Giáo án Tiếng Anh lớp 10 Unit 11: National parks - Lesson 1
Giáo án môn Tiếng Anh lớp 10
Giáo án Tiếng Anh lớp 10 Unit 11: National parks - Lesson 1 được VnDoc sưu tầm và giới thiệu để có thể chuẩn bị giáo án và bài giảng hiệu quả, giúp quý thầy cô tiết kiệm thời gian và công sức làm việc. Giáo án môn Tiếng Anh 10 này được soạn phù hợp quy định Bộ Giáo dục và nội dung súc tích giúp học sinh dễ dàng hiểu bài học hơn.
1. Education aims: Students improve their knowledge about national parks.
a. General knowledge: Knowledge about national parks.
b. Language: The present simple tense. - Vocabulary concerning national parks.
- Speaking: talk in pairs and in groups.
- Reading comprehension: the definitions and answering questions.
II. Anticipated problems: Students may not have much knowledge about national parks.
III. Teaching aids: board, textbook, chalk.
1. Before you read: (9 mins)
Aims: to repare information and vocabularies for the topic.
- Ask sts to answer the question:
Can you name some national parks in Vietnam and in the world?
- Ask some sts to answer the question.
- Listen and give remarks.
- Introduce the reading text and provide sts with new words/phrases.
+ lo'cate(v): = to place
+ 'butterfly(n): an insect with very big wings that can fly(con bím)
+ e'stablish(v): = to make/ build
+ hike(v): to walk for health
+sur'vive(v): to be alive after accident( sèng sãt )..... ó survival(n)
+ 'orphan(v): to be made parentlessó orphanage(n)
+ Sub-tropical(Adj): i
+ 'wilderness(n): = wild place
+ contami'nation(n) ó contaminate(v): to make something dirty/ polluted.
- Read each word/phrase 3 times and ask sts to repeat it.
- Leave sts 1 minute to self-practise reading the words.
- Ask 4-5 sts to read all the word/phrases aloud in front of the class
- Listen and help sts to read the words/phrases correctly.
2. While you read: (15 mins)
Aims: Read the passage for information to do the tasks.
+ Set the scene:
- You are going to read the passages about The National Parks. Read them and then do the tasks that follow.
+ Task 1:Fill in each space with a suitable from the passages.
- Ask sts to read the passages and do task 1.
- Explain more about the definitions if necessary.
- Sts are required to compare their results with their partners.
- 5sts are required to do the task orally in front of the class (1 st/ 1 time).
- Listen and help sts to do the task correctly.
+ Task 2: Answering Questions:
- Ask sts to work in pairs to read the passages again and answer the questions in task 2.
- Require sts to underline the information from the passages that supports the answers.
- Required sts to compare their answers with another pair.
- Ask 6 - 7 sts to read their answers aloud in front of the class (1 st/1 time).
- Listen and give remarks.
3. After you read: (5 min)
Aims: to give the summary of the passage.
- Sts are required to work in groups to give reasons for their choice from one of the three national parks in the reading passages.
- One representative is required to give their talk orally in front of the class
- Listen and help the students to do their task well.
4. Homework: (1 min)
- Complete the talk in written form.
- Listen and think of the question.
- Some sts answer:
Cuc Phuong National Park
Bach Ma national Park.
Nairobi National Park.
Alaska National Park.
- Listen and then copy down
- Listen and repeat.
- Read silently to self-practise.
- Some sts read these words aloud and others listen.
- Read the passages and do the task.
- Compare their results with their parners.
- Present their answer:
2. contain 3. species 4. survival
5. sub-tropical 6. contamination
- Listen to the T and correct if necessary.
- Work in pairs to read the passages again and to ask and answer.
- Underline the information from the passages.
- Share their answer with other sts.
- Some pairs report:
1.200 square km:
2. Because the rainy season is over.
3. They can learn about the habits of animals and how one species is dependent upon another for survival.
4. In the orphanage, orphaned and/ or abandoned animals are taken care of.
Everglades National Park is endangered because of the toxic levels of chemicals in the water
5. If more chemicals are released into the water, plans and animals will die/ be killed/ destroyed.
- Work in groups to talk about their choice.
- Present his/her ideas.
- Others listen