Đề thi vào lớp 10 môn Tiếng Anh (Điều kiện) năm học 2016 - 2017 trường THPT Chuyên Nguyễn Huệ, Hà Nội (Lần 3)
Đề thi vào lớp 10 môn Tiếng Anh
Đề thi vào lớp 10 môn Tiếng Anh (Điều kiện) năm học 2016 - 2017 trường THPT Chuyên Nguyễn Huệ, Hà Nội (Lần 3) là tài liệu ôn thi vào lớp 10 cực hay có kèm đáp án cụ thể giúp các em học sinh ôn tập hiệu quả. Sau đây mời các em cùng thử sức nhé!
TRƯỜNG THPT CHUYÊN
ĐỀ THI CHÍNH THỨC
ĐỀ KIỂM TRA KIẾNTHỨC VÀO LỚP 10 THPT CHUYÊN
Môn thi: TIẾNG ANH (Điều kiện)
Ngày thi: 08 tháng 05 năm 2016
Thời gian làm bài: 120 phút
(Đề thi gồm: 07 trang)
- Thí sinh điền đáp án vào khung kẻ trống trong đề.
- Thí sinh không được sử dụng bất kỳ loại tài liệu nào kể cả từ điển và điện thoại.
- Giám thị không giải thích gì thêm
PART I - PHONETICS, GRAMMAR AND VOCABULARY (5.5 pts)
I. Circle the word whose underlined part is pronounced differently from that of the others. (0.5 pt)
1. A. dead B. leave C. creature D. teacher
2. A. succeed B. accept C. account D. accident
3. A. energy B. baggy C. deny D. primary
4. A. birthday B. within C. mouth D. thing
5. A. cause B. clause C. audience D. laugh
II. Circle the best option (A, B, C or D) to complete each of the following sentences. (2.0 pts)
6. They all laughed because the film was very_______.
A. amused B. amuse C. amusement D. amusing
7. His father, _______is a university professor, is very generous.
A. who B. that C. which D. whom
8. John bought a new dictionary, but he didn't tell me how much_______.
A. did it cost B. it costs C. has it cost D. it cost
9. Here's some iced tea. - This is too sweet_______to guests.
A. to serve B. for serving C. to serve it D. serve
10. In addition_______the news, television provides us with variety of programmes that can satisfy_______taste.
A. to/ every B. to/ each C. for/ every D. for/ all
11. I don't like to ask people for help as a rule but I wonder if you could_______me a favour.
A. make B. pick C. do D. find
12. When you_______the intersection of Fifth Road and Broadway, turn right.
A. come B. get C. reach D. arrive
13. I haven't seen Tom_______he got married.
A. before B. until C. since D. although
14. Your grandfather is rather tired so do not_______your visit.
A. prolong B. lengthen C. delay D. shorten
15. The doctor told him to keep_______sweets and chocolate to lose weight.
A. at B. back C. up D. off
16. They'll never_______to get here by six - the roads are quite busy today.
A. manage B. arrive C. succeed D. able
17. The meeting had been cancelled_______the chairman's absence.
A. because B. because of C. despite D. although
18. The teacher told us_______an essay and_______any mistake.
A. to write/ not to do B. to write/ not to make
C. write/ not to do D. to write/ to make
19. If he_______the music so loud, the neighbours wouldn't have called the police.
A. has played B. didn't play C. was playing D. hadn't played
20. She wondered_______her only son was then.
A. where B. if C. whether D. what
21. _______schooling is compulsory in Australia between_______ages of six and seventeen.
A. The/ Ø B. The/ the C. Ø/ the D. A/ an
22. It is found that endangered species are often concentrated in areas that are poor and densely populated, such as much of Asia and Africa.
A. disappeared B. increased C. reduced D. threatened
23. The children don't like living in the countryside, _______?
A. do the children B. don't they C. don't the children D. do they
24. "I suggest fixing the dripping faucet." - "_______"
A. We will B. Good idea C. I'm afraid not D. Yes, please
25. Televisions, dishwashers and refrigerators are electrical_______.
A. appliances B. tools C. things D. households
III. Complete the sentences by using the correct form of the words in brackets. (1.0 pt)
26. Students have a________between studying English or Russian. (CHOOSE)
27. He has overcome his difficulties with courage and________. (DETERMINE)
28. I live alone and I don't have many________. (VISIT)
29. There should be parking spaces for the________. (DISABLE)
30. Robin Hood is a_______hero who lived in Sherwood Forest in Nottingham. (LEGEND)
31. He was extremely________of her public image. (PROTECT)
32. All the________in the conference had an opportunity to speak. (PARTICIPATE)
33. What's your nationality? - I'm a________. (JAPAN)
34. The recent floods cause________damage. (WIDE)
35. The police recovered the________jewelry yesterday. (STEAL)
IV. Use the correct form of the verbs in brackets to complete the sentences. (1.0 pt)
36-37. If I (have)________wings, I (have to, not)________take an airplane to fly home.
38-39. Peter (drive)________ towards Victoria Point when he (lose)________control of his vehicle.
