Giáo án Tiếng Anh lớp 9 Unit 3: A trip to the countryside - Lesson 3
Giáo án môn Tiếng Anh lớp 9
Giáo án Tiếng Anh lớp 9 Unit 3: A trip to the countryside - Lesson 3 được VnDoc sưu tầm và giới thiệu để có thể chuẩn bị giáo án và bài giảng hiệu quả, giúp quý thầy cô tiết kiệm thời gian và công sức làm việc. Giáo án môn Tiếng Anh 9 này được soạn phù hợp quy định Bộ Giáo dục và nội dung súc tích giúp học sinh dễ dàng hiểu bài học hơn.
A. The aims: To read the text for details & complete the summary.
B/ Objectives: By the end of the lesson, students will be able to know more about the country life in the USA.
C/ Language content:
- Vocab: some farming words: grow maize, grocery story, feed the chickens, collect eggs..
- Grammar: The present simple tense, The present perfect tense.
- Skill: Reading, listening and speaking.
D/ Teaching aids: Text book, chalk, boards and some pictures about the life in the countryside.
I / Warm up: Jumbled words:
geehnaex ocrn yrrgcoe
Answer key: exchange corn grocery
- Remark and lead in the new lesson
II / Pre - reading:
- Introduce “Today we will study about the life on a farm of an American family.”
- Have students work in pairs and guess about the differences between life on American farms and Vietnamese ones, Using the suggested questions:
1. What trees / vegetables do farmers in America grow?
2. What animals do they raise?
3. What do they usually eat?
- Call on some pairs to demonstrate their ideas.
* Introduce: In order to understand the lesson better, I will help you some words
+ Grow maize (v): = corn:bắp
+ Work part – time (v): Explanation: làm bán thời gian
+ Grocery store (n): picture: cửa hang tạp hóa
+ Collect eggs: (picture): thu lượm trứng
+ Exchange student (n): (Translation): học sinh trao đổi
* Checking technique: Slap the board
III / While - reading:
- Play the tape.
- Call some student to read the text.
Match the words in column A with the word or groups of words in column B having the same meaning:
Key: 1-d 2-c 3-b 4-e 5-a
- Call on some Students to read the answers aloud.
- Correct mistakes if any and give correct answers
2. Checking their understanding by asking some questions:
1.Where is the Parker family’s farm?
2. How many children do Mr. and Mrs. Parker have?
3. What does Van do in the afternoon?
4. What do the whole family do on Saturday afternoons
- Ask Ss to read the text and answer the questions
- Call on some pairs to read their answers aloud.
- Correct mistakes and give correct answers:
3. Completing the summary:
- Ask student to read the summary, and then the text, complete the summary, using the information from the passage.
- Ask students to work in small groups.
- Have students exchange the answer and check.
- Ask students to read the completed summary in front of the class.
A Vietnamese boy named Van is living with the Parker family in the American state of Ohio. Mr. Parker is a farmer and Mrs. Parker works part-time at a grocery store in a nearby town. They have two children, Peter and Sam. Van often does chores after school. Sometimes he also has to help on the farm. The family relaxes on Saturday afternoon and they watch Peter play baseball. Van likes the Parkers, and he enjoys being a member of their family.
- Give the feedback.
IV. Post reading:
* Role play:
- Ask students to work I pairs. One is Van who has just come back from the USA and answer the questions.. The other plays the role of a student who is going to the USA as an exchange student.
Ex. S1: Hi, Van. I’m going to the USA next month as an exchange student. I want to know what I should do when being there. Can you help me?
Van: Sure. Where are you going to stay?
S1: I’m going to stay with the …….. family. They live in ……….. …… kilometers from ……..
- Give feedback.
- Learn by heart new words.
- Write the summary into the notebook.
- Prepare new lesson: Write
Work in groups
Demonstrate in front of class.
Work in pairs
Demonstrate in the front.
Listen and repeat in chorus and individually.
Guess its meanings and copy.
Listen and read
do the exercise individually
Read their results aloud
Work in pairs
Practice in pairs