Đề thi tuyển sinh vào lớp 10 môn Tiếng Anh (Đề xuất) năm học 2015 - 2016 Sở GD-ĐT Vĩnh Phúc
Đề thi tuyển sinh vào lớp 10 môn Tiếng Anh (Đề xuất) năm học 2015 - 2016
Đề thi tuyển sinh vào lớp 10 môn Tiếng Anh (Đề xuất) năm học 2015 - 2016 Sở GD-ĐT Vĩnh Phúc là tài liệu ôn thi vào lớp 10 có kèm đáp án cụ thể cùng các dạng bài tập hay giúp các em học sinh ôn tập và củng cố kiến thức hiệu quả. Sau đây mời các em cùng làm bài nhé!
SỞ GD&ĐT VĨNH PHÚC
ĐỀ ĐỀ XUẤT
KỲ THI VÀO LỚP 10 THPT NĂM 2015 - 2016
ĐỀ THI MÔN: TIẾNG ANH
Thời gian làm bài: 60 phút, không kể thời gian giao đề
(Đề thi có 03 trang)
I. PHẦN TRẮC NGHIỆM (40 câu: 8,0 điểm)
Choose the word A, B, C or D whose underlined part is pronounced differently from the others.
1. A. reply B. many C. candy D. lovely
2. A. started B. landed C. kicked D. painted
3. A. reduce B. fence C. prevent D. receive
Choose the word A, B, C or D which is stressed differently from the others.
4. A. publication B. competition C. infection D. contribution
5. A. hobby B. reduce C. prison D. quarter
Mark the letter A, B, C or D on your answer sheet to choose the correct word or phrase to complete each sentence.
6. When he __________ here, Mark was always making mistakes.
A. works B. worked C. was working D. had worked
7. A great deal of tea __________ everyday in England.
A. drinks B. is drunk C. drink D. are drunk
8. Nam's father, _____________ is 78 years old, goes swimming everyday.
A. that B. who C. whose D. whom
9. It was _____________ a boring film that I left before the end.
A. so B. too C. very D. such
10. If we work hard, we will make this beach a clean and ___________ place again.
A. beauty B. beautifully C. beautiful D. beautician
11. The new teacher loves poems and __________ them by heart.
A. makes us to learn B. makes us learn C. make us to learn D. make us learn
12. You shouldn't stay at home so much. Go ___________ and make new friends.
A. out B. away C. on D. by
13. Unless he ________ hard, he ____________ the final exam.
A. studies/ won't pass B. studies/ will pass
C. doesn't study/ will pass D. doesn't study/ won't pass
14. Mathematics is a _______________ subject in school.
A. easy B. compulsory C. unimportant D. choice
15. My best friend, Tom, is a ____________.
A. newspaper reporter B. newspapers reporter
C. newspaper's reporter D. newspapers' reporter
16. I don't want much sugar in my coffee. Just _________, please?
A. a few B. little C. few D. a little
17. My father used ____________ heavily, but he doesn't smoke any longer.
A. to smoke B. to smoking C. smoke D. smoking
18. A: "_____________ do you go to the library?"
B: "Twice a week."
A. How long B. How far C. How often D. how much
19. I gave the poor boy some biscuits __________ he ate immediately.
A. , which B. which C. that D. ,that
20. As soon as Martin saw the fire, he _________ the fire apartment.
A. had telephoned B. was telephoning C. telephoned D. will telephone
21. They have planned to leave London ________ July 15th.
A. of B. in C. on D. at
22. ___________ it was so windy and cold, she went out without a coat.
A. However B. Despite C. In spite of D. Although
23. _______ weather is often cool in Sapa, Vietnam.
