Ôn tập Tiếng Anh lớp 8 Unit 12 Life On Other Planets
Tiếng Anh 8 Unit 12: Life On Other Planets
Bài tập Tiếng Anh lớp 8 chương trình mới Unit 12 có đáp án dưới đây nằm trong bộ đề ôn tập Tiếng Anh lớp 8 theo từng Unit mới nhất do VnDoc.com sưu tầm và đăng tải. Đề luyện tập Tiếng Anh gồm nhiều dạng bài tập Tiếng Anh khác nhau giúp học sