Đề thi học sinh giỏi tiếng Anh lớp 8 năm 2019 - 2020
Đề thi học sinh giỏi lớp 8 môn tiếng Anh có đáp án
Đề ôn thi học sinh giỏi tiếng Anh lớp 8 có đáp án dưới đây nằm trong bộ đề bồi dưỡng học sinh giỏi tiếng Anh lớp 8 năm 2019 - 2020 do VnDoc.com sưu tầm và đăng tải. Đề thi HSG Anh 8 được biên tập bám sát chương trình học tiếng Anh lớp 8 chương trình mới giúp các em học sinh lớp 8 củng cố kiến thức Từ vựng - Ngữ pháp tiếng Anh trọng tâm hiệu quả.
A) Multiple choice
I) From each number, pickout one word whose underlined part is pronounced differently from the others.
|1) a- perform||b- colour||c- boring||d- your|
|2) a- bath||b- watch||c- want||d- water|
|3) a- thank||b- think||c- father||d- them|
|4) a- happen||b- house||c- hour||d- horse|
|5) a- filled||b- destroyed||c- wished||d- prepared|
|6) a- flow||b- crowd||c- cloud||d- scout|
II) From each number, pick out one word which has the stress on the second syllable:
|9) a-foreman||b-microwave||c- manufactory||d-mortar|
III) Choose the correct answer for each sentence.
11) Please ask them . . . . . . . . . . in this area.
a) don’t smoke
b) not smoking
c) to not smoke
d) not to smoke
12) Come and . . . . . . . . . . . . badminton, Nam!
13) Timson . . . . . . . . . . 13 films and I think her latest is the best.
b) had made
c) has made
d) was making
14) My birthday is . . . . . . . . . . February 2nd.
15) You should learn your lesson . . . . . . . . . .
16) “The students went on a canoe trip yesterday.”
“I heard it was . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .”
d) an excitement
17) “Do you think your father will worry if we’re late?”
“Maybe we’d better . . . . . . . . . . . . . . him.”
b) be calling to
c) to call
d) will call
18) I said “Happy Birthday” before . . . . . . . . . . Lan a present.
b) will give
19) Tam . . . . . . . . . last night when the telephone . . . . . . . . . . .
c) was sleeping-rang
d) was sleeping-was ringing
20) “Would you like to go to the movie with me tonight?” “ - . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .”
a) Yes, please.
b) I’m sorry. I’d love to.
c) No, thanks.
d) Yes, I’d love to.
21) John doesn’t play tennis. David doesn’t play tennis.
a. Both John and David doesn’t play tennis.
b. Neither John nor David plays tennis.
c. Not either John or David plays tennis.
d. Not only John but also David doesn’t play tennis.
22) The coach said, “It’s time for you to go home, boys!”
a. The coach told the boys that it was time for you to go home.
b. The coach tells the boys that it was time for them to go home.
c. The coach told the boys that it is time for them to go home.
d. The coach told the boys that it was time for them to go home.
23) _____ the old man spoke very slowly and clearly, I couldn’t understand him at all.
24) She started learning English ten years ago.
a) She has not learnt English before.
b) She has started learning English for ten years.
c) She has learnt English for ten years.
d) She has learnt English since ten years.
25) They spent a lot of money on food and clothes.
a) A lot of money was spent on food and clothes.
b) A lot of money were spent on food and clothes.
c) A lot of money on food and clothes were spent.
d) A lot of money on food and clothes was spent.
26) There is a detective film _____ at the Thang Long Theater.
27) She got used to _______ her bike.
28) You need a good pair of paddles to play _____.
c) table tennis
29) Ha Long Bay is a _________.
a) World Natural Heritage.
b) Natural World Heritage.
c) World Cultural Heritage.
d) Cultural World Heritage.
30) A(n) ______ can take a patient to hospital quickly.
B) Complete the following sentences with an appropriate form of the word in brackets. (0) is an example for you.
31) Life is more . . . . . . . . . . now. (comfort)
32) Would you like to go . . . . . . . . . . . (swim)
33) He speaks French very . . . . . . . . . . . . (good)
34) Life in the city is . . . . . . . . . . . . . from life in the country. (difference)
35) Meat is not a . . . . . . . . . . food if we know how much to eat. (health)
36) These medicines can work well with your . . . . . . . . . (ill)
37) My sister has a beautiful . . . . . . . . . . . . . of stamp. (collect)
38) There was no . . . . . . . . . . for his absence from class yesterday. (explain)
C) Circle the italized portion of the sentence that is incorrect.
