG DẪN PHẦN THI NGHE HIỂU
Part 1: A VOA reporter is hosting a discussion of a research report on how the world is fighting hunger. Listen to the discussion and circle the correct answer (A, B, C, or D) to each of the following questions.
1. This coming Saturday will be marked as ______.
A. World’s Peace Day B. UN’s Nutrition Day C. World’s Food Day D. UN’s Agriculture Day
2. It is aimed to push forward a program to ______.
A. fight terrorism B. alleviate hunger C. investigate hunger D. eliminate hunger
3. The findings have revealed that early childhood is also the critical time for reducing ______.
A. violence B. terrorism C. sexism D. poverty
4. Experts have concluded that undernourishment between conception and ______ can have a serious and lasting impacts.
A. one’s third birthday B. one’s second birthday C. one’s first birthday D. one’s fifth birthday
5. Undernourished children are likely to get ______ and are likely to get sick and die.
A. physically stunted B. mentally retarded C. emotionally problematic D. physically incapable
6. According to the report, a nation’s productivity of future generations largely depends on the _______.
A. natural environment B. family’s income source
C. first 1,000 days of life D. health services
7. Damages after the critical time is _________.
A. highly irreversible B. scarcely retrievable C. difficult to overcome D. highly reserved
8. Who should be “on board” with nutritionists to make the project a success?
A. Professionals. B. Statesmen. C. Executives. D. Politicians.
9. In the 1980’s, Thailand sent its volunteers to the country teaching about ______.
A. health and productivity B. foods and nutrients C. health and nutrition D. health and foods
10. Many major donors and the United Nations are targeting the program at ______ and young children.
A. pregnant women B. working parents C. breastfeeding mothers D. low-income parents
Part 2: Listen to a radio interview with a volcanologist and circle the correct answer (A, B, C, or D) to each of the following questions.
11. What the scientist finds the most amazing about volcanoes is the fact that ______.
A. they can kill a large number of people very quickly
B. you never know when they will erupt
C. volcanoes have enormous power
D. their eruptions are highly predictable
12. How powerful is a volcanic eruption as described in the expert’s words?
A. It can burn out a village within seconds.
B. It can clean a village within seconds.
C. It can wipe out a village within seconds.
D. It can bury a village within seconds.
13. The old assumption that the moon affects volcanic eruptions ______.
A. has never been tested
B. has been tested only recently
C. is based on old-time legends
D. is a classical myth
14. What gives rise to the old idea comes from the observation that a volcano is likely to erupt when ______.
A. the moon comes down B. there is a new moon
C. there is a full moon D. the moon is high in the sky
15. Mount Etna is nicknamed “a ______ giant”.
A. friendly B. hostile C. unfriendly D. dangerous
16. Mount Etna is so nicknamed because ______.
A. its cone is a playground B. its lava cools down very fast
C. its cone is narrow D. its lava moves slowly
17. For 3,000 years, Mount Etna has killed ______ people.
A. 73 B. 69 C. 3,000 D. 4,000
18. How many people were killed by Mount Etna in 1669?
A. 69 deaths were recorded. B. 73 deaths were recorded.
C. No case of death was recorded. D. 3,000 deaths were recorded.
19. A new volcano may be formed when ______.
A. lava flows fast B. a cone closes up C. lava cools down D. a cone explodes
20. Mount Fuji in Japan is the ______ volcano on that site.
A. 2nd B. 1st C. 3rd D. 4th
21. How large is the number of visitors visiting Mount Fuji every year?
A. 4,000 people. B. 400,000 people. C. 20,000 people. D. 400 people.
22. The word “volcano” comes from Italian meaning “______”.
A. a burnt mountain B. a falling mountain C. a burning mountain D. a forming mountain
23. The first volcano to have the name “Vulcanus” was ______.
A. Vesuvius B. Mount Etna C. Mount Fuji D. Vesuvius and Etna
24. The Romans gave the Mount the name because they thought it was the ______ of the God of Fire Vulcanus.
A. den B. home C. cave D. house
25. According to the expert, volcanoes ______.
A. have more than one cone B. are all famous tourist sites
C. will all become extinct D. are always changing
Part 3: A new student took notes of the introduction of the Department of Printed Word but she missed out some details. Listen to the man introducing his department and supply the blanks with missing information for her.
II. LEXICO- GRAMMAR (5/20 points)
Part 1: Choose the word or phrase that best completes each sentence. Write your answer (A, B, C, or D) in the numbered box.
41. He was so ______ in the book that he did not hear her footsteps.
A. distracted B. engrossed C. gripped D. attracted
42. I felt that he lacked the ______ to pursue a difficult task to the very end.
A. persuasion B. obligation C. engagement D. commitment
43. The government decided to ______ down on income tax evasion.
A. press B. crack C. push D. snap
44. Check the apparatus carefully to make sure it has not been ______.
A. broken into B. tempered with C. touched up D. taken out
45. We believe that the cumulative effects of renewed prosperity will ______ expectations.
A. overcome B. undermine C. surpass D. succeed
46. John's got very ______ feelings about taking on more responsibility at the moment.
A. puzzled B. mixed C. jumbled D. muddled
47. The college will soon be ready to ______ candidates for new courses.
A. enrol B. involve C. call D. recall
48. After the concert, everyone had to ______ home through the thick snow.
A. trudge B. tread C. trace D. trickle
49. The captain realized that unless immediate action was taken to discipline the crew, there could be a _____ on the ship.
A. riot B. rebellion C. mutiny D. strike
50. Her enthusiasm ______ her lack of experience.
A. makes up for B. makes off C. makes out at D. makes up