Giáo án Tiếng Anh lớp 9 Unit 10: Life on other planets - Lesson 4
Giáo án môn Tiếng Anh lớp 9
Giáo án Tiếng Anh lớp 9 Unit 10: Life on other planets - Lesson 4 được VnDoc sưu tầm và giới thiệu để có thể chuẩn bị giáo án và bài giảng hiệu quả, giúp quý thầy cô tiết kiệm thời gian và công sức làm việc. Giáo án môn Tiếng Anh 9 này được soạn phù hợp quy định Bộ Giáo dục và nội dung súc tích giúp học sinh dễ dàng hiểu bài học hơn.
Reading a text about a space trip.
B/ Objectives: At the end of the lesson, Ss will be able to enhance reading skill through Ordering and Answering questions exercises.
C/ Teaching aids: textbook, demonstrated posters and pictures about a space trip.
III.While - reading
IV.Post - Reading
* Question and answer
- Ask Ss questions about space trip.
1. Have you ever heard of a space trip?
2. What do you go there for?
3. What should we have to prepare if we want to take a trip to the space?
4. What can we do there? …….
- Remark and lead in the new lesson.
I. Vocabulary pre-teach:
Introduce the aims of the lesson and some new words to students:
- physical condition (n): the state of health:điều kiện thể chất.
- push –up (n): an exercise for strengthening arm muscles performed by lying face down with the palms on the floor, and pushing the body up and down with the arms: động tác nằm sấp chống tay.
- orbit (n): curved course of planet, comet, satellite around the body: quỹ đạo
- cabin(n): room or compartment in a ship, space craft: buồng lái
* Checking technique: Rub out and remember
II. Ordering statements:
- Ask Ss to read the passage independently and put the phrases in order to show what you need and get in joining a trip into the space.
- Call on some Ss to explain their answers.
- Feedback and give correct answers: 4-1-5-2-3
III. Answering comprehension questions:
- Ask Ss to read the passage more carefully and answer the questions. Then write in full sentences.
- Call on some Pairs to read their answers aloud.
- Make necessary corrections and give correct answers:
1. If you decide to take a space trip, You will have to run a lot, swim every day, and do aerobics and push-ups to have an excellent physical condition.
2. If you want to show you are in perfect health, you must a letter from a doctor.
3. You can see pictures of the earth: your country, interesting places, the oceans, the big rivers, the tall mountains.
4. We can see those scenes 16 times a day.
5. We can walk on the walls or on the ceiling.
IV. Exercise: Fill in the blank with the most suitable word:
1. Many people say that they once saw …... Flying Objects.
2. If you want to take the trip to space, you must be in good ……….. Condition.
3. We call people from another planet ………..
4. ………….., Earth’s outer neighbor, is the fourth planet from the sun.
- Call on some Ss to report in the front of the class.
- Remark and correct the mistakes if necessary
Then give Answers:
1. Unidentified 2. Physical 3. Aliens 4. Mars
1. Summarize main points.
2. Do exercise (5,6) in workbook.
3. Prepare the next lesson.
Work in whole class
- Demonstrate in the front.
- Listen carefully.
Repeat in chorus and individually.
- Guess its meanings and copy down.
- Give example.
- Play games.
- Read the passage and do the exercise, Compare their answers with a friend.
- Report in front of class.
- Listen and copy.
- Work in pairs.
- Practice answering the questions in pairs.
- Copy down
- Work individually
- Report in the front
- Write down.
Copy in their notebooks