39) Some people grow (A) so taller (B) that (C) their health may (D) become endangered.
40) After said (A) goodbye to (B) my parents, I went (C) to school with (D) my sister.
41) The phone (A) rung (B) while I was washing (C) the dishes (D).
42) Henry’s friends (A) told themselves (B) to put his (C) coat on the rack in their (D) hall.
43) She isn’t (A) old enough (B) to done (C) this job (D).
44) Eight hundred years ago (A) Christmas songs are performed (B) for people in (C) towns and villages (D).
45) Would (A) you mind help (B) me solve these mathematics problems (C) ? I can hardly understand how (D) to do them.
46) She was having dinner (A) when (B) a man was coming and giving (C) her a bunch (D) of flowers.
D) Rewrite the following sentences without changing the meaning. (2,5ms)
47) The sister asked: “Are you hungry, Tom?”
- The sister __________________________________
48) A lot of effort has been put in the work by the little girl.
- The little girl ______________________________________
49) How long have you studied medicine?
- When ____________________________________
50) John was too ill to go to school.
- John wasn’t __________________________________
51) Tom is not as tall as Peter.
- Peter _______________________________________
E) Read the paragraphs below and the summary which follows
Air pollution is a cause of ill-health in human beings. In a lot of countries there are laws limiting the amount of smoke which factories can produce. Although there isn’t enuogh information on the effects of smoke in the atmosphere, doctors have proved that air pollution causes lung diseases.
The gases from the exhausts of cars have also increased air pollution in most cities. The lead in petrol produces a poisonous gas which often collects in busy streets surrounded by high buildings. Children who live in areas where there is a lot of lead in the atmosphere can’t think as quickly as other children and are clumsy when they use their hands.
There are other long-term effects of pollution. If the gases in the atmosphere continue to increase , the earth’s climate may become warmer. A lot of the ice near the Poles ma melt and may cause serious floods.
* Complete the summary by writing the correct word in each blank (write one word only.)
Air ___________ (52) can make people ___________ (53). Consequently, some countries pass ____________ (54) to control the quantity of ___________ (55) in the air. Air pollution causes particular damage to the body by harming the ___________ (56). _____________ (57) should not be used in petrol because it is bad for children’s _____________ (58) and makes them clumsy in using their hands. Poisonous gas from ____________ (59) collects in those parts of cities where there are tall buildings. Pollution can also have an influence on the earth’s ____________ (60). The ice may melt near the North and South Poles, resulting in very bad ____________ (61).
F) Read the following passage and choose the best answer:
Every year students in many countries learn English. Some of these students are young children. Others are teenagers. Many are adults. Some learn at school, others study by themselves. A few learn English just by hearing the language in films, on television, in the office or among their friends. But not many are lucky enough to do that. Most people must work hard to learn another language.
Many boys and girls learn English at school because it is one of their subjects. They study their own language, and mathematics… and English. In England, America or Australia, many boys and girls study their own language, which is English and mathematics… and another language, perhaps French or German or Spanish.
Many adults learn English, because it is useful for their work. Teenagers often learn English for their higher studies, because some of their books are in English at the college or university. Other people learn English because they want to read newspapers or magazines in English.
62) According to the writer . . . . . . . . . . . .
a) only adults learn English.
b) no children like to learn English.
c) English is useful only for teenagers.
d) English is popular in most of the world.
63) Most people learn English by. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
a) watching videos only.
b) hearing the language in the office.
c) talking with foreigners.
d) working hard on their lessons.
64) Many boys and girls learn English because . . . . . . . .
a) English can give them a job.
b) it is included in their study courses.
c) they are forced to learn it.
d) they have to study their own language.
65) In America or Australia many school children study . . . . . . . . .
a) English as a foreign language.
b) English and mathematics only.
c) such foreign languages as French, German and Spainish.
d) their own language and no foreign language.
66) Many adults learn English because . . . . . . . . . .
a) English is spoken in their office.
b) they want to go abroad.
c) most of their books are in English.
d) it helps them in their work.
Đáp án có trong file tải: Đề kiểm tra học sinh giỏi tiếng Anh lớp 8 có đáp án. Mời bạn đọc tham khảo thêm nhiều tài liệu ôn tập tiếng Anh 8 cả năm khác như: Để học tốt Tiếng Anh lớp 8, Đề thi học kì 1 lớp 8, Đề thi học kì 2 lớp 8, Bài tập Tiếng Anh lớp 8 theo từng Unit trực tuyến, ... được cập nhật liên tục trên VnDoc.com.