Ôn tập Tiếng Anh lớp 8 Unit 11 Science And Technology
Tiếng Anh 8 Unit 11: Science And Technology
Nằm trong bộ đề bài tập Tiếng Anh lớp 8 theo từng Unit, đề luyện tập Tiếng Anh Unit 11 Science And Technology có đáp án dưới đây do VnDoc.com sưu tầm và đăng tải. Đề ôn tập Tiếng Anh gồm nhiều dạng bài tập Tiếng Anh khác nhau được biên tập bám sát nội dung bài học giúp học sinh lớp 8 nắm chắc kiến thức Từ vựng - Ngữ pháp trọng tâm Unit 11 hiệu quả.
Science and technology
Stress in word ending in -un and -im
– Review: Future tense
– Reported speech: Statements
– Science and technology
– Reading and talking about role of Science and technology now and in the future
– Listening to and writing about how Science and technology solve some problems
I. Choose a word in each line that has different stress pattern.
1. A impair B. unhurt C.effect D. insect
2. A explorer B.accurate C. unhealthy D. immature
3. A unnatural B. engineering C. impossible D.environment
4. A unhelpful B. unlikely C. unforeseen D. unusual
5. A imprecise B. imperfect C. impartial D. impassive
II. Complete the sentences with the words in the box
benefits - create - discovery - explore - experiments
invention - observations - progress - Science - technology
1. My brother is very good at natural_______ subjects such as Chemistry and Physics.
2. Simply speaking____, is the tools and machines that help to solve problems.
3. The scientific method is a way to ask and answer scientific questions by making ____and doing experiments.
4. While scientists study how nature works, engineers ____new things, such as Products, websites environments, and experiences.
5. In Science, you should repeat your___ several times to make sure that the first results weren’t just an accident.
6. Scientific____ brings us many conveniences and advanced machines, such as computers, automobiles, and so on.
7. There are many ____of technology in the classroom, especially as students are becoming increasingly digitally literate.
8. The_________ of penicillin is very useful because it has saved lots of lives.
9. The key individual is responsible for the____ of the double helix structure of DNA were Francis Crick and James Watson.
10. Scientists are planning to send people to___________ Mars in the near future.
III. Give the correct form of the word given to complete the sentences.
1. There is still room for__________ in your work. IMPROVE
2. Today scientific progress is mostly defined in terms of_____________ advancements. TECHNOLOGY
3. The first experiment was___ , so we need to do another one. SUCCEED
4. A___________ is a scientist who studies the solid and is quid matter that constitutes the Earth. GEOLOGY
5. The U.S________ of the Moon began with the Ranger 4 impactor in 1962. EXPLORE
6. A nuclear power reactor__________ could provide assistance with the loading and unloading of nuclear fuel. OPERATE
7. The study points out that many people’s health has been affected from bathing in or drinking_____ water. PURE
8. Thousands of______ are used in everyday Products -in our water, our food and in the air we breathe. CHEMISTRY
9. ._________ in Japan have found that human ageing may be able to be delayed or even reversed. RESEARCH
10. Here are several ________ proven studies that describe how to keep fit SCIENCE
IV. Complete the sentences with the correct form of the verbs in future tenses (be going to +V, future simple or future continuous).
1. That exercise looks difficult. I (help)_____________you
2. They (fly)____ to New York next summer holidays.
3. We (observe)______ Mars from the National Space Centre at this time next week.
4. People (travel)___ by flying car in the future.
5. Look at the clouds! It (rain) _________in a few minutes.
6. I promise I (not tell)_________ your secret to anyone.
7. They (test)_______________ the latest mode! of Iphone at 9 o’clock tomorrow
8. I think they (invent)_________ a new building material next year.
9. We’ve already decided. We (not buy) _________ a robot vacuum cleaner.
10. Goodbye, Ms. White. I (phone)_________ you as soon as I arrive home.
V. Change the sentences into reported speech.
1. I want to become a scientist when I grow up,” Nam said,
2. “I cannot go to the Science class tomorrow morning,” said Hoa.
3. “They have studied this kind of plant for two months,” she told us.
4. “We don’t open the laboratory today,” Mr. Vinh said.
5. “You may be late for the workshop this afternoon,” I told Mary.
6. “I didn’t teach Earth Science last year,” said Dr. Thomas.
7. “We will start collecting the data next month,” Minh said to me.
8. “My sister isn’t leaving for London tonight,” said Jane.
VI. Rewrite the following sentences in direct speech.
1. Viet said that he would be doing an experiment at 10 o’clock the following day.
2. Quang told me that they hadn’t been at the Young Inventors Club the night before.
3. She told me that I could try it then if I liked.
4. He said that he was going to hire a robot the following Saturday.
5. Mary told me that her parents didn’t want her to participate in that project.
6. They said that they wouldn’t send people to the moon the following year.
7. Smith told me that he had worked with my father for 10 years.
8. Lucia said that they weren’t going to the cinema that night.
9. Bob said that he had seen a flying saucer the previous evening.
10. Nelson said that their students had been studying Astronomy at 3 p.m. the day before.
VII. Fill each blank with a correct word to finish the passage.
No more teachers? No more books? For today’s kids, the Internet has all the answers.
