Giáo án Tiếng Anh lớp 10 Unit 12: Music - Lesson 1
Giáo án môn Tiếng Anh lớp 10
Giáo án Tiếng Anh lớp 10 Unit 12: Music - Lesson 1 được VnDoc sưu tầm và giới thiệu để có thể chuẩn bị giáo án và bài giảng hiệu quả, giúp quý thầy cô tiết kiệm thời gian và công sức làm việc. Giáo án môn Tiếng Anh 10 này được soạn phù hợp quy định Bộ Giáo dục và nội dung súc tích giúp học sinh dễ dàng hiểu bài học hơn.
1. Education aims: Students know more about the role of music in our life.
a. General knowledge: Knowledge about music.
- The present simple tense.
- Vocabulary concerning music: rock 'n 'roll, mournful, solemn......
- Speaking: talk in pairs and in groups.
- Reading comprehension: sentence completing and answering questions.
II. Anticipated problems: Words, and knowledge about some kinds of music.
III. Teaching aids: board, textbook, chalk, tape.
1. Warm-up:(5 mins)
- Play the tape with 5 pieces of music and ask sts to guess what types of music they are.
- Get feedback and check.
2. Before you read: (12 mins)
Aims: To provide sts with words/phrases about music.
- Ask sts to work in pairs to match the descriptions to the types of music given in the part:
- For each type of music, 2 sts from 2 pairs are required to give their match orally.
- Listen and help sts to give correct match. b.Vocabulary.
- Provide sts with the new words/phrases:
+ Emotion(n): a strong feeling e.g.: hate, love.......
+ Convey(v):= Show, express + Integral part(n): = necessary part + Lull sb (v): >< wake somebody up.
+ Delight(v): To make somebody happy.
+ Funeral(n): a funaral is celebrated when someone dies.
+ Solemn(adj): serious, not happy
+ Mournful(adj): sad
- Read each word/phrase 3 times and ask sts to repeat it.
- Leave sts 1 minute to self-practice.
- Ask 4-5 sts to read all the word/phrases aloud in front of the class( 1 st/ 1 time)
- Listen and help sts to read the words/phrases correctly.
3. While you read: (18 min)
Aims: Read for information to do the sentence completing, and answering excercises
+ Task 1: Sentence completing.
- Ask sts to read the passage indepently then use the words/ phrases in the box to complete the sentences.
- Tell sts to refer to Vocabulary for help and encourage them try to guess the meanings of the words in the context of the reading.
- Call on 7-8 sts to read and explain their answers aloud in front of the class (1 st/ 1 time/ 1 sentence).
- Feedback and give remarks.
+ Task 2: Questions answering.
- Ask sts to work in pairs to read the passage more carefully and find the answers to the questions given.
- Ask sts to highlight or underline the information in the passage that helps them to find the correct answers.
- 5-6 sts from 5-6 groups are required to give answers in front of the class(1 st/ 1 time/ 1answer).
- Listen and help the students to give correct answers.
4. After you read: (9 mins)
+ Questions – Answers
Aims: Students' summary about the roles of music.
- Ask sts to work in pairs to give answers to the questions given in the part.
- Go round to help sts with their work.
- 2-3 pairs are required to give answers to one question orally in front of the class.
- Listen and help sts to give correct answers.
5. Homework: (1 min)
- Write about the roles of music and which role is the most important.
- Listen to the tape and guess.
- Stand up and say aloud the names of the types of music.
- Work in pairs to match.
- Give answers orally.
1- b 2- e 3- d 4- a 5- c
- Others listen
- Listen and read after the T.
- Write down these words into their notebooks.
- Listen and repeat.
- Read these words and check for their partner.
- Read the words aloud.
- Listen to the T.
- Work individually.
- Report their answers sentence by sentence.
1. Communicate 2. Lull 3. delights 4. integral part 5. solemn 6. emotion
- Listen to the T
- Students do the work in pairs
- Some pairs report their answers while others watch.
1. Language and music.
2. It can express ideas, thoughts and feelings.
3. It adds joyfulness to the atmosphere of a festival and make a funeral more solemn and mournful.
4. It makes people happy and excited. It delights the senses.
5. It is a billion-dollar industry.
- Self-correct the work
- Work in pairs orally.
- Some pairs report while others listen.
1. Students tell 5 roles.
2. Students give their own ideas.
- Listen to the T.