Giáo án Tiếng Anh lớp 8 Unit 5: Study habits - Lesson 5
Giáo án môn Tiếng Anh lớp 8
Giáo án Tiếng Anh lớp 8 Unit 5: Study habits - Lesson 5 được VnDoc sưu tầm và giới thiệu để có thể chuẩn bị giáo án và bài giảng hiệu quả, giúp quý thầy cô tiết kiệm thời gian và công sức làm việc. Giáo án môn Tiếng Anh 8 này được soạn phù hợp quy định Bộ Giáo dục và nội dung súc tích giúp học sinh dễ dàng hiểu bài học hơn.
1. Aims: At the end of the lesson, Ss will be able to write a passage about the benefits of the Internet in people/s life.
* Vocabulary: (to) receive, (a) grade = mark, (to) celebrate, (a) postcard.
* Grammar: I am pleased/glad + to-inf.
3. Skills: Reading and Writing.
1. Teacher: Posters, exercises, textbook, workbook
2. Students: How to write a formal/ informal letter?
1. Revision: (5’) Ss list the ways to learn words.
2. New lesson:
* Lead-in: (1’) Questions:
?Do you often write a letter?
?Who do you often write to?
?What do you talk with her/him?
- Introduces the task of the lesson.
I. PRE-WRITING: (10’)
+ (to) receive (Trans.)
+ (a) grade = mark (Example)
+ (to) celebrate (Example)
+ (a) postcard (Realia)
+ I am pleased/glad + Vto-inf.
- Elicits the words from the Ss and says them out.
- Writes and checks .
- Checks vocab.: What & Where
2. Ordering (Part 1-P.50)
- Asks Ss to work in groups to order the form of the letter.
- Gets feedback and asks them to read the letter in textbooks to check.
- Asks Ss to match the sections with the letter to discover the form of the letter.
- Shares the ideas with the class & focuses Ss on: punctuation (comma,dot), address presenting.
*) Form of a formal letter:
1. Heading: Writer/s address and the date
2. Opening: Dear (Tim/Mai/Ba .. ..),
3. Body of the letter: Begin with I am pleased to receive .. .. .. . ..
Write soon and tell me about you/.. .. .. ..
4. Closing:Your friend,/ Regards,/ Love./
II. WHILE-WRITING: (16’)
Write a letter to Donna (Part 2-P.51)
- Shows the letter in textbook with the underlined information
- Focuses Ss on using the cues to change the information in the letter.
- Gives out the cellophanes and asks Ss to write their letter on them.
III. POST-WRITING: (10’) Exhibition
- Collects 3 drafts & put them in the overhead & helps the whole to correct.
- Listen to teacher and answer the questions individually.
- Try out & repeat chorally-individually.
- Give the meaning and the stress.
- Read and rewrite the words individually.
- Pay attention to T/s instructions, share their ideas in groups to arrange the letter in the right order.
- Stick their orders on the board, then read the letter in textbook to check.
- Share their ideas in groups to pick out each section of the formal letter.
- Work out with T to make it clearer.
- Focus on the underlined information and compare them with the cues.
- Run through the information in the box.
- Work in groups to write.
- Look at the letter and then correct each section with teacher.
Asks the Ss to revise the way to write a formal letter through their letter.
IV. HOMEWORK: (2’)
- Asks Ss to complete their letter at home and give it to T in the next lesson.
- Asks Ss to prepare: Language Focus - P.45: adverbs of manner, modal should, commands, requests and advice in reported speech.