Đề thi vào lớp 10 môn tiếng Anh năm 2017-2018 TP. HCM
Đề thi vào lớp 10 môn tiếng Anh năm 2017 - 2018
Mời tải Đề thi vào lớp 10 môn tiếng Anh năm 2017-2018 TP. HCM có đáp án chính thức từ Sở GD&ĐT TP. Hồ Chí Minh ngay phía dưới tiện cho các bạn đối chiếu. Chúc kì thi sắp tới của các bạn đạt kết quả tốt nhất.
Đề thi vào lớp 10 môn tiếng Anh TPHCM năm 2017
KÌ THI TUYỂN SINH LỚP 10 TRUNG HỌC PHỔ THÔNG
Khoá ngày 02 tháng 06 năm 2017 tại TP.HCM
Môn thi: ANH VĂN
Thời gian: 60 phút (không tính thời gian giao đề)
I. Choose the word/ phrase (A, B, C or D) that best fits the space in each sentence. (2.5 pts)
1. Are you very busy _________ Monday mornings? – No! I always have time for a cup of coffee.
A. from B. to C. out D. on
2. London is also known _______ "The Square Mile" beacause its area is almost one square mile.
A. with B. of C. as D. for
3. She didn't hear the dog barking outside beacause she _________ headphones.
A. wore B. was wearing C. wearing D. is wearing
4. That is Maryam, the girl ________ visited Lan and Nga last week.
A. who B. whom C. whose D. which
5. She felt a little bit cold, __________ she put on her coat.
A. or B. because C. so D. but
6. My Japanese pen pal, Yoko, speaks English very _______.
A. best B. excellent C. well D. good
7. I like the new idea of those _____ spoons which can be eaten after use as it is made of good rice.
A. edible B. inedible C. poisonous D. wooden
8. One plastic bottle recycled saves enough energy to run a 60-watt light ________ for 6 hours.
A. bulb B. standard C. electricity D. bill
9. David :"It's terrible. I don't think I will be able to pass the exam." – Mary : "______"
A. Let's try it. B. Don't worry. Everything will be all right.
C. Ok. What's that? D. Why not pass it?
10. Sue: "You have read that article on the website, haven't you" – Peter : "_______"
A. Sure, thanks. B- Not at all! Go ahead.
C. Not yet. Why? D. Yes, of course, I will.
II. Choose the underlined word or phrase (A, B, C or D) that needs correcting. (0,5 pt)
11. Don't use so much fossil fuel although there will be nothing left for future generations.
A B C D
12. Recycling plastics reduce the amount of oil needed for making new plastics.
A B C D
III. Read the following letter. Decide if the statements from 13 to 16 are True or False and choose the correct answer (A, B, C or D) for the questions 17 and 18.
Today almost everyone walking down the street has at least one mobile phone in their pocket. That is because many mobile phones are upgraded every year around the world, and most people are interested in changing their old mobile phone for a new one. There has been an estimated number of 90 million unwanted mobile phones in the UK alone! This mountain weighs around 12,000 tonnes, but only about 5% of it is recycled. What makes us worried most is that mobile phones contain harmful chemicals which are released into the environment when phones begin to degrade and, in addition, large amounts of carbon dioxide are also produced during the manufacture of phones. It seems that the more modern mobile phones become, the worse our environment gets.
13. Mobile phones are modernized every year around the world.
14. Most people are keen on having a newer mobile phone.
15. About half of unwanted mobile phones in the UK are recycled.
16. Old mobile phones do no harm to the environment.
17. What is the passage mainly about?
A. The moderization of mobile phones is necessary.
B. There are more and more mobile phones in the world.
C. The modernization of mobile phones make the environment worse.
D. The manufacture of phones produces carbon dioxide.
18. Which of the following can be inferred from the passage?
A. Modern mobile phones are worse for the environment than the older ones.
B. Mobile phones are getting cheaper and more modern.
C. People in the UK are very concerned to recycle old mobile phones.
D. Used mobile phones can pollute the environment.
IV.Choose the word (A, B, C or D) that best fits the blank space in the following passage. (1,5 pts)
In many Western countries, people (19)_______ Halloween on Octorber 31st. The word Halloween (20)________ from "All Hallows' Eve". It is the night before All Saints' Day, a religious holiday in some parts of the world. On this night, children dress up in special costumes, put (21)________ masks, and go door to door saying "trick-or-treat" to get candy. Many people decorate their homes with paper ghosts, black cats or witches to give their houses a (22) _______ look. People also decorate their homes with jack-o-lanterns. They carve scary faces on pumpkins, and (23)_____ candles inside the pumpkins. In some places, both children and adults can make (24)______ of haunted houses. They all seem very excited about the festival.
19. A. celebrate B. reduce C. save D. exchange
20. A. gets B. goes C. comes D. reaches.
21. A. in B. off C. out D. on
22. A. bored B. relaxed C. careful D. scary
23. A. light B. to light C. lighting D. lighted
24. A. parts B. tours C. turns D. prizes
VI. Use the correct tense or form of the verb given in each sentences. (1.0 pt)
25. My pen pal was really _______ by the beauty of Ha Long Bay. (impress)
26. Both competitors are ______ strong and fast. (surprise)
27. The company has made a new motorbike having very low fuel ____. (consume)
28. A large number of car accidents are caused by fast and _____driving. (care)
29. Could you send me details of courses for _______, who have never learnt English before. (begin)
30. Ba's family and Liz had a very ________ day in the countryside last weekend. (enjoy)
VI. Rearrange the groups of words in a correct order to make complete sentences (0.5pt)
31. have lost their lives/ Many people around the world/ natural disasters/ and homes because of./
32. The survival of/ depends on each and/ the natural world/ every one of us./
VII. Rewrite each of the following sentences in another way so that it means almost the same as the sentence printed before it. (2.0pts)
33. He can't drive because he's very young.
34. City life is not as peaceful as country life.
35. It's not safe for kids to go hunting Pokemon on the street.
36. The boy hasn't visited his grandparents for two months.