Đề thi thử học kì 1 lớp 11 môn tiếng Anh có đáp án
Đề thi học kì 1 lớp 11 môn tiếng Anh
VnDoc.com xin giới thiệu đến các bạn Đề thi thử học kì 1 lớp 11 môn tiếng Anh có đáp án được sưu tầm và đăng tải nhằm giúp các bạn có nguồn tài liệu hữu ích để thử sức và tập dượt, đánh giá năng lực cá nhân cũng như chuẩn bị các kĩ năng cần thiết cho kì thi học kì 1 sắp tới đây. Mời các bạn vào tham khảo.
Practice test 6
Choose the word whose underlined part is pronounced differently from that of the others:
1. A. longevity B. game C. guitarist D. agrarian
2. A. visited B. handicapped C. decided D. wanted
Choose the word whose stressed syllable is different from that of the others:
3. A. celebrate B. together C. successful D. activity
4. A. performance B. announce C. remember D. champion
Choose the best option to complete the following sentences:
5. If I_________ that there was a test yesterday, I would not be punished now.
A. had known B. have known C. knew D. would know
6. There is a good restaurant ______ .
A. to eat good food B. ate good food C. eaten good food D. eating good food
7. A ................... is a person that officially decides who is the winner of a competition.
A. participant B. sponsor C. poet D. judge
8. At Tet , many people go to pagoda to pray .……..….a happy new year.
A. of B. about C. for D. on
9. The old woman …………………………. the boy of breaking her window.
A. apologised B. thanked C. congratulated D. accused
10. They now regret ............... their son by giving him everything he asked for.
A. having been spoiled B.having spoiled C. to have spoiled D. to be spoiled
11. Jane expected ....................... to the university, but he wasn't.
A. admitting B. to admit C. being admitted D. to be admitted
12. _______ he was late, he stopped to buy a sandwich.
A. A. If B. So that C. Although D. Because
13. When she ………….the station, the train ……………………..
A. arrived/ went B. arrived/ had gone C. has arrived/ was going D. arriving/ has gone
14. Their homework needs _______ up again.
A. checking B. to check C. be checking D. checked
15. I am very pleased today because ………….... is late for work
A. everyone B. no one C. anyone D. someone
16. Only when I saw him yesterday_________ how old he is now.
A. A. that I realized B. I did realize C. did I realize D. I realized that
Mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the word or phrase that is CLOSEST in meaning to the underlined part in each of the following questions.
17. If petrol price go up any more, I shall have to use a bicycle.
A. ascend B. develop C. increase D. raise
18. My cousin tends to look on the bright side in any circumstance.
A. be optimistic B. be pessimistic C. be confident D. be smart
Mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the word or phrase that is OPPOSITE in meaning to the underlined part in each of the following questions.
19. I’m sorry I can’t come out this weekend – I’m up to my ears in work.
A. free B. very bored C. very scared D. very excited
20. He admitted breaking his mother's vase.
A. agreed B. regretted C. denied D. confessed
Choose the word or phrase whose underlined part needs correcting.
21. There were so much books in the library that I didn’t know which one to choose.
A. that B. There were C. to choose D. much
22. Having suffered from depression him as a teenager, Keven could understand how his son was feeling.
A. was feeling B. could C. him as D. having suffered
23. I am very happy to have received a donation with $1,000 from your company some days ago.
A. happy B. from C. to have received D. with
Mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the most suitable response to complete each of the following exchanges.
24. Two friends Diana and Anne are talking about their upcoming exams.
- Diana: “Our midterm exams will start next Tuesday, are you ready?”
- Anne: “__________________”
A. I’m half ready B. God save you C. Thank you so much D. Don’t mention it
25. Michael: “................................?”
John: “Well, she's not very beautiful. But she's got bright eyes and a very friendly smile.”
A. What are her personalities B. What does she look like
C. What does she like D. What is she look like
Read the following passage and mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the correct answer to each of the questions from 26 to 33.
Clara Barton became known as “The Angel of the Battlefield” during the American Civial War. Born in Oxford, Massachusetts in 1821, Clara Barton’s interest in helping soldiers on the battlefield began when she was told army stories from her father. Another event that influenced her decision to help soldiers was an accident her brother had. His injuries were cared for by Barton for 2 years. At the time, she was only 11 years old. Barton began teaching school at the age of 15. She taught for 18 years before she moved to Washington, D.C. in 1854.
