Đề thi tiếng Anh học kì 1 lớp 10 năm 2019 - 2020
Đề thi học kì 1 tiếng Anh lớp 10 có đáp án
Đề kiểm tra môn tiếng Anh lớp 10 chương trình mới học kì 1 có đáp án dưới đây nằm trong bộ đề thi học kì 1 lớp 10 môn tiếng Anh năm 2019 - 2020 do VnDoc.com sưu tầm và đăng tải. Đề thi tiếng Anh học kì 1 lớp 10 được biên tập bám sát chương trình đã học giúp các em học sinh củng cố kiến thức Từ vựng - Ngữ pháp trọng tâm hiệu quả.
I. Circle A, B, C, or D that best completes each sentence or as directed. (3pts)
1. Choose the word which has the underlined part pronounced differently from the rest.
2. Choose the word which has the pronounced part pronounced differently from the rest.
3. Choose the word which is stressed differently from the rest.
4. Tom: “________” – Tony: “For three years.”
A. How often did you live here?
C. How long have you lived here?
B. How many years you lived here?
D. How far did you live here?
5. I have been fascinated by ________ since I was a little boy.
6. Our neighbours are very _________ on camping holidays.
7. Get a sofa in the living room? You’ll be lucky - there isn’t enough room to ________ in there.
A. lead a dog’s life
B. eat like a bird
C. swing a cat
D. get on a high horse
8. Marie Curie __________ the dream of a scientific career which was impossible for a woman at that time.
9. UNICEF __________ supports and funds for the most disadvantages children all over the world.
10. Ambulances arrived at the scene of the accident and took _________ to hospital.
A. the injured
B. the blind
C. the sick
D. the unemployed
11. I can’t stand travel __________ So, I hate travelling by car.
12. Choose the word that is CLOSEST in meaning to the underlined word.
The argument, although understandable, was not very convincing.
II. Supply correct verb tense and form. (1.5pts)
1. Mr. Pike ___________________ (teach) English at our school for 20 years before he retired last year.
2. Henry __________________ (live) in New York for ten years before he _______________ (move) to Chicago last month.
3. It was at the airport when he realised that he ___________________ (leave) his passport at home.
4. Who _________________ (lead) the conference tomorrow?
5. I can’t get used _____________________ (get) up so early. I’m tired all the time.
III. Read the passage and choose the best answer. (1.25pts)
Most people think that the older you get, the harder it is to learn a new language. That is, they believe that children learn more easily and efficiently than adults. Thus, at some point in our lives, maybe around age 12 or 13, we lose the ability to learn languages well. Is this idea a fact or myth?
Is it true that children learn a foreign language more efficiently than adults? On the contrary, research studies suggest that the opposite may be true. One report, on 2,000 Danish children studying Swedish, concluded that the teenagers learned more, in less time, than the younger children. Another report, on Americans learning Russian, showed a direct improvement of ability over the age range tested; that is, the ability to learn increased as the age increased, from childhood to adulthood.
There are several possible explanations for these findings. For one thing, adults know more about the world and therefore are able to understand meanings more easily than children. Moreover, adults can use logical thinking to help themselves see patterns in the language. Finally, adults have more self-discipline (self-control) than children.
All in all, it seems that the common idea that children are better language learners than adults may not be a fact, but a myth.
1. The main idea of the passage is ____________.
A. teenagers are more difficult to teach
B. Danish teenagers can learn Swedish faster than younger children
C. adults are more logical than children
D. the ability to learn languages increases with age
2. If most people’s idea of learning languages is true, people may lose ability to learn languages well ______.
A. at an early age
B. when they reach their twenties
C. at an old age
D. after they become young men
3. According to the passage, teenagers can learn a foreign language ___________ than younger children.
B. more efficiently
C. more slowly
D. more carefully
4. The reason why adults understand meanings more easily than children is that _______________.
A. adults have more self-discipline
B. adults like to play more than children
C. adults have more knowledge than children
D. adults accept new things more easily than children
5. Which of the following possible explanations for older student’s better achievement is NOT mentioned in the above passage?
A. Adults know more about the world
B. Adults can use logical thinking
C. Adults have more self-discipline
D. Adults can read better
IV. Fill in the blank with one suitable word. (1.25pts)
Louis Braille was born in 1809 in Coupvray. He was a French (1) _______ of the blind. He (2) ______ was blind from the age of three, and in 1818 he went to the National Institue for the Young Blind in Paris. Soon showing marked ability in both science and music, he became famous in Paris (3) ________ an organist and violoncenllist. In 1826 Braille began teaching the blind in the institue. Braille is known for his idea of (4) _________ the Barbier “point writing” system, used for coded army messages, to enable the blind to read. Point writing (5) __________ of embossed dots and dashes on cardboard; the Braille system derived from it is used successfully today, in slightly modified form, and in many countries.
V. Do as directed. (2.0pts)
1. Tom was seriously advised by his teacher, but he insisted in disturbing the class. (Sentence combination, using “although”)
2. We no longer live in the countryside now. (Complete the sentence)
We used __________________________________________________________.
3. Mike / offer / opportunity / study abroad / yesterday. (Sentence building)
4. Jill isn’t on the phone. It is difficult to contact her. (Rewrite, using “which” as a connector)
VII. Writing. (1.0pt)
In about 70 words, write a passage about the advantages of computers in your study.
I. Circle A, B, C, or D that best completes each sentence or as directed. (0.25 x 12 = 3pts)
1. D. flute
2. B. more
3. D. glorious
4. C. How long have you lived here?
5. D. photography
6. D. keen
7. C. swing a cat
8. A. harboured
9. B. provides
10. A. the injured
11. D. sickness
12. A. persuasive
II. Supply correct verb tense and form. (0.25 x 6 = 1.5pts)
1. had been teaching
2. had lived … moved
3. had left
4. will lead
5. to getting
III. Read the passage and choose the best answer. (0.25 x 5 = 1.25pts)
1. D. the ability to learn languages increases with age
2. A. at an early age
3. B. more efficiently
4. C. adults have more knowledge than children
5. D. Adults can read better
IV. Fill in the blank with one suitable word. (0.25 x 5 = 1.25pts)
V. Do as directed. (0.5 x 4 = 2.0pts)
1. Although Tom was seriously advised by his teacher, he insisted in disturbing the class.
2. We used to live in the countryside.
3. Mike was offered an opportunity to study abroad yesterday.
4. Jill isn’t on the phone, which makes it difficult to contact her.
VII. Writing. (1.0pt)
Opening, closing: 0.25pt.
Body: 0.75pt (ideas, language use, grammar, spelling)
Trên đây là Đề kiểm tra học kì 1 lớp 10 môn tiếng Anh có đáp án. Mời bạn đọc tham khảo thêm nhiều tài liệu Ôn tập Tiếng Anh lớp 10 chương trình mới khác như: Để học tốt Tiếng Anh lớp 10, Đề thi học kì 1 lớp 10, Đề thi học kì 2 lớp 10, Bài tập Tiếng Anh lớp 10 theo từng Unit trực tuyến,... được cập nhật liên tục trên VnDoc.com.