Giáo án Tiếng Anh lớp 8 Unit 5: Study habits - Lesson 3
Giáo án môn Tiếng Anh lớp 8
Giáo án Tiếng Anh lớp 8 Unit 5: Study habits - Lesson 3 được VnDoc sưu tầm và giới thiệu để có thể chuẩn bị giáo án và bài giảng hiệu quả, giúp quý thầy cô tiết kiệm thời gian và công sức làm việc. Giáo án môn Tiếng Anh 8 này được soạn phù hợp quy định Bộ Giáo dục và nội dung súc tích giúp học sinh dễ dàng hiểu bài học hơn.
At the end of the lesson, Ss will be able to: understand and know some aspects to learn English, choose the best ways to learn English words.
* Vocabulary: (the) mother tonge, (to) make a list, (to) learn by heart,(to) stick/ stiker,(to) underline, (to) revise = (to) review, revision(N)
* Grammar: know some ways to learn English
3. Skills: Reading & writing
1. Teacher: Lesson plan, textbook, projector.
- Find out the meaning of vocabulary of the text on page 49 and do exercise on page 50 to prepare for next lesson: Read
- Vocabulary: (to) make a list, (the) mother tonge, (to) learn by heart, (to) stick, (to) underline, (to) high light, (to) come across, (to) revise = (to) review, revision(N)
- Answer question: How do you learn words?
1. Revision: (5’) Brainstorming
Listen to English programs Read books, magazines.. ..
Talk to friends in English
2. New lesson:
* Lead-in: (1’)
- Asks the Qs.
?How many words do you learn a day?
?What do you do to remember the words?
- Introduces the content of the lesson.
I. PRE-READING: (15’)
+ (to) make a list (mime)
+ (the) mother tonge (n)
Ex: I’m a Vietnamese and I speak Vietnamese. So Vietnamese language is my mother tongue.
+ (to) learn by heart (situation)
+ (to) stick (picture)
+ (to) underline (mime)
+ (To) highlight (mime)
+ (To) come across (translation)
+ (to) revise = (to) review (situation)
-> revision (N)
- Elicits the words from the Ss and says them out.
- Writes, checks and instructs Ss to read.
- Uses “Jumbled words” to check vocab. and asks Ss to correct.
2. T/F statements prediction: (Part 1-P.50)
- Gives out the statements and guides Ss to work in pairs to give their prediction.
- Gets feedback.
II. WHILE-READING: (12’)
Checking T/F statements prediction
- Plays the tape for Ss to listen.
- Asks Ss to read the text in 4 minutes to check their predictions.
- Invites the answers and asks them to explain.
- Give correct answer.
* Answer key:
a. F -> Some language write the meaning of the new words in their mother tongue.
c. F -> Many learners don’t try to learn all the new words they come across.
III. POST-READING: (10’)
Find someone who
- Gives out the table and guides Ss to work in groups to complete it.
- Calls on some Ss to stand up to present their work.
Nga learns words by making a list of words with the meanings in her mother tongue and learning them by heart. Nam also reads stories in English...
- Gets comments from other students.
- Comments and corrects Ss’ mistakes if necessary.
- Think about and then speak out their ideas
- Try out & repeat chorally-individually.
- Give the meaning & run through the words.
- Look at the jumbled words then stand up to say aloud the right words.
- Read the statement, focus on the key words then predict whether each statement is true or false in pairs.
- Speak out their predictions.
- Listen to the tape.
- Read it and share their ideas in pairs.
- Give the right answers and correct the false statements.
- Write down.
- Work in groups to make question: How do you learn new words? and complete the tables.
- Stand up to present their work.
- Give comments on their friends’ result.
- Listen to teacher and correct themselves.
IV. HOMEWORK: (2’)
- Asks Ss to learn by heart the vocabulary, read the text at home again and choose the best way to learn.
- Asks Ss to prepare for new lesson by answering the questions on P. 50