The civil war broke out 6 years later. Immediately, Barton started was service by helping the soldiers with their needs. At the battle of Bull Run, Clara Barton received permission from the government to take care of the sick and hurt. Barton did this with great empathy and kindness. She acknowledged each soldier as a person. Her endurance and courage on the battlefield were admired by many. When the war ended in 1865, she used 4 years of her life to assist the government in searching for soldiers who were missing during the war.
The search for missing soldiers and years of hard work made her feeble physically. In 1869, her doctors recommended a trip to Europe for a rest. While she was on vacation, she became involved with the International Red Cross, an organization set up by the Geneva Convention in 1864. Clara Barton realized that the red Cross would be a big help to the United States. After she returned to the United States, she worked very hard to create an American red Cross. She talked to government leaders and let American people know about the Red Cross. In 1881, the Notional Society of the Red Cross was finally established with its headquarters in Washington, D.C. Clara Barton managed its activities for 23 years.
Barton never let her age stop her from helping people. At the age of 79, she helped flood victims in Galveston, Texas. Barton finally resigned from the Red Cross in 1904. She was 92 years old and had truly earned her titled “The Angel of the Battlefield”.
26. According to paragraph 1, which of the following is true of the young Clara Barton?
A. She helped her father when he was a soldier. B. She suffered from an accident when she was 11.
C. She helped her brother who hurt in an accident. D. She made a decision to live with her brother for 2 years.
27. The phrase broke out in paragraph 2 is closest in meaning to___________.
A. extended B. broke down C. closed D. began
28. The word this in paragraph 2 refers to___________.
A. recognized each soldier as a person B. cooked for soldiers
C. took care of the sick and hurt D. received permission
29. The word acknowledged in paragraph 2 could best be replaced by___________.
A. nursed B. recognized C. pleaded D. believed
30. What can be inferred about the government?
A. It did not always agree with Clara Barton. B. It did not have the money to hep Clara Barton.
C. It showed Clara Barton great empathy and kindness. D. It had respect for Clara Barton.
31. What does the author mention about the American Red Cross?
A. It was disapproved again and again by the Geneva Convention. B. Barton tried to have it set up in America.
C. The American people were not interested in the Red Cross. D. It was first established in the United States.
32. What is the main idea of the passage?
A. Clara Barton helped wounded soldiers and she was the founder of the Red Cross.
B. Clara Barton was a kind and strong woman who helped people in need.
C. Clara Barton became a nurse during the American Civil War.
D. Clara Barton worked for disaster victims until she was old.
33. What can be the best title of the reading passage?
A. The angel of the Battlefield B. The American Red Cross
C. The American Civil War D. The International Red Cross
Read the following passage and mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the correct answer to each of the questions from 34 to 40.
Rachel Carson was born in 1907 in springsdale, Pennsylvania. She studied biology in college and zoology at Jonhs Hopkins University, and received her master degree in 1933. In 1936, she was hired by the U.S Fish and Widlife Service, where she works most of her life.
Carson’s book, Under the Sea Wind, was publish in 1941. It received excellent reviews, but sales were poor until it was reissued in 1952. In that year, she published The Sea Around Us, which provided a fascinating look beneath the ocean’n surface, emphasizing human history as well as geology and marine biology. Her imagery and language had a poetic quality. Carson consulted no less than 1,000 printed sources. She had voluminous correspondence and frequent discussions with experts in the field. However, she always realized the limitations of her non technical readers.
In 1962, Carson published Silent Spring, a book that sparked considerable controversy. It proved how much harm was done by the uncontrolled, reckless use of insecticides. She detailed how they poison the food supply of animals, kill birds and fish, and contaminate human food. At the time, spokesmen for the chemical industry mounted personal attacks against Carson and issued propaganda to indicate that her findings were flawed. However, she work was vindicated by a 1963 report of the President’s Sciance Advisory Committee.
34. The passage mainly discusses Rachel Carson’s work______
A. as a researcher B. at college C. as a writer D. at the Fish and Wildlife Service
Để hỗ trợ các bạn có kì thi học kì 1 lớp 11 trọn vẹn, VnDoc.com không chỉ sưu tầm và đăng tải các học liệu môn tiếng Anh mà còn có học liệu của các môn Toán, Ngữ văn, Vật lý, Hóa học, Sinh học...thông qua Đề thi học kì 1, đề cương hay bài tập được tổng hợp từ các trường THPT và các thầy cô uy tín trên cả nước. Chúc các bạn học tập hiệu quả!