Gadgets come and go and most of them don’t have a very long life. The Internet, (1)__ , seems to be here to stay. The World Wide Web is now the largest information (2)__ in the world and teenagers can find more or less anything they want there.
They can (3) music and films, watch TV, listen to the radio, send e-mails and even shop Online. In the United States for example, more than 78% of kids go (4) _____ , according to a recent study. A lot of them are just (5) ____ the Web and instant messaging their friends. But 94% of those Online said they also used it (6)____________ schoolwork. This technology has allowed them to (7) ____ a vast store of knowledge which was inaccessible before. With Online tutoring and Virtual schools, technology (8) ____students to get specific help. It is also possible to be a part of a study (9)__________ or discuss school projects with international e-mail pals. Perhaps more than anything, the Internet search engine Google has changed homework (10)____ across the globe. But the problem is that it is so easy to “copy and paste” that teachers need to change homework assignments or projects every year.
1. A. moreover B. because C. however D. although
2. A. resource B. technology C. informatics D. generation
3. A. play B. discover C. oversee D. download
4. A. Chat B. Online C. forum D. connect
5. A. looking B. surfing C. diving D. watching
6. A. in B. on C. with D. for
7. A. access B. enrich C. upload D. inform
8. A. makes B. allows C. creates D. opens
9. A. group B. commune C. book D. land
10. A. customs B. vocations C. habits D. traditions
VIII. Each the following passage and answer the questions
Inventions Thai Changed Our World
People have been inventing things for years. Paper was invented about 2,000 years ago. The wheel was invented more than 5,000 years ago. What would life be like without paper to write on or bikes to ride? Those inventions have made life easier.
The Wright Brothers invented the first airplane in December 1903. That makes 2003 the 100th anniversary! Before the airplane was invented, most people traveled by cars, boats, and trains. Today, airplanes help people travel faster. How do airplanes help you?
Alexander Graham Bell invented the telephone in 1876. Before the telephone was invented, people kept in touch by writing letters or talking in person. Today the telephone makes it easier for people to talk to one another. How do telephones help you?
The first four-wheeled gas-powered car was invented by Karl Benz in 1891. Before people had cars, they couldn’t travel easily. They walked or rode horses for short trips.They took trains or boats for long trips. Today cars are one of the main ways people travel. How do cars help you?
People worked for years to make the tirst Computer. It was built in 1946. The first Computer was called ENIAC. Today computers are an important part of many people’s lives. People use computers as tools to write, get information, and much more. How do computers help you?
1. Which of the following are two inventions in the passage that were invented before 1900?
A. the telephone and the car
B. the car and the Computer
C.the Computer and the airplane
D. the airplane and the telephone
2. What do all the inventions described in this text have in common?
A. All these inventions were invented in the twentieth century.
B. All these inventions were invented by Americans.
C. All these inventions made people’s lives easier.
D. All these inventions changed how people travel.
3. It can be interred from the passage that ,
A. the Wright Brothers spent a long time trying to invent the airplane
B. someone had the idea to invent the Computer in the 1940s or early 1950s
C. Karl Benz didn’t like to walk or ride horses for short trips
D. Alexander Graham Bell wrote many letters in his lifetime
4. What does the word anniversary in the second paragraph most nearly mean?
A. an interesting idea
B. an event
C. a statement of fact
D. a celebrated date
5. The primary purpose of this passage is to describe .
A. the invention of the airplane in December 1903
B. some inventions that have made a big difference
C. some ways that computers help make our lives easier
D. the reasons that Karl Benz invented the gas-powered car
IX. Complete the second sentence so that it has a similar meaning to the first sentence.
1. “We are having a workshop on information technology this Friday,” said Mark.
Mark said that____________________________
2. “I didn’t attend the Science class yesterday,” said Hoa.
Hoa told me that____________________________________
3. “You need to do the experiment again tomorrow,” the teacher said.
The teacher told me that____________________________
4. Phong told us that he couldn’t complete the report the following week.
5. Brown said that they had repaired the machine since the previous Monday.
X. Write a paragraph of about 100 words en the following topic.
Do you agree or disagree with the following idea:
Science and technology brings a lot of benefits to people.
You can peter to the following factors:
– Make life easier
– Save physical power
– Make people lazy
– Difficult to use
Đáp án có trong file tải, mời bạn đọc tải trọn bộ nội dung bài tập và đáp án tại đây: Ôn tập Tiếng Anh lớp 8 Unit 11 Science And Technology. Ngoài ra, VnDoc.com đã cập nhật rất nhiều tài liệu ôn tập Tiếng Anh lớp 8 cả năm khác như: Để học tốt Tiếng Anh lớp 8, Đề thi học kì 1 lớp 8, Đề thi học kì 2 lớp 8, Bài tập Tiếng Anh lớp 8 theo từng Unit trực tuyến,... Mời thầy cô, quý phụ huynh và các em học sinh tham khảo, download phục vụ việc học tập và giảng dạy.