Giải bài tập SBT Tiếng Anh lớp 11 chương trình mới Unit 3: Becoming Independent
Giải bài tập SBT Tiếng Anh lớp 11 chương trình mới Unit 3
VnDoc.com xin giới thiệu đến các bạn Giải bài tập SBT Tiếng Anh lớp 11 chương trình mới Unit 3: Becoming Independent do VnDoc.com sưu tầm và đăng tải dưới đây sẽ là nguồn tài liệu hữu ích giúp các bạn học tốt môn học, chuẩn bị tốt nhất cho những bài học tiếp theo.
Pronunciation - trang 18 Unit 3 Sách Bài Tập (SBT) Tiếng anh 11 mới
1. Listen and mark (͜ )the consonant sounds that link with the vowel sounds. Then practise readin the sentences. The first linking has been done for you as an example.
Nghe và đánh dấu phụ âm liên kết với nguyên âm. Sau đó thực hành đọc các câu. Liên kết đầu tiên đã được làm cho bạn như một ví dụ
1. An͜ apple a day keeps the doctor away.
2. Independent people believe in themselves and trust their own abilities.
3. She spends an hour a day practising her English.
4. He lives on his own in a small apartment.
5. I took on family responsibilities from an early age.
2. Read the paragraph below and mark (͜ ) the linked final consonants and initial vowels.
Đọc đoạn văn và đánh dấu phụ âm cuối liên kết với nguyên âm đầu
Learning to live independently sounds easy, but in reality, it isn't. You'll have to learn to deal with your probler instead of waiting for someone else to tell you what to do. Keep asking yourself questions like, ‘How col
I handle such a situation?’ Look at different options and try to solve your problems on your own. Don't lo heart if you fail once in a while. You need to know what failure feels like and how to deal with it.
Vocabulary & Grammar - trang 18 Unit 3 Sách Bài Tập (SBT) Tiếng anh 11 mới
1. Complete the following crossword puzzle.
Hoàn thành câu đố ô chữ
1. that can be trusted to do something well
2. able to make decisions quickly
3. having a lot of knowledge about current topics or a particular subject
4. capable of doing or deciding things by yourself, rather than depending on other people for help
5. that you can trust or rely on
6. capable of doing things by yourself without needing other people's help or advice
7. feeling certain about your own ability to do things and be successful
2. Use the words from the crossword puzzle to complete the sentences.
Sử dụng các từ từ câu đố ô chữ để hoàn thành các câu.
1. He is respected for being _________ about what is going on in the world.
2. He can be trusted to do the job well. He's a very____________ person.
3. Our team needs a _________ leader who can make important decisions quickly and confidently.
4. He is very__________ And we can rely on him to complete the task efficiently.
5. If you want to be financially _________ , try to find a good job that pays well so that you do not have to rely on your parents.
6. All parents want their children to grow up independent and_________ so that they don't have todepend on others for help.
7. To become _________ , you need to recognise your talents and good qualities.
1. well-informed 2. reliable/ responsible
3. decisive 4. responsible/ reliable
5. independent 6. self-reliant
3. Underline the mistakes in the following sentences and correct them.
Gạch chân dưới những lỗi sai ở những câu dưới đây và sửa lại
1. Lan is always decisively. She can make decisions quickly.
2. My friend Jack is known for being very reliability. He can always be trusted.
3. You can't be independent on your parents all your life. It's time you got a job.
4. I'm very confidence that I'll pass the exams.
5. He always avoids taking responsible.
6. She used to be shy and lack confident in herself. Now, she's different: she believes in her ability to succeed in life.
7. Teenagers must show self-reliant so that they can be given challenging tasks.
8. "I'll climb the highest mountain, no one can stop me." he said very determined.
4. Combine the sentences using the to-infinitive.
Kết hợp các câu sử dụng to-V nguyên thể
1. The students heard that the President would visit their school. They were excited.
2. Laura has been selected to represent her class at the May Festival. She is proud.
3. I'll win the race. I'm determined.
4. Mike will volunteer to help at the special school for children with disabilities. He's willing.
5. Don't try to make him change his mind. It's not easy.
6. You have to understand English culture to communicate with English people successfully. It's necessary.
7. We all like to talk to him. It's interesting.
8. Because of developments in medicine, a lot of people can live to 100. It's quite possible.
1. The students were excited to hear that the President would visit their school.
2. Laura is proud to be selected to represent her class at the May Festival.
3. I'm determined to win the race.
4. Mike is willing to volunteer to help at the special school for children with disabilities.
5. It's not easy to make him change his mind.
6. It's necessary for you to understand English culture to communicate with English people successfully.
7. It's interesting to talk to him.
8. Because of developments in medicine, it's quite possible for a lot of people to live to 100.
5. Rewrite the sentences, using the nouns in brackets and a fo-infinitive so that the new senten have the closest meaning to the given ones.
Viết lại các câu, sử dụng các danh từ trong ngoặc đơn và to-infinitive để câu mới có ý nghĩa gần nhất với các câu được đưa ra.
1. She can cook for herself and that makes her more independent. (ability)
2. We were very impressed when we saw that she tried very hard to overcome difficulties. (effort)
3. Her teachers like her because she is always willing to learn. (willingness)
4.She has always wanted to visit the UK and that has made her work harder at her English languages. (wish)
5. I agreed with him when he suggested that we should take part in more outdoor activities. (suggestio
6. The headmaster refused to allow us to go camping in the mountains. (permission)
7. She was very disappointed because her father couldn't attend the teacher-parent meeting. (failure)
1. Her ability to cook for herself makes her more independent.
2. We were very impressed by her effort to overcome difficulties.
3. Her teachers like her because of her willingness to learn.
4. Her wish to visit the UK made her work harder at her English language skills.
5. I agreed with his suggestion to take part in more outdoor activities.
6. The headmaster refused to give us permission to go camping in the mountains.
7. She was very disappointed because of her father's failure to attend the teacher-parent meeting.
Reading - trang 21 Unit 3 Sách Bài Tập (SBT) Tiếng anh 11 mới
1. Read the text and put the sentences in the box into the appropriate gaps in the text. There is one extra sentence that you don't need to use.
Đọc văn bản và đặt các câu trong hộp vào các khoảng trống thích hợp trong văn bản. Có thêm một câu mà bạn không cần phải sử dụng.
1. The information you get from reading will allow you to get both sides of every story before you form an opinion.
Thông tin bạn nhận được từ việc đọc sẽ cho phép bạn có được cả hai mặt của mọi chuyện trước khi bạn đưa ra ý kiến.
2. You don't have to reject people as friends to be independent.
Bạn không phải từ chối mọi người như bạn bè để được độc lập.
3. Put past mistakes behind you and learn from them.
Đặt những sai lầm quá khứ ra sau bạn và học hỏi từ chúng.
4. That is the first and most important condition to make others believe in you.
Đó là điều kiện đầu tiên và quan trọng nhất để làm cho người khác tin tưởng vào bạn.
How to live independently is, probably, one of the questions that are most frequently asked by people, young and old. According to experts, there are a number of steps that people who want to become independent should follow. Below are some of them.
First, you should believe in yourself. (1)__________ .If you don't have faith in yourself, you will always turn to others for help every time you have to make a decision. Believing in yourself will make you trust your own decisions, even if they completely go against someone else's.
Second, get your own information. You should watch and read the news from different sources. It's important to read as much as possible, whether it is literature or daily newspapers. (2)________ . Being well-informed will keep you from being a follower and will lead to more independent thought.
Third, maintain solid friendships. (3)________ .In fact, your independence is reinforced with good friends. When your friend needs someone to talk to, be there for them, and listen to their problems with sympathetic and understanding attitude. This way, you will not only help your friends, but their stories will help you to learn how to deal with similar situations that may come up to you later in your life.