Đề thi tuyển sinh vào lớp 10 THPT Chuyên môn Tiếng Anh (Đề chung) năm học 2015-2016 tỉnh Long An
Đề thi tuyển sinh vào lớp 10 THPT Chuyên môn Tiếng Anh
Đề thi tuyển sinh vào lớp 10 THPT Chuyên môn Tiếng Anh (Đề chung) năm học 2015-2016 tỉnh Long An có đáp án lđề thi chính thức củSở GD - ĐT Long An được đưrtrong kì tuyển sinh vào lớp 10 năm 2015-2016 sẽ giúp bạn ôn thi tốt hơn cho kỳ thi vào lớp 10 môn Tiếng Anh năm 2016 - 2017.
|SỞ GD&ĐT LONG AN|| |
KỲ THI TUYỂN SINH LỚP 10 THPT CHUYÊN LONG AN
NĂM HỌC 2015-2016
ĐỀ CHÍNH THỨC MÔN THI: TIẾNG ANH (KHÔNG CHUYÊN)
(Đề thi có 4 trang) Thời gian làm bài: 90 phút (không kể thời gian phát đề)
Lưu ý: Học sinh làm bài trên Phiếu trlời (Answer sheet), không làm bài trên đề thi này.
I. Choose the word or phrase (A, B, C or D) that best fits the space in each sentence. Write your answer on the answer sheet. (1.0 point)
1. Robert is going to be famous one day. He _____ in three movies already.
(A) appears (B) has appeared (C) is appearing (D) appeared
2. In the picture, the two lovers were talking _____ balcony.
(A) on (B) in (C) at (D) up
3. Today, many serious childhood diseases _____ by early immunization.
(A) prevent (B) can prevent (C) are preventing (D) can be prevented
4. - Where's Polly?
- She _____.
(A) studies in her room (B) has in her room studies
(C) is studying in her room (D) in her room is studying
5. We will lose this game _____ our team doesn't start playing better soon.
(A) although (B) but (C) if (D) unless
6. _____ problems in sailing in tropical seas is the coral reefs.
(A) One of the biggest (B) The biggest one
(C) Of the biggest one (D) There are the biggest
7. John never comes late, ______ he?
(A) is (B) isn't (C) does (D) doesn't
8. If Bwere rich, he _____ around the world.
(A) should travel (B) travelled (C) must travel (D) could travel
9. Hurricane Andrew swept through southern Florid_____ August 1992.
(A) on (B) in (C) at (D) since
10. Thomas has garden which is _____ mine.
(A) larger (B) the largest (C) as large as (D) more large
II. Reading comprehension
A. Read the text below and choose the correct word or phrase (A, B, C or D) for each space. Write your answer on the answer sheet. (2.5 points)
Planet earth is part of system of planets and their moons, as well as numerous asteroids and comets which (1) _____ around huge star - the Sun. The Sun itself (2) _____ of gas. Nuclear reactions inside its core (3) _____ the heat and light that make life on the Earth (4) _____. The Earth is the third of four small terrestrial (Earth like) planets (5) _____ orbit close to the Sun. Further out in our Solar System are four huge gas planets, while distant Pluto, (6) _____ planet, is made (7) _____ rock and ice. Our Earth is one of the ten planets that orbit the Sun - huge, burning-hot star in the center of our Solar System. The Solar System and all the stars in the (8) _____ are part of our galaxy - the Milky Way, which (9) _____ as many as 200 billions stars. Beyond our galaxy (10) _____ millions more galaxies. They all add together to make up the Universe.
1. (A) run (B) orbit (C) turn (D) walk
2. (A) consists (B) remains (C) includes (D) maintains
3. (A) produce (B) product (C) production (D) productive
4. (A) able (B) possibility (C) possible (D) ability
5. (A) who (B) where (C) what (D) which
6. (A) the smaller (B) smallest (C) the most smallest (D) the smallest
7. (A) from (B) of (C) for (D) in
8. (A) space (B) se (C) moon (D) sky
9. (A) consists (B) makes from (C) stays (D) contains
10. (A) is (B) are (C) to be (D) get
B. Read the text below to decide if each statement is true (T) or false (F). Write your answer on the answer sheet. (1.0 point)
HOW TO SAVE PETROL AND THE ENVIRONMENT
We are all aware of the need to protect the environment but sometimes it's difficult for us to do the right thing. For example, if you're motorist, the convenience of jumping in the car to go somewhere is balanced against the knowledge of how harmful each journey can be. But did you know that making few simple changes to your driving habits will not only do less damage to our world but will also save you money and could even be good for your health?
Do you really need to take the car?
Try making more use of public transport. If the service is frequent and reliable, you'll soon get used to using buses and trains. In fact, for shorter journeys, why not take the opportunity to get into shape and go on foot?
Share the journey
How often do you see cars with just one occupant and the driver is making the same journey as others living nearby? Why not car share and half the cost of the journey? There are several websites where people can swap details and make arrangements to meet up.
Change your habits
When you must use the car, plan your journey so you can go to all the places you need to visit instead of taking the car out again and again. If you get caught in traffic jam, switch off the engine when you're stationary for long time. Try not to brake too sharply or accelerate too quickly as this will lead to you using up more fuel. On cold mornings, don't warm up the engine before you start your journey and when you next put fuel in your car, think about whether you really need to fill up the tank. All that extrweight will put more pressure on the engine.
Make sure you carry out basic maintenance like checking the tire pressure regularly. Finally, keep your car regularly serviced so that it runs as efficiently as possible.
Steps like this will save you money and help you do your bit to protect the environment.
Changing the way you drive has more than one benefit.
You should walk when going somewhere nearby.
If you travel with someone else, it will save you money.
You should plan to make lots of short journeys rather than one long journey.
III. Use the correct form of the word given in each sentence. Write your answer on the answer sheet. (1.0 point)
1. In 1978, young pilot and his plane _____ after sighting UFO, and they can never be found again. (APPEAR)
2. When coming to New Zealand, Albert was impressed by the beauty of the country and the _____ of its people. (FRIENDLY)
3. Although there are many _____ throughout the year, Tet is the most important festival for Vietnamese people. (CELEBRATE)
4. The advantage of living in the countryside is that the air is _____. (POLLUTE)
IV. Use the correct tense or form of the verb given. Write your answer on the answer sheet. (2.0 points)
1. We are very worried that poisonous gases (pump) _____ into the atmosphere every day.
2. If we use energy-saving bulbs, we (save) _____ lot of money.
3. While Henry (walk) _____ in the mountain, he saw bear.
4. I wish I (not, be) _____ an only child. It would be great to have brothers and sisters.
5. The librarian asked us (not, make) _____ so much noise.
6. John (have) _____ this bike since his eleventh birthday.
7. Tom spent three months (learn) _____ to play the piano.
8. The flowers (wrap) _____ in yellow paper are 5 dollars.
V. Complete the second sentence so that it has similar meaning to the first one. Write your answer on the answer sheet. (2.5 points)
1. The last time it snowed here was six years ago.
It hasn't _________________________________________________.
2. "Do you like watching documentary?" he said to me.
He asked me ______________________________________________.
3. It is raining, so I can't go out with my friends.
If it _____________________________________________________.
4. The scientist has won the Nobel Prize because he discovered new planet.
The scientist who __________________________________________.
5. No one has used this machine for some years.
This machine _____________________________________________.
Giám thị coi thi không giải thích gì thêm.
Họ tên thí sinh: . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Số báo danh: . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Chữ ký Giám thị 1: . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .