Giáo án Tiếng Anh lớp 9 Unit 5: The media - Lesson 2
Giáo án môn Tiếng Anh lớp 9
Giáo án Tiếng Anh lớp 9 Unit 5: The media - Lesson 2 được VnDoc sưu tầm và giới thiệu để có thể chuẩn bị giáo án và bài giảng hiệu quả, giúp quý thầy cô tiết kiệm thời gian và công sức làm việc. Giáo án môn Tiếng Anh 9 này được soạn phù hợp quy định Bộ Giáo dục và nội dung súc tích giúp học sinh dễ dàng hiểu bài học hơn.
A/ The aims:
Practice speaking about the benefits of the Internet & the Tag question.
B/ Objectives: By the end of the lesson, Students will be able to get further information about the media: Television and know some TV programs in Vietnam.
- Vocabulary and structure: documentary, children’s corner, weather forecast, Tag questions
- Skill: Speaking and writing / pair work.
C/ Teaching aids: Text books, chalks, boards
Remark and lead in the new lesson.
1. Pre- speaking:
- Introduce the aims of the lesson and some new words:
+ Documentary (n): Explanation
+ Health for everyone (n) Translation
+ Wheel of fortune (n): Explanation
+ The price is right (n): Explanation
+ Catch phrase (v): Explanation
+ Who wants to be millionaire?
+ The road to the Olympic Peak.
· Checking technique: Rub out and remember
- Introduce the tag- questions:
+ Form: Negative …..affirmative
Example: It is a nice day, is not it?
She is not beautiful, is she?
- Call on some Ss to read the examples aloud.
2. While- speaking:
a) Ask Students to work in pairs.
- Call on some pairs to practice in front of class.
- Correct mistakes if any.
b) Ask Students to look at the table and make similar dialogues to talk about the programs you like and dislike.
- Go around class and provide help if any.
- Call on some pairs to demonstrate in front of class
- Correct mistakes and give suggested dialogues
Tam: You like watching films, do not you Hung?
Hung: Not really. Some films are boring and some are so violent. I do not like watching them. I prefer music programs, especially Songs I love.
Tam: I am opposite. I love watching films. They are wonderful. Music programs seem quite boring to me
Hung: But you watch Wildlife World, do not you?
Tam: Yes, everyday. It is very interesting to know about animals and faraway places.
Hung: I enjoy it, too. You do not like Drama, do you?
Tam: No, I do not.
3. Post- speaking: Language focus 2/ 45
- Ask Students to work in pairs to ask and answer about television programs these people like or dislike. Use Tag question
- Call on some pairs to read their answers. Correct mistakes.
1. Learn by heart new words.
2. Do the exercise in work book.
3. Prepare the next lesson.
Listen and copy down
- Repeat in chorus and individually.
- Guess its meanings
- Copy down.
Read them aloud
Work in pairs
Practice in front of class.
Look at the table and make similar dialogues
Demonstrate in the front.
- Repeat the suggested dialogue in pairs
- Work in pairs
- Read the answers aloud.
Listen and copy.