Giáo án Tiếng Anh lớp 9 Unit 5: The media - Lesson 1
Giáo án môn Tiếng Anh lớp 9
Giáo án Tiếng Anh lớp 9 Unit 5: The media - Lesson 1 được VnDoc sưu tầm và giới thiệu để có thể chuẩn bị giáo án và bài giảng hiệu quả, giúp quý thầy cô tiết kiệm thời gian và công sức làm việc. Giáo án môn Tiếng Anh 9 này được soạn phù hợp quy định Bộ Giáo dục và nội dung súc tích giúp học sinh dễ dàng hiểu bài học hơn.
A/ The aims:
Reading a text for details about the media.
B/ Objectives: By the end of the lesson, Students will be able to get acquainted with “The Media” and know some new words such as newspapers, magazines, Television, interactive TV.
Skill: Pair work, group work & Listening and reading
C/ Teaching aids: text books, cassette, chalks, boards
1. System for producing on a screen visual imagines transmitted with sound
2. Transmission and repetition of messages by electro magnetic waves without connecting wires.
3. Printed publication usually daily or weekly with news..
4. An electronic machine for performing calculations automatically.
=> Keyword: MEDIA
- Remark and lead in new lesson.
I. Pre- reading:
- Introduce “As you know, nowadays, media has become very popular in our life. In unit 5, we will learn about this interesting topic. First you work in pairs, ask and answer questions about your favorite activities mentioned in Getting Started.”
- Ask Students to look at each picture and match the picture with the names of them. Then answer these questions
1. Which of these is your favorite activity in your free time?
2. What do you read/ watch / listen?
3. How many hours a week do you spend……...?
4. With whom …....?
- Call on some pairs to demonstrate in front of class.
- Lead in new lesson by asking some questions:
1. What kind of media is most familiar to you?
2. Which one is popular in Vietnam?
- Present some new words:
1. New words:
+ Crier (n)-Translation: người giao tin tức trên đường phố
+ Thanks to: (Translation)
+ A variety of: nhiều
+ Interactive TV (n): explanation: truyền hình tương tác
+ Remote controls (n) (Reality): điều khiển từ xa
+ channel (n): kênh
+ Benefits (n): explanation: lợi ích, phúc lợi
+ Bring about (v): Translation: mang lại
2. Checking technique: Rub out and remember
II. While- reading:
- Ask Students to look at each passage, listen to the tape and answer the question: What is the passage about?
- Turn of the tape (2 or 3 times)
- Call on some Students to answer the questions. Correct mistakes, then give correct answers:
A: It is about newspaper before the invention of printing
B: It is about the most popular magazine in Vietnam.
C: It is about television.
D: It is about interactive TV.
a) Have Students read the Facts and events carefully and read the passages to complete the table.
- Call on some Students to read their answers aloud. Correct mistakes and give answer keys:
1. D 2. B 3. B 4. C 5. A 6. D
b) Answer the questions: Play game
- Ask Students to work in GROUPS to play the game.
- Call on some representatives of each group to demonstrate in the front.
1. Qa 5. LN
2. LN 6. Qd
3. Qb 7. LN
4. Qc 8. Qe
- Correct mistakes and give answer keys:
1. A town crier was the person whop would go through the city ringing a bell and shouted the latest news.
2. The Kien Thuc Ngay Nay is widely read by both teenagers and adults.
3. People can get the latest information and enjoy interesting and inexpensive local and international programs in a convenient way.
4/5 depend on students, knowledge.
- Call on some Students to repeat and copy.
III. Post- reading:
* Dictation gap:
- Read and ask Students to listen and fill in the gaps:
The newspapers, magazines, television, radios and internet are the (1)... Before the invention of newspapers, people got the news by listening to the town (2)….. They shouted the latest (3)…. while they were walking the city streets. Television is an(4)…. and convenient way to get the latest information. With (5)….TV, viewers are able to ask questions (6)…..the show using their remote control. In Vietnam the Kien Thuc Ngay Nay is widely (7)….. by both (8)…… and adults.
1.media 2. criers 3. news 4. inexpensive
5. Interactive 6. about 7. read 8. teenagers
1. Learn by heart new words.
2. Rewrite the dictation and translate into Vietnamese.
3. Prepare the next lesson: Speak and Language focus 2
Look at each picture and do the exercise.
- Practice in pairs in the front.
Listen and repeat in chorus and individually. Guess its meanings
Look at each passage and discuss the contents of each passage.
Demonstrate in front of class.
Repeat and copy.
Read the table and the passage to complete the table.
Report their answers aloud
- Copy down.
- Work in groups
Practice in front of class.
Repeat and copy.
Listen and fill in the gaps
Read the complete passage aloud.
Listen and copy.