Đề thi vào lớp 10 môn Tiếng Anh (Điều kiện) năm học 2016 - 2017 trường THPT Chuyên Nguyễn Huệ, Hà Nội (Lần 1)
Đề thi thử vào lớp 10 môn Tiếng Anh có đáp án
Trong bài viết này, VnDoc xin giới thiệu Đề thi vào lớp 10 môn Tiếng Anh (Điều kiện) năm học 2016 - 2017 trường THPT Chuyên Nguyễn Huệ, Hà Nội (Lần 1) với nhiều dạng bài tập hay dành cho các em học sinh ôn tập kiến thức. Sau đây mời các em cùng làm bài nhé!
TRƯỜNG THPT CHUYÊN NGUYỄN HUỆ
ĐỀ THI CHÍNH THỨC
ĐỀ KIỂM TRA KIẾN THỨC VÀO LỚP 10 THPT CHUYÊN
Môn thi: TIẾNG ANH (ĐIỀU KIỆN)
Ngày thi: 13 tháng 3 năm 2016
Thời gian làm bài: 120 phút (Đề thi gồm 06 trang)
PART ONE: PHONETICS – GRAMMAR & VOCABULARY (55 pts)
I. Questions 1-5: Choose the word whose underlined part is pronounced differently from that of the others by circling A, B, C or D and write your answers into the box below. (5.0 pts)
1. A. there B. appear C. wear D. prepare
2. A. climate B. comprise C. notice D. divide
3. A. kicked B. fixed C. pleased D. missed
4. A. ring B. benefit C. wander D. wonderful
5. A. slavery B. last C. guest D. towards
II. Questions 6-25: Circle the best option (A, B, C or D) to complete each of the following sentences and write your answers into the box below. (20 pts)
6. That famous book _______ of five chapters.
A. comprises B. makes C. has D. consists
7. He used to _______ his living by delivering vegetables to city hotels.
A. earn B. gain C. get D. make
8. The shop promised to keep the goods for me if I _______ a deposit.
A. made B. paid C. gave D. left
9. We'll play tennis and _______ we'll have lunch.
A. so B. so that C. then D. after
10. Nobody was injured in the accident, _______?
A. was he B. wasn't he C. were they D. weren't they
11. I wouldn't like to have _______ a snake or a spider as a pet.
A. neither B. both C. nor D. either
12. _______ being ill, she still went to class yesterday.
A. Even though B. Despite C. Because D. Since
13. On the _______ to the town, there is a beautiful wood.
A. way B. direction C. street D. entrance
14. We should try to study hard to _______ our knowledge.
A. better B. farther C. lessen D. strengthen
15. I didn't _______ her as she was wearing a blond wig.
A. perceive B. know C. realize D. recognize
16. Women's Aid is a UK charity _______ aim is to end domestic violence against women and children.
A. who B. whose C. which D. whom
17. Passover is also an _______ spring festival.
A. ancient B. anxious C. annual D. official
18. The two friends always back _______ up in everything they do.
A. each other B. one another C. themselves D. ourselves
19. Dinosaurs are believed to _______ millions of years ago.
A. have gone out B. have died out C. have run off D. died out
20. –"I'm taking my first exam next week." –"______."
A. Cheers B. Good luck C. Well done D. Congratulations
21. – "Something is worrying me?" – "_______"
A. Well, what are you doing? B. Well, tell me who's that?
C. Well, tell me what's worrying you? D. Well, I know.
22. Wait _______ you get home before you unpack your parcel.
A. during B. until C. when D. after
23. The hotel has been built on the _______ of the lake.
A. border B. boundary C. edge D. front
24. _______ does it take you to do the washing?
A. How fast B. What time C. How often D. How long
25. Due to bad weather, the picnic has been _______ until next Sunday.
A. put off B. taken off C. put down D. switched off
III. Questions 26-35: Use the correct form of the words in brackets to complete sentences and write your answers into the box below. (10 pts)
26. Recently, health foods have increased in _______. (POPULAR)
27. She presented her ideas clearly and _______. (LOGIC)
28. Nowadays _______ knowledge of English can be a problem in business. (SUFFICIENCY)
29. Sorry about the mistakes, I _______ the instruction you gave me. (UNDERSTAND)
30. He is interested in the _______ of old building. (PRESERVE)
31. Housework has _______ been regarded as women's work. (TRADITION)
32. The whole country is trying to get rid of _______. (POOR)
33. We will live happier and _______ life if we keep our environment clean. (HEALTH)
34. It is _______ of you to cheat in the exam. (HONEST)
35. _______ is now a serious problem in many countries. (FOREST)
IV. Questions 36-45: Put the verbs in brackets into the correct form or tense and write your answers into the box below. (10 pts)
- He (36. wear) _______ the same old coat since he (37. move) _______ here.
- A lot of people (38. kill) _______ by AIDS recently, and I wish nobody (39. die) _______ any more.
- After (40. stop) _______ by the police, the man admitted (41. steal) _______ the car but denied driving at 100 miles an hour.
- We (42. have) _______ our house (43. repair) _______ next month.
- My sister is going to graduate from Hanoi University in July. By then, I (44. complete) _______ my entrance examination.
- His doctor advised (45. cut) _______ down on the amount of fat food.
V. Questions 46-55: Fill each gap with a suitable preposition to complete each of the sentences. (10 pts)
46. Wearing uniforms helps poor students feel equal _______ others.
47. He made a good impression _______ his first day at work.
48. Egypt is famous _______ ancient Pyramids.
49. Where is Anna? She should be here _______ now.
50. There are usually a lot of parties _______ New Year's Eve.
51. They revealed that he had supplied terrorist organization _____ weapons.
52. The certificates can be exchanged _______ goods in any of our stores.
53. We plan to impose limitations _______ the use of cars in the city.
54. Their stated aim was to free women _______ domestic slavery.
55. I think they've gone to the airport to see their boss _______.
PART TWO: READING (25 pts)
I. Questions 56-65: Read the passage carefully, then fill in each blank with ONE suitable word and write your answers into the box below. (10 pts)
People appear to learn in different ways. Some people expect to make mistakes in their studies and are capable (56) _______ benefiting from their mistakes. They don't mind (57) _______ corrected by their teacher and indeed often ask to be corrected.
Others, (58) _______, dislike making mistakes. They try to avoid doing anything (59) _______ they might do badly. They would (60) _______ perfect something in small steps and be sure they have got it right than attempt to do task (61) _______ on a subject they don't feel they have finished exploring yet.
Both (62) _______ of learning seem to be equally valid, but a combination of the two may be the (63) _______ solution. In order to learn effectively, students have to remember to take risk sometimes. But they also have to feel comfortable and secure with (64) _______ they're doing so as not to become demotivated. All students should at (65) _______ think about questioning the way that they approach learning.
II. Questions 66-75: Read the text below and decide which answer A, B, C or D best fits each numbered blank and write your answers into the box below. (10 pts)
Earth is the only (66) _______ we know of in the universe that can support human life. (67) _______ human activities are making the planet less fit to live on. As the western world (68) _______ on consuming two-thirds of the world's resources while half of the world's population do so (69) _______ to stay alive, we are rapidly destroying the very resource we have by which all people can survive and prosper. Everywhere fertile soil is (70) _______ built on or washed into the sea. Renewable resources are exploited so much that they will never be able to recover completely. We discharge pollutants into the atmosphere without any thought of the consequences. As a (71) _______ the planet's ability to support people is being reduced at the very time when rising human numbers and consumption are (72) _______ increasingly heavy demands on it. The Earth's natural resources are there for us to use. We need food, water, air, energy, medicines, warmth, shelter and minerals to (73) _______ us fed, comfortable, healthy and active. If we are sensible in how we use the resources they will (74) _______ indefinitely. But if we use them wastefully and excessively they will soon run (75) _______ and everyone will suffer.
66. A. situation B. place C. position D. site
67. A. Although B. Still C. Yet D. Despite
68. A. continues B. repeats C. carries D. follows
69. A. already B. just C. for D. entirely
70. A. sooner B. neither C. either D. rather
71. A. development B. result C. reaction D. product
72. A. doing B. having C. taking D. making
73. A. hold B. maintain C. stay D. keep
74. A. last B. stand C. go D. remain
75. A. out B. off C. over D. down
III. Questions 76-80: Read the following passage and choose the correct answer (A, B, C or D). Write your answers into the box below. (5pts)
Each nation has many good people who take care of others. For example, some high school and college students in the United States often spend many hours as volunteers in hospitals, orphanages or homes for the aged. They read books to the people in these places, or they just visit them, play games with them or listen to their problems.
Other young volunteers work in the homes of people who are sick or old. They clean up their houses, do their shopping or mow their lawns. For boys who no longer have fathers, there is an organization called Big Brothers. College students and other men take these boys to baseball games or on fishing trips and help them to get to know things that boys usually learn from their fathers.
Some high school students take part in helping disadvantaged or handicapped children. They give care and comfort to them and help them to overcome their difficulties. Young college and university students participate in helping the people who have suffered badly in wars or natural disasters. During summer vacations, they volunteer to work in remote mountainous areas to provide education for children. Each city has a number of clubs where boys and girls can go to play games or learn craft. Some of these clubs show movies or organize short trips to interest. Most of these clubs use a lot of high school and college students as volunteers because they are young enough to remember the problems of younger boys and girls.
Volunteers believe that some of the happier people in the world are those who help to bring happiness to others.
76. Volunteers usually help those who are sick or old in their homes by _______.
A. moving the lawns, doing shopping and cleaning up their houses
B. telling them stories, and singing and dancing for them
C. cooking, sewing or washing their clothes
D. taking them to the baseball games
77. Big Brother is _______.
A. the name of a club B. a home for children who have no brothers
C. the name of a team D. an organization for boys who no longer have fathers
78. Most of the boys' and girls' club use many high school and college students as volunteers because _______.
A. they have a lot of free time
B. they can understand the problems of younger boys and girls
C. they know how to the work
D. they are good at playing games and learning crafts
79. Volunteers believe that _______.
A. in order to make others happy, they have got to be happy
B. the happiest people in the world are those who make themselves happy
C. the happiest people in the world are those who are young and healthy
D. bringing happiness to others makes them the happiest people in the world
80. What is the best title for the passage?
A. Taking care of others B. Volunteers: the happiest people in the world
C. Voluntary work in the United States D. Helping old and sick people in the United States