Đề thi thử THPT Quốc gia môn tiếng Anh năm 2017 trường THPT Việt Đức, Hà Nội có đáp án
Đề ôn thi THPT Quốc gia môn tiếng Anh
VnDoc.com xin giới thiệu đến các bạn Đề thi thử THPT Quốc gia môn tiếng Anh năm 2017 trường THPT Việt Đức, Hà Nội có đáp án do VnDoc.com sưu tầm và đăng tải nhằm giúp các bạn chuẩn bị thật kĩ trước khi bước vào kì thi chính thức đang đến rất gần. Sau đây mời các bạn vào tham khảo.
TRƯỜNG THPT VIỆT ĐỨC
ĐỀ THAM KHẢO THÁNG 5/2017
(Đề thi có 04 trang)
ĐỀ THI KHẢO SÁT THPT QUỐC GIA NĂM 2017
Môn: TIẾNG ANH
Thời gian làm bài: 60 phút, không kể thời gian phát đề
Mã đề thi : 521
ĐỀ THI GỒM 50 CÂU TRẮC NGHIỆM.
Mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the correct answer in each of the following questions.
1. She has just bought ____.
A. an old interesting painting French B. an interesting old French painting
C. a French interesting old paint D. a French old interesting painting
2. Although David was ____ after a day's work in the office, he tried to help his wife the household chores.
A. exhaustion B. exhaustive C. exhausting D. exhausted
3. My uncle wishes he _______time when he was young.
A. wouldn't waste B. hadn't wasted C. hasn't wasted D. didn't waste
4. Staying in a hotel costs _______ renting a room in a dormitory for a week.
A. as much as twice B. twice more than C. twice as D. twice as much as
5. We have been working hard. Let's ___ a break.
A. find B. take C. make D. do
6. Regional development activities have been carried out _______ ASEAN cooperation.
A. under B. into C. off D. for
7. _______ nonverbal language is _______ important aspect of interpersonal communication.
A. The/ a B. The/ Ø C. Ø/ an D. A/ the
8. Are there any interesting ____in the paper?
A. news B. new C. pieces of news D. piece of news
9. UNESCO was established to encourage _______ among nations in the areas of education, science, culture, and communication.
A. workforce B. independence C. employment D. collaboration
10. Only when you grow up _________ the truth.
A. will you know B. do you know C. you will know D. you know
11. "If I hadn't practiced when I was young," he says, "I __________able to play now."
A. won't be B. would be C. wouldn't have been D. wouldn't be
12. There were a lot people at the party, only few of ____ I had met before.
A. them B. who C. whom D. whose
Mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the word that is OPPOSITE in meaning to the underlined word(s) in each of the following questions.
13. The consequences of the typhoon were disastrous due to the lack of pre-cautionary measures.
A. beneficial B. damaging C. physical D. severe
14. Vietnam's admission to the World Trade Organization (WTO) has promoted its trade relations with other countries.
A. restricted B. boosted C. expanded D. balanced
Mark the letter A, B, C or D on your answer sheet to indicate the most suitable response to complete each of the following exchanges.
15. Cindy wanted to drive her best friend to have dinner at an Italian restaurant but her car couldn't start. Therefore, she had to borrow one from Nancy.
- Cindy: "Would you mind lending me your car?" - Nancy: "_______________."
A. Great B. Yes. Here it is C. Yes, let's D. No, not at all.
16. Minh and Lan are talking about Minh's boyfriend.
- Minh: "If only I hadn't lent him all my money!" -Lan: "_______."
A. Well, it's no use crying over spilt milk. B. I'm afraid. That's what you did.
C. All right. You'll be OK soon. D. Sorry, I can't help.
Mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the sentence that best combines each pair of sentences in the following questions.
