Giáo án Tiếng Anh lớp 9 Unit 4: Learning a foreign language - Lesson 5
Giáo án môn Tiếng Anh lớp 9
Giáo án Tiếng Anh lớp 9 Unit 4: Learning a foreign language - Lesson 5 được VnDoc sưu tầm và giới thiệu để có thể chuẩn bị giáo án và bài giảng hiệu quả, giúp quý thầy cô tiết kiệm thời gian và công sức làm việc. Giáo án môn Tiếng Anh 9 này được soạn phù hợp quy định Bộ Giáo dục và nội dung súc tích giúp học sinh dễ dàng hiểu bài học hơn.
A/ The aims:
Writing a letter of inquiry.
B/ Objectives: By the end of the lesson, Ss will be able to know about the form of the letter and notices of a formal letter.
Skill: Writing and speaking.
C/ Teaching aids: Textbooks, chalk and boards
While - writing
Post - writing
Put away and remember
- Suggest Students how to play.
- Call on some representatives from each team by answering these questions:
1. Who should take this course?
2. On what days is the course available?
3. How much is it?
4. What is its address?
5. What is its telephone number?
(Which one answers more in the winner?)
1. Set the scene:
“A letter of inquiry is a request for information or action. Letter of inquiry is a kind of formal letters. And in all formal letters, you must include the addresses of the writer and the recipient. Besides, you must adopt strict regulations about the format and structure of the letter.” and the form of the letter:
2. Formal letters format
+ Your address …………………...
+ Your city, state and zip code ……..
+ Today’s date
+ Full name of the person receiving the letter
+ The person’s street address
Dear ……...: The person’s shortened name (Mr../Ms..)
3. Some structures:
Dear sir (s) / Madam
Could you please send me.?
I look forward to hearing from you.
1) Read the letter:
- Call on some Ss to read the letter aloud. Correct mistakes.
- Ask Students to read the advertisements in 5. Choose one of the school you want to attend to improve your English.
- Ask them to exchange and compare their writings with a friend.
- Call on some Students to read the writings.Correct common mistakes in front of class.
- Imagine that you want to attend an English summer course, using these questions:
1. When does the course start?
2. How long does the course last?
3. How much is the course?
4. How many hours a week is it?
5. How many students are there in a class?
- Ask Ss to work in pairs to rewrite the above questions more politely, using:
Can you tell me ……….?
I would like to know …....
- Call on some pairs to demonstrate in front of class. Correct and give answers:
1. Can you tell me when the course lasts?
2. Can you tell me how long the course lasts?
3. I would like to know how much the course is.
4. Can you tell me how many hours a week it is?
5. I would like to know how many students there are in class.
- Ask them to repeat the correct answers and copy.
1. Copy the complete letter.
2. Write a letter, using the information from the advertisements in part 5 “Read”
3. Prepare the next lesson.
Play game in 3 teams.
Listen and copy the title of the lesson.
- Write the formal letters format in their notebooks.
- Read the letter aloud (3 Ss)
- Read the advertisements again.
Compare their writings with a friend.
Demonstrate in front of class.
Work in pairs
- Read their correct sentences aloud.
- Repeat and copy down.
Listen and write down