Giải bài tập SGK Tiếng Anh lớp 12 Chương trình mới Unit 8: The world of work
Giải bài tập SGK Tiếng Anh lớp 12 Chương trình mới Unit 8
VnDoc.com xin gửi đến các bạn Giải bài tập SGK Tiếng Anh lớp 12 Chương trình mới Unit 8: The world of work do VnDoc.com sưu tầm và đăng tải nhằm đem đến cho các bạn nguồn tài liệu học tập hữu ích, chuẩn bị kiến thức tốt nhất cho bài học.
Getting Started - trang 30 Unit 8 SGK tiếng anh 12 mới
Tổng hợp các bài tập trong phần Getting Started - trang 30 Unit 8 SGK tiếng anh 12 mới
1. Mai and Nam are talking about their preparations for the world of work. Listen and read. (Mai và Nam đang nói về sự chuẩn bị của họ cho thế giới của công việc. Nghe và đọc.)
Nam: Hi, Mai!
Mai: Hello, Nam. How are things?
Nam: Great, thanks. I found a job advertisement for the position of a waiter in a restaurant. I'm writing my CV to apply for the job.
Mai: Can I see it?
Nam: You asked to see the job advertisement? Okay, here it is.
Mai: Oh, you are applying for this job? But you still goto school, Nam.
Nam: Yeah, it's just a part-time job, and I'll only work at the weekend. My father advised me to get some work experience.
Mai: Well, my mum thinks working while still at school is a waste of time.
Mai: She told me to focus on my studies. She advised me and my brother not to look for jobs until we have finished university. She also offered to do all the housework for us so that we have more time to study.
Nam: I think your mother has her own reasons. I guess she wants you and your brother to be well-prepared for your future jobs.
Mai: I think so, too. It's getting more and more difficult to get a good job nowadays.
Nam: Yes, employers usually look for qualifications and relevant experience. They also want job applicants to be able to demonstrate their skills and qualities.
Mai: Sounds very challenging. How can we do that?
Nam: Before we apply for any jobs, we need prepare a good CV and a covering letter carefully. They should include informa about relevant qualifications, experi and skills.
Mai: Yes, but will employers have time to
each application carefully? So many pecc are looking for jobs.
Nam: You're right. There are usually a lot of seekers applying for one position. Only a of them are shortlisted for an interview.
Mai: The job interview is also very important, the best candidate is recruited. Somet' there are even two or three rounds interviews!
Nam: Yes, then new employees have to go thr an initial period of probation when employer will assess their performance provide some training. If everything goes they will be confirmed as regular emplo
Mai: It seems like hard work getting a job, I think I should start learning how to pr my CV and practising my interview skills.
2. Read the conversation again. Answer the questions about it. (Đọc cuộc trò chuyện một lần nữa. Trả lời các câu hỏi về nó.)
1. What is Nam doing?
2. Does Nam's father want him to work while school? Why?/ Why not?
3. Does Mai's mother want her to work while school? Why?/ Why not?
4. What information do job seekers need to incl in their CVs and covering letters?
5. Why is the probation period important?
6. Do you think you are ready for work? Why?/ Why not.
1. He is writing a CV to apply for a part-time job.
2. Yes, he does. He wants his son to get some work experience.
3. No, she doesn't. She wants her to focus on her studies.
4. They need to include information about their relevant qualifications, experience, and skills.
5. Because it is a period when the employer can assess the employee's performance and provide them with some training.
6. Học sinh tự trả lời
3. Complete the text with the correct form of the words from the box. (Hoàn thành văn bản với hình thức đúng của từ trong hộp.)
1. job seeker 2. job advertisements 3. CV 4. covering letter 5. job interview
4. Complete the sentences using the reporting verbs from the conversation. (Hoàn thành câu sử dụng các động từ báo cáo từ cuộc trò chuyện.)
1. asked 2. advised 3. told 4. advised 5. offered
Language - trang 32 Unit 8 SGK tiếng anh 12 mới
Tổng hợp các bài tập trong phần Language - trang 32 Unit 8 SGK tiếng anh 12 mới
1. The words in the left column are from the conversation in GETTING STARTED. Match them with the appropriate definitions in the right column. (Những từ trong cột bên trái là từ cuộc trò chuyện trong GETTING STARTED. Nối chúng với các định nghĩa thích hợp trong cột bên phải)
1. d 2. a 3. b 4. e 5. c
2. Complete the text with the correct form of the words in 1. (Hoàn thành văn bản với hình thức đúng của từ trong 1.)
Applying for a job is a process of several stages. First, when a new job is advertised, people (1)_________by sending their CVs and covering letters. All these CVs and covering letters are then screened, and only the (2)_________ applicants with suitable experience and (3)___________ are shortlisted and invited for a job interview. If the candidates can perform well and impress the interviewers during the interview, they can be (4)______________ . Next, the new recruits often go through a (5) period that may last from several months to a year, depending on the policy of the company or organisation.
1. apply 2. relevant
3. qualifications 4. recruited
Stressed words: exceptions
Listen and repeat the sentences, paying attention to the stressed words. (Nghe và lặp lại các câu, chú ý đến những từ nhấn mạnh.)
1. I'll help you to write the CV if I can.
2. We would send you the application if we could.
3. Her mother can't help her with the job application letter, but her sister can.
4. He isn't interested in that job, but she is.
5. She has the right skills to do the job, and he does too.
6. A: You can't work under time pressure.
B: I can work undertime pressure.
7. I couldn't write a CV two years ago, but I can write one now.
Reported speech: reporting orders, requests, offers, advice, instructions,...
1. Rewrite the sentences in reported speech, using the appropriate verbs from the box in the correct tense. (Viết lại câu ở dạng gián tiếp, bằng cách sử dụng động từ thích hợp từ hộp vào đúng thì.)
1. Our teacher told us to study hard for the final exams.
2. The job applicant asked if the company provided computers for all employees.
3. The career adviser advised us to develop our communication and planning skills.
4. My mother offered to find information about short courses on organisational skills for me.
2. Complete the sentences, reporting what was said.
Hoàn thiện các câu, tường thuật những điều được nói đến.
1. The monitor invited me to see him play in a football match.
2. The applicant asked the head of the human resources department to tell him what skills he needed in order to get that job.
3. My friend offered to find more information about the company that I was applying to.
4. His father encouraged him to apply for the job.
5. He complained to his friends about the terrible working conditions at that factory.
6. She refused to tell me what the director's salary was because that information was confidential.
Skills - trang 34 Unit 8 SGK tiếng anh 12 mới
Tổng hợp các bài tập trong phần Skills - trang 34 Unit 8 SGK tiếng anh 12 mới
Are you qualified for the job?
1. Below are some skills and qualities required for the position of an apprentice administrator. Tick the ones that you have. Do you think you are qualified for this job? (Dưới đây là một số kỹ năng và phẩm chất cần thiết cho vị trí của một quản trị viên tập sự. Đánh dấu vào những cái mà bạn có. Bạn có nghĩ rằng bạn có đủ điều kiện cho công việc này?)
Having time management skills
Having communication skills
Well-spoken and articulate
Responsible and self-motivated
Flexible and eager to learn
Friendly and approachable
Able to work to deadlines and prioritise tasks