17. My brother tried very hard to past the driving test. He could hardly pass it.
A. No matter how hard my brother tried, he could hardly pass the driving test.
B. Although my brother didn't try hard to past the driving test, he could pass it.
C. Despite being able to pass the driving test, my brother didn't pass it.
D. My brother tried very hard, so he passed the driving test satisfactorily.
18. Ann jogs every morning. It is very good for her health.
A. Ann jogs every morning and it is very good for her health.
B. Ann jogs every morning, which is very good for her health.
C. Ann jogs every morning and then it is very good for her health.
D. Ann jogs every morning that it is very good for her health.
Mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the word whose underlined part differs from the other three in pronunciation in each of the following questions.
19. A. pushed B. pleased C. punched D. packed
20. A. amuses B. raises C. blouses D. pleases
Mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the word that differs from the rest in the position of main stress in each of the following questions.
21. A. compliment B. prediction C. dependence D. disastrous
22. A. ambitious B. applicant C. essential D. performance
Read the following passage and mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the correct answer to each of the questions.
Coincident with concerns about the accelerating loss of species and habitats has been growing appreciation of the importance of biological diversity, the number of species in a particular ecosystem, to the health of the Earth and human well-being. Much has been written about the diversity of terrestrial organisms, particularly the exceptionally rich life associated with tropical rain-forest habitats. Relatively little has been said, however, about diversity of life in the sea even though coral reef systems are comparable to rain forests in terms of richness of life.
An alien exploring Earth would probably give priority to the planet's dominants, most-distinctive feature - the ocean. Humans have a bias toward land that sometimes gets in the way of truly examining global issues. Seen from far away, it is easy to realize that landmasses occupy only one-third of the Earth's surface. Given that two thirds of the Earth's surface is water and that marine life lives at all levels of the ocean, the total three-dimensional living space of the ocean is perhaps 100 times greater than that of land and contains more than 90 percent of all life on Earth even though the ocean has fewer distinct species.
The fact that half of the known species are thought to inhabit the world's rain forests does not seem surprising, considering the huge number of insects that comprise the bulk of the species. One scientist found many different species of ants in just one tree from a rain forest. While every species is different from every other species, their genetic makeup constrains them to be insects and to share similar characteristics with 750,000 species of insects. If basic, broad categories such as phyla and classes are given more emphasis than differentiating between species, then the greatest diversity of life is unquestionably the sea. Nearly every major type of plant and animal has some representation there.To appreciate fully the diversity and abundance of life in the sea, it helps to think small. Every spoonful of ocean water contains life, on the order of 100 to 100,000 bacterial cells plus assorted microscopic plants and animals, including larvae of organisms ranging from sponges and corals to starfish and clams and much more.
(Source: "Practice Exercises for the TOEFL: Test of English as a Foreign Language", Barron's online bookstore Amazon.com)
23. The word "there" in paragraph 3 refers to ______.
A. the Earth's surface B. the sea C. a tree D. the rain forests
24. The word "bias" in paragraph 2 is closest in meaning to ______.
A. prejudice B. concern C. disadvantage D. attitude
25. Which of the following conclusions is supported by the passage?
A. Ocean life is highly adaptive.
B. More attention needs to be paid to preserving ocean species and habitats.
C. Ocean life is primarily composed of plants.
D. The sea is highly resistant to the damage done by pollutants
26. Why does the author compare rain forests and coral reefs?
A. They are approximately the same size. B. Both have many different forms of life.
C. They share many similar species. D. Most of their inhabitants require water.
27. The passage suggests that most rain forest species are ______.
A. birds B. bacteria C. mammals D. insects
28. Which of the following is true about the ocean according to the passage?
A. It's 100 times greater than land. B. It contains more species than land.
C. It contains a vast majority of life on Earth. D. It occupies one-third of the Earth's surface.
29. The author argues that there is more diversity of life in the sea than in the rain forests because ______.
A. there are too many insects to make meaningful distinctions
B. marine life-forms reproduce at a faster rate
C. more phyla and classes of life are represented in the sea
D. many insect species are too small to divide into categories