Giải bài tập SBT Tiếng Anh lớp 8 Unit 11 TRAVELING AROUND VIET NAM
Giải bài tập SBT Tiếng Anh lớp 8 Unit 11 TRAVELING AROUND VIET NAM
Giải bài tập SBT Tiếng Anh lớp 8 Unit 11 TRAVELING AROUND VIET NAM đưa ra lời giải sách bài tập Tiếng Anh lớp 8 bài 11: Du lịch vòng quanh Việt Nam các trang 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100 sách Bài tập Tiếng Anh 8. Mời thầy cô và các em tham khảo.
1. Nam and his American friend James met Trang at the airport. Put the sentences into correct order to make a complete conversation. Decide who said that. (Trang 94 sách Bài tập Tiếng Anh 8)
Nam: James, I'd like you to meet my friend, Trang.
James: How do you do? Welcome to Los Angeles.
Trang: Thank you. I'm pleased to meet you.
Nam: How was the trip?
Trang: It was nice. I slept almost all the flight.
James: Can I help with your bags, Trang?
Trang: Thank you. They are a little heavy.
James: No problem. Do you mind if I take a picture of you two?
Trang: Go ahead. Could you give me one copy?
James: OK. I will.
Nam: A taxi's coming. Let's go.
2. Country Quiz. Read the following sentences and decide which city or province in Viet Nam they are about. (Trang 94 sách Bài tập Tiếng Anh 8)
a) Ho Chi Minh city
b) Ba Ria – Vung Tau province
c) Hue city
d) Tien Giang province
e) Bac Ninh province
Now write another five quizzes about places in Viet Nam you know.
a. This city has been inhabited since at least 3000 BC and is the second largest city of Viet Nam.
(Answer: Ha Noi)
b. This is the only Central Highlands province which does not share its western border with Cambodia.
(Answer: Lam Dong province)
c. This city is located 1,500 m (4,900 ft) above sea level on the Langbian Plateau in the southern parts of the Central Highlands region.
(Answer: Da Lat city)
d. This city is the capital of Binh Thuan province, in southeastern Viet Nam, where all government offices for the province are located.
(Answer: Phan Thiet city)
e. This province is home to Ha Long Bay, a World Heritage Site.
(Answer: Quang Ninh province)
3. Use Do/ Would you mind + verb-ing and Do/ Would you mind if ...? to make the following requests more polite. (Trang 95 sách Bài tập Tiếng Anh 8)
a. Do you mind if I turn on the TV?
Would you mind if I turned on the TV?
b. Do/ Would you mind correcting this composition for me?
c. Do you mind if I take a photo of your study corner?
Would you mind if I took a photo of your study corner?
d. Do you mind if I give some advice on your study habits?
Would you mind if I gave some advice on your study habits?
e. Do/ Would you mind playing the tape once more?
f. Do you mind if I borrow your dictionary?
Would you mind if I borrowed your dictionary?
g. Do you mind if I have a look at your homework?
Would you mind if I had a look at your homework?
h. Do/ Would you mind telling me how you learned English at school?
i. Do you mind if I use your computer for one hour?
Would you mind if I used your computer for one hour?
j. Do/ Would you mind solving this math problem for me?
4. Insert a suitable participle in column B into a sentence in column A. (Trang 95 sách Bài tập Tiếng Anh 8)
1-g The woman holding a brown handbag was Nam's mother.
2-d The girls skipping rope are from Class A3.
3-a The ruler made of metal is mine.
4-f The young man carrying two big suitcases in Hien's elder brother.
5-j The old man walking with a crutch had an accident last week.
6-c The house painted in yellow and brown was built in the 18th century.
7-h The table put upside down needs repairing.
8-b The teacher talking to the principal is in charge of my class.
9-e The film shown on TV last night won the first prize in the film festival last year.
10-i The boys planting trees on the hill are in the volunteer group of Long An school.
5. Fill in each of the gaps in the passage below with one suitable word from the box. (Trang 96 sách Bài tập Tiếng Anh 8)
1. popular 6. In
2. international 7. Boat
3. attractions 8. Beautiful
4. water 9. Caves
5. clear 10. wooden
6. Underline and rewrite the misspelt words. (Trang 96 sách Bài tập Tiếng Anh 8)
a. Last night I saw a report on TV about limestone a) islands
izlands in Ha Long Bay.
b. The passengers are collecting their lugagge at b) luggage
c. There are numerous beautiful paggodas in Hue City. c) pagodas
d. While Tim was traveling in a taxi, he saw a boy d) buffalo
riding a water bufallo.
e. Sa Pa is a wonderful mountainus resort in Viet Nam. e) mountainous
7. Underline and rewrite the inappropriate words. (Trang 97 sách Bài tập Tiếng Anh 8)
a. On the way from the airport to Ha Noi Shannon and Tim a) canes
saw sugar cans in the fields.
b. Mr. Jones prefers going to the vegetable restaurant on b) vegetarian
Le Loi Street.
c. When you go to Nha Trang, you should visit the Ocean c) Oceanic
Institute. It's a fantastic place.
d. There are quite a lot of low-priced customer houses d) guest
in Ha Long City.
e. Tim is fond of walking along the bank of Hoan Kiem e) Lake
Waterfall in Ha Noi early in the morning.
8. List the words in the box under the appropriate headings. Then you can add more words that you know to each heading. (Trang 97 sách Bài tập Tiếng Anh 8)
9. Write, from the following sets of words and phrases, complete sentences which together make up a story. You can make all necessary changes and additions. (Trang 98 sách Bài tập Tiếng Anh 8)
a. Last year Class 11B had a terrible experience.
b. One weekend, they decided to go on a picnic to Cuc Phuong National Park.
c. Soon after they arrived at the park, it started to rain like cats and dogs.
d. They had to wait for four hours for the bus before the rain stopped.
e. They got out of the bus and had lunch because everybody was very hungry.
f. After lunch, they began to explore the park in groups of four or five students.
g. Unfortunately, it began to rain heavily again.
h. Everybody got really wet when they could get back the bus.
i. They decided to leave the park without watching anything else.
10. Read about different places in Viet Nam and decide where these people should go. Fill in each gap in the sentences with a name of place. (Trang 98-100 sách Bài tập Tiếng Anh 8)
a. Sophia loves mountain - climbing. She must go to Fansipan Mountain.
b. Antony likes studying war - time tunnels in Viet Nam. He should go to Cu Chi.
c. Yoko is from Japan and she enjoys visiting pagodas. She should visit the Huong Pagoda.
d. Thomas wants to spend his summer where he can swim and sunbathe on the beach. He can go to Ba Ria – Vung Tau.
e. Goya is a painter and he wants to paint some beautiful lakes in Viet Nam. Goya should go to the freshwater Lake Ba Be.
f. Kenneth is studying Vietnamese resistance war against the French. He must go to Dien Bien Phu.
11. Fill in each gap with one word from the box. (Trang 100 sách Bài tập Tiếng Anh 8)