Đề thi tiếng Anh lớp 8 học kì 1 có file nghe
Đề thi học kì 1 tiếng Anh lớp 8 năm 2019 - 2020
Đề kiểm tra tiếng Anh lớp 8 chương trình mới học kì 1 có file nghe và đáp án dưới đây nằm trong bộ đề thi tiếng Anh học kì 1 lớp 8 năm 2019 - 2020 do VnDoc.com sưu tầm và đăng tải. Đề thi tiếng Anh lớp 8 với nội dung kiến thức bám sát Unit 1 - 6 giúp các em học sinh củng cố kiến thức Từ vựng - Ngữ pháp tiếng Anh 8 mới trọng tâm hiệu quả.
1. Listen to the tooth fairy customs in Spain and in Viet Nam. Decide if the statements are true (T) or false (F). Circle T or F. You will listen TWICE.
According to Vietnamese people, a lost tooth will be replaced by a gift.
Vietnamese children make a wish related to the mouse when they toss their teeth.
The lost tooth will be thrown onto the roof in Spain.
The lost tooth can be found under the pillow according to the Vietnamese custom.
A mouse is involved in the custom of both countries.
2. Listen to the story of Hans Christian Andersen's life and complete the notes. Fill each of the gaps with no more than THREE words and/or a number. You will listen TWICE.
A SHORT BIOGRAPHY OF HANS CHRISTIAN ANDERSEN
- 1805: Born in Odense, (1) ______________
- 1819: Travelled to Copenhagen and worked as (2) ______________
- (3) ______: Started writing fairy tales
- 1845: (4) ______________ of his stories became known to foreign audiences
- 1875: Died because of (5) ______________
1. Read the passage and answer the questions.
"Li xi" is an important part in Vietnam’s customs of Tet Festival, especially with children. It is a small amount of money that can bring good fortune to the upcoming year. However, "li xi" is not limited only on the first day, but can even last to the 9th or 10th day of Tet Festival, and given when the adults first met the kids.
Besides the money, the tiny red envelope also has its own meaning. It represents the secrecy and privacy to avoid comparison as adults want children to regard the money as the gift of New Year, instead of being jealous of receiving less than other kids. The red color, the most popular color appearing in Vietnamese festivals, signifies the prosperity and great luck according to Asian’s beliefs.
In the morning of the first day of Lunar New Year, children and parents will visit grandparents’ home, wishing for a happy new year and great health, showing respect and gratitude, and giving gifts. After that, it is grandparents and adults’ turn to give children lucky money to welcome their new age.
1. By whom is the custom loved most?
2. For how long can the custom be applied?
3. Why is a red envelope used?
4. What does the red color signify?
5. Why do adults give "li xi" to children?
2. Read the passage. Circle A, B or C to answer each question or complete each sentence.
The meaning of Mid-Autumn Day is rather different to that in China, though the Vietnamese also celebrate it by eating mooncakes. In Viet Nam the Mid-Autumn Festival is the happiest day for children, during which parents buy their children various kinds of lanterns and snacks.
There are also various activities held to celebrate the Mid-Autumn Festival in Viet Nam. The main activities include worshipping the God of Earth, and carrying carp-shaped lanterns.
Usually a worshipping platform is set up in the yard during Mid-Autumn night, on which mooncakes, fruits, and snacks are laid. Later family members sit to gether to eat the food while appreciating the moon.
It's also a tradition for the Vietnamese to light lanterns during the Mid-Autumn night. It is thought that if people walk at night with a carp lantern in hand, they will be safe from the carp spirit. Now, children hold various kinds of paper lanterns and play in the moonlight, while eating mooncakes during the evening of Mid-Autumn Day.
1. What is Vietnamese Mid-Autumn festival different from that of China in?
2. Parents buy children all of these things EXCEPT _________.
3. What are the main activities in Vietnamese Mid-Autumn Festival?
A. worshipping the God of Earth
B. carrying carp-shaped lanterns
C. Both A and B
4. Why do children carry a carp lantern?
A. To scare the carp spirit.
B. Because it is very beautiful.
C. To enjoy the moonlight better.
5. The word "hold" can be replaced by _________.
1. Complete the second sentence so that it means the same as the first. Use the word in brackets. You must not change the word. Write no more than THREE words.
Here is an example.
0. The bookshop is opposite the library.
_______________ a bookshop opposite the library. (THERE)
Answer: 0. There is
1. Herding buffaloes is more difficult than loading the rice. Loading the rice is ______________________ herding buffaloes. (EASY)
2. Life in a mountainous village is more boring than life in a big city.
Life in a big city is ______________________ life in a mountainous village. (INTERESTING)
3. People in the countryside are often more optimistic than those in the city.
People in the countryside often ______________________ than those in the city. (OPTIMISTIC)
4. Living in a modern town is noisier than living in a small village.
Living in a small village is ______________________ living in a modern town. (PEACEFUL)
5. Houses in this village have less furniture than those in the nearby city.
Houses in this city are ______________________ those in the nearby village. (BETTER)
Trên đây là Đề kiểm tra tiếng Anh 8 học kì 1 có đáp án. Mời bạn đọc tham khảo thêm nhiều tài liệu ôn tập Tiếng Anh 8 khác như: Để học tốt Tiếng Anh lớp 8, Đề thi học kì 1 lớp 8, Đề thi học kì 2 lớp 8, Bài tập Tiếng Anh lớp 8 theo từng Unit trực tuyến,.. được cập nhật liên tục trên VnDoc.com.