40-41. I (go)________to Toronto last year for business. I (go)________there several times since then.
42-43. I didn't feel like (talk)_______to him after what (happen)_______.
44. It takes a long time (learn)________a foreign language.
45. The names of the winners (give)________out on the radio 2 hours ago.
V. Fill each gap with a suitable preposition to complete each of the sentences. (1.0 pt)
46. It was only________accident when I found out who the man really was.
47. Next month I'm going to Scotland________a short holiday.
48. Long skirts are_______fashion nowadays.
49. I don't care________money. It is not important to me.
50. I'll be moving to a new address________the end of September.
51. I didn't have any money on me, so I paid________cheque.
52. She broke the eggs carefully_______the bowl.
53. I don't feel well, but I don't know what's the matter________me.
54. Do you know any songs________the Beatles?
55. They have complained________the council about the noise.
PART II - READING (2.5 pts)
I. Read the passage and fill each gap with ONE suitable word. (1.0 pt)
A national park is a large piece of land in (56)________animals are free to come and go. Trees and (57)________grow everywhere. People go to a national park to (58)________nature. Many people stay in campgrounds in natural parks. They sleep in tents and cook (59)________food over campfires. They also walk (60)________trails or paths in the park.
Yellowstone is the world's oldest (61)________park. It became a national park in 1872. It is (62)________the world's largest park. Yellowstone is (63)________for its geysers. These holes in the ground shoot hot water into the air. There are about seventy geysers in the park. The most famous is Old Faithful. About (64)________hour Old Faithful shoots hot water hundreds of feet into the air.
Two and a half million people visit this beautiful park each year. Visitors are not allowed to pick the flowers. They (65)_______ not feed or hunt the animals, either.
II. Read the text below and circle the option (A, B, C or D) that best fits each gap. (1.0 pt)
HOLIDAYS THAT DON’T COST THE EARTH
The tourist industry is considered to be the world's largest industry. Before 1950 about one million people (66)________abroad each year (67)________by the 1990s the figure had (68)________to over 400 million every year.
(69)________large numbers of tourists, however, are beginning to cause problems. For example, in the Alps the skiers are destroying the mountains (70)________came to enjoy. Even parts of Mount Everest in the Himalayas are reported to be covered (71)________old tins, tents and food that have been (72)________away.
But at a time when we have greater freedom to travel (73)________ever before, more and more people are asking how they can enjoy their holiday (74)________causing problems by spoiling the countryside.
Now there is a new holiday guide called Holidays That Don’t Cost The Earth. It (75)________you how you can help the tourist industry by asking your travel agent or your tour operator the right questions before you go on holiday.
66. A. traveled B. came C. sailed D. were
67. A. as B. because C. but D. when
68. A. gone B. flown C. risen D. raised
69. A. Such B. More C. Few D. So
70. A. which B. you C. who D. they
71. A. for B. on C. with D. below
72. A. put B. thrown C. given D. tidied
73. A. than B. when C. then D. while
74. A. outside B. instead C. beside D. without
75. A. says B. offers C. tells D. gives
III. Read the text below and circle the correct answer A, B, C or D. (0.5 pt)
Winter driving is dangerous because it's so difficult to know what is going to happen and accidents take place so easily. Fog can be waiting to meet you over the top of the hill. Ice might be hiding beneath the melting snow, waiting to send you off the road. The car coming towards you may suddenly slide across the road.
Rule Number One for driving in icy roads is to drive smoothly. Uneven movements can make a car suddenly very difficult to control. So every time you turn the wheel, touch the brakes or increase your speed, you must be as gentle and as slow as possible. Imagine you are driving with a cup of hot coffee on the seat next to you. Drive so that you wouldn’t spill it.
Rule Number Two is to pay attention to what might happen. The more ice there is, the further down the road you have to look. Test how long it takes to stop by gently braking. Remember that you may be driving more quickly than you think. In general, allow double your normal stopping distance when the road is wet, three times this distance in snow, and even more on ice. Try to stay in control of your car at all times and you will avoid trouble.
76. What is the writer trying to do in this text?
A. to complain about bad winter driving.
B. to give information about winter weather.
C. to warn people against driving in winter.
D. to advise people about safe driving in winter.
77. Why would somebody read this text?
A. to find out about the weather.
B. to get information on driving lessons.
C. to learn about better driving.
D. to decide when to travel.
78. What does the writer think?
A. People should avoid driving in the snow.
B. Drivers should expect problems in winter.
C. People drive too fast in winter.
D. Winter drivers should use their brakes less.
79. Why does the writer talk about a cup of coffee?
A. to explain the importance of smooth movements.
B. because he thinks refreshments are important for drivers
C. because he wants drivers to be more relaxed.
D. to show how it can be spilt.
80. Which traffic sign shows the main idea of the text?
A. Drive Carefully - Ice On Road Ahead.
B. Reduce Speed Now - Fog Ahead.
C. Drive Carefully - Road Repairs Ahead.
D. Slow Down - Accident Ahead