A. A B. The C. Some D. An
24. I like wearing jeans because jeans have never been out _________ fashion.
A. at B. on C. of D. by
25. It is sunny today. Let's play tennis, _____________?
A. won't we B. shall we C. will we D. shan't we
26. Peter: "Would you like to drink more coffee?"
A. Yes, I like it B. Yes, I'd love to
C. Yes, I like you D. No, I don't like
27. I am always busy. I wish I _________ more time to look after my family.
A. am having B. have C. had D. was having
28. I look forward to ________ from you and _________ good response from your company.
A. hearing/ seeing B. hear/ seeing C. hearing/ see D. hear/ see
29. This school is only for children ________ first language is not English.
A. that B. who C. whose D. which
30. Everyone in this school has to wear a uniform and so _______.
A. you do B. are you C. you are D. do you
Read the following passage extracted from Oxford Advanced Learner's Encyclopedic Dictionary and mark the letter A, B, C or D on your answer sheet to indicate the correct word for each of the blanks
In Britain, almost every day of the week has its own characteristic. Monday, for example, is seen as the most unpopular, _________ (31) it is the first day back at work after the weekend. It is also the day traditionally reserved for washing clothes, etc. Wednesday is often regarded as a half-way point in the week, and in many schools and colleges it is a half day when lessons finish ________ (32) lunch-time and the afternoon is set aside for sports. Friday is a favourite day as it marks the _________ (33) of the weekend, and on Friday nights many people go out to restaurants, theatres, pubs or discotheques. Saturday is normally associated with housework and going to town for shopping. Sunday, as a "day of rest", is traditionally associated with Christian worship. It is still treated in Britain as a day of relaxation, and people, and people often spend the day reading the Sunday newspapers, visiting friends, or eating a leisurely "Sunday lunch" with family or friends, either at home _________ (34) in a pub or restaurant. Although more services operate on Sundays than __________ (35), most shops are closed, no letters are delivered and there is limited public transport.
(Extracted from Oxford Advanced Learner's Encyclopedic Dictionary, P229, 1992)
31. A. but B. so C. yet D. as
32. A. in B. at C. on D. by
33. A. finish B. end C. start D. first
34. A. or B. nor C. and D. but
35. A. prior B. initially C. previously D. after
Read the following passage extracted from Oxford Advanced Learner's Encyclopedic Dictionary and mark the letter A, B, C or D on your answer sheet to indicate the correct answer for each of the questions
Christmas is the most important annual festival in both Britain and North America. In its origins, it combines the Christian celebration of the birth of Christ, on 25 December, with the ancient tradition of a winter feast during the darkest period of the year.
On Christmas day itself there is usually a celebration with family and friends, which includes a special Christmas meal of roast goose or turkey followed by Christmas pudding which is soaked in brandy and set alight. The table is specially decorated, usually with Christmas crackers, containing paper hats, riddles and other novelties. Port and nuts are often served after the meal. Other Christmas foods are mince pies and a special Christmas cake, a fruit-cake covered in marzipan and icing. Many people listen to the message broadcast by the Queen to people in Britain and the Commonwealth on Christmas day. The following day is called Boxing Day. It was formally the day when servants were given their "Christmas box", a gift or money from their employer. Many households still give Christmas boxes to the people who deliver their post, milk, newspapers, etc.
(Extracted from Oxford Advanced Learner's Encyclopedic Dictionary, P156, 1992)
36. The word "feast" is closest in meaning to __________.
A. a giant monster B. a special meal C. a big person D. a huge castle
37. In its origin, Christmas is held to celebrate ________________.
A. the birth of Christ B. the ancient tradition of a winter feast
C. December D. the birth of Christ and the ancient tradition of a winter feast
38. On Christmas day, the table is usually decorated with _________.
A. port and nuts B. roast goose or turkey, Christmas pudding
C. Christmas crackers D. mince pies and a special Christmas cake
39. On Christmas Day, who delivers the message to people in Britain and the Commonwealth?
A. Servants B. The Queen D. Employers D. Christ
40. When is the Boxing Day?
A. On 25 December B. On Christmas Eve
C. On 26th December D. On Christmas Day
B. PHẦN TỰ LUẬN
I. SENTENCE TRANSFORMATION
Complete the second sentence so that it has a similar meaning to the first one.
1. It is very useful to speak English fluently
Speaking English __________________________________.
2. He hasn't smoked for three years
He stopped ________________________________________.
3. My father has bought a new computer.
A new computer ___________________________________.
4. "Who phoned you yesterday, Lan?" said he.
He asked Lan ______________________________________.
5. In spite of the bad weather, they had a picnic.
II. PARAGRAPH WRITING
Write a paragraph of 120-150 words about the world you would like to live in in 2030.