Đề thi tuyển sinh vào lớp 10 THPT Chuyên môn Tiếng Anh tỉnh Hưng Yên năm 2014 - 2015
Đề thi tuyển sinh vào lớp 10 môn Tiếng Anh chuyên tỉnh Hưng Yên năm 2014 - 2015 có đáp án là tài liệu tham khảo hữu ích dành cho các bạn học sinh đang có ý định thi vào lớp 10 THPT chuyên. Với đề thi này, các bạn sẽ làm quen và có hướng ôn tập tốt nhất cho kỳ thi tuyển sinh lớp 10 vào trường chuyên sắp tới. Mời các bạn tham khảo.
Đề thi tuyển sinh vào lớp 10 THPT Chuyên môn Tiếng Anh
SỞ GIÁO DỤC VÀ ĐÀO TẠO
ĐỀ CHÍNH THỨC
KỲ THI TUYỂN SINH VÀO LỚP 10 THPT CHUYÊN
NĂM HỌC 2014 - 2015
Môn thi: TIẾNG ANH
(Dành cho tất cả thí sinh)
Thời gian làm bài: 60 phút
I/ (1,0 point) Choose the word in each group that has the underlined part pronounced differently from the rest. Write A, B, C or D on your answer sheet.
1. A. Claimed B. Warned C. Occurred D. Existed
2. A. Grade B. Replace C. Want D. Parade
3. A. Health B. Ready C. Heavy D. Appear
4. A. Huge B. Garage C. Villagers D. Dangerous
5. A. Sugar B. Sight C. Source D. Sale
II/ (3,0 points) Choose the best word or phrase to complete the following sentences. Write A, B, C or D on your answer sheet.
1. We were having dinner _______ the telephone rang.
A. when B. while C. until D. since
2. I don’t like the place _______ he lives.
A. that B. which C. where D. what
3. Do you find the internet ______, Nam?
A. use B. useful C. used D. usefully
4. He drives very _____ and has caused two accidents this year.
A. careless B. carefully C. carelessly D. careful
5. The government hopes to _________ its plans for introducing the cable TV.
A. turn out B. carry out C. carry on D. keep on
6. He used to _________ full time, but now he is a part time worker.
A. working B. worked C. works D. work
7. She has just taken the examination ______ Maths.
A. for B. at C. on D. in
8. Let’s wait_______ the rain stops.
A. before B. after C. when D. until
9. This soup tastes_______ that I can’t eat it.
A. so sweetly B. too sweetly C. so sweet D. very sweet
10. Give me your telephone number_______ I need your help.
A. in case B. so that C. unless D. whether
11. I finally finished _______ at 7 p.m and served dinner.
A. cooking B. being cooked C. to cook D. to be cooked
12. We believe the new program will be _______to everyone.
A. beneficially B. benefit C. beneficial D. beneficiary
13. You hardly watch science fiction films, _________?
A. don’t you B. do you C. are you D. aren’t you
14. He denied ________the shop.
A. breaking into B. break into C. broke into D. to break into
15. He is often _______ to the cinema on the weekend.
A. taken B. take C. taking D. to take
III/ (1,5 points) Read the passage and choose the best option A, B, C or D to answer the question. Write your answers on the answer sheet.
One of the most urgent environmental problems in the world today is the shortage of clean water. Having clean drinking water is a basic human right. But acid rain, industrial pollution and garbage have made many sources of water undrinkable. Lakes, reservoirs and even entire seas have become vast pools of poison. Lake Baikal in Russia is one of the largest lakes in the world. It contains a rich variety of animals and plants, including 1,300 rare species that do not exist anywhere else in the world. But they are being destroyed by the massive volumes of industrial wastes which pour into the lake every day. Even where law existed, the government did not have the power to enforce them. Most industries simply ignore the regulations. The Mediterranean Sea occupies 1% of the world’s water surface. But it is the dumping ground for 50% of all marine pollution. Almost 16 countries regularly throw industrial wastes a few miles off shore.
Water is free to everyone. A few years ago people thought that the supply of clean water in the world was limitless. Today, many water supplies have been ruined by pollution and sewage. Clean water is now scarce, and we are at last beginning to respect this precious source. We should do something now.
1. One environmental problem in the world today is ________.
A. acid rain B. safe water shortage
C. industrial pollution D. population explosion
2. Which of the following is NOT the reason that makes water undrinkable?
A. acid rain B. garbage C. industrial pollution D. high cost
3. What is a serious problem of Lake Baikal in Russia?
A. It contains a rich variety of animals and plants.
B. It is polluted by massive volumes of industrial wastes discharged into it.
C. It has 1,300 rare species that do not exist anywhere else in the world.
D. The government did not have the power to enforce laws and regulations.
4. How many countries throw industrial wastes into the Mediterranean Sea regularly?
A. exactly 16 B. exactly 15 C. nearly 16 D. less than 15
5. What is the message to the readers?
A. We should take action to protect our water resources.
B. We should take all water resources into account.
C. We should limit the use of water resources.
D. We should encourage people to use safe water.
Đáp án đề thi tuyển sinh vào lớp 10 THPT Chuyên môn Tiếng Anh
I/ (1,0 điểm) Mỗi đáp án chọn đúng được 0,2 điểm.
* Lưu ý: Thí sinh chỉ cần viết đáp án A, B, C hoặc D
1. D. existed 2. C. want 3. D. appear 4. B. garage 5. A. sugar
II/ (3,0 điểm) Mỗi đáp án đúng được 0,2 điểm.
* Lưu ý: Thí sinh chỉ cần viết đáp án A, B, C hoặc D
1. A. when 2. C. where 3. B. useful 4. C. carelessly 5. B. carry out
6. D. work 7. D. in 8. D. until 9. C. so sweet 10. A. in case
11. A. cooking 12. C. beneficial 13. B. do you 14.A. breaking into 15. A. taken
III/ (1,5 điểm) Mỗi đáp án chọn đúng được 0,3 điểm.
1. B 2. D 3. B 4. C 5. A
IV/ (1,5 điểm) Mỗi đáp án đúng được 0,3 điểm.
1. from 2. written 3. because/as/since
4. number 5. right
V/ (1,5 điểm) Mỗi câu viết đúng được 0,3 điểm.
1. No one in our club// can speak English// as fluently as Mai.
2. How long does it// usually take you// to do your homework ?
3. There are(were) so many chickens// in the garden// that I can’t(couldn't) count them all.
4. If you stay up late,// you’ll be tired tomorrow.
5. I look(am looking) forward to hearing // from my mother in Singapore.
* Trong tổng câu viết, nếu thí sinh có sai sót phần nào, giám khảo từ điểm thành phần của phần đó.
VI/ (1,5 điểm) Mỗi câu viêt đúng được 0,3 điểm.
1. Hoa is said // to have bought this shop last year.
2. In spite of being tired,// the poor farmer didn’t stop working.
3. Mr. Brown, whose team has lost the game,// looks very sad.
4. Tom advised Daisy to take a break.
5. He spends 2 hours// doing his homework every day.
Trong tổng câu viết lại, nếu thí sinh có sai sót phần nào, giám khảo từ điểm thành phần của phần đó.