Giáo án Tiếng Anh lớp 8 Unit 6: The young pioneers club - Lesson 1
Giáo án môn Tiếng Anh lớp 8
Giáo án Tiếng Anh lớp 8 Unit 6: The young pioneers club - Lesson 1 được VnDoc sưu tầm và giới thiệu để có thể chuẩn bị giáo án và bài giảng hiệu quả, giúp quý thầy cô tiết kiệm thời gian và công sức làm việc. Giáo án môn Tiếng Anh 8 này được soạn phù hợp quy định Bộ Giáo dục và nội dung súc tích giúp học sinh dễ dàng hiểu bài học hơn.
1. Aims: At the end of the lesson, Ss will be able to know about the Y & Y works and talk about their personal information through an application form
* Vocabulary: (to) enroll, (an) application form, (a) hobby = (an) interest, (an) outdoor activity, male # female (Example)
3. Skills: Reading, Listeningand speaking.
1. Teacher:Lesson plan, posters, textbook, pictures, tape, cassette.
- Prepare: Unit 6: Getting started and Listen and read.
- Vocabulary: (to) enroll, (an) application form, (a) hobby = (an) interest, (an) outdoor activity, male # female (Example)
1. Warm-up: (5’)
Getting started: Matching
T: Checks what Y and Y stands for, then hangs on the poster and asks Ss to check the boxes then add more activities to the list.
a, helping blind people d, cleaning up beaches
b, helping elderly people e, caring for animals
c, helping handicapped children f, taking part in sports
Ss: Work in groups and give their ideas.
T: asks Ss to think about the activities the Y and Y of their school often does
2. New lesson:
*) Lead-in: (1’)
- Introduces Nga and her participation in the Young Pioneers Clup
- Leads in the lesson.
1. Vocabulary (8’)
- Elicits first and says out the words.
- Writes and checks.
+ (To) enroll ( Trans.)
+ (An) application form (Realia)
+ (A) hobby = (an) interest
+ (An) outdoor activity (Example)
+ Male # female (Example)
- Uses What and Where to check vocab.
2. Practise the dialogue (7’)
- Sets the scene and plays the tape twice for Ss to listen.
- Asks Ss to play the role with the dialogue.
- Asks two above questions to check the general ideas of the dialogue.
a. Who does Nga talk with?
b. What does Nga want to?
II. WHILE-STAGE: (12’)
Fill in the form (Part 2-P.55)
- Hangs on the Grid and checks each item.
- Makes the model and asks Ss to read the dialogue to fill in it.
- Gets feedback.
III. POST-STAGE: (10’)
Ask and answer about Nga/s personal information.
* Cues: ( a)
- What/phone number?
- Elicits the language from Ss.
- Asks Ss to work in pairs, asking and answering the information about Nga with the cues.
- Calls on some pairs to practice before class.
- Gives comments and corrects.
- Listen to teacher.
- Try out and repeat chorally- individually
- Give the meaning & stress
- Read and rewrite the words on the board.
- Listen to it with the closed books.
- Read the dialogue in pairs to the front.
- Read it again and answer the questions.
- Give their ideas of the information
- Read it and share their ideas in groups.
- Speak out their answers and check it with teacher.
S1: What is her name?
S2: Her name is Pham Mai Nga.
- Speak them out individually.
- Work in pairs, using the cues to ask and answer about Nga.
- Practise orally before class.
- Listen and correct.
- Asks two Ss to summarize Nga/s information, using the information in the Grid
IV. HOMEWORK: (2’)
- Asks Ss to revise the lesson.
- Write the dialogue in practice writing notebook.
- Asks Ss to prepare: Speak and Listen - P.55-56
- Strutures to ask for and respond to favors
- Structures to offer and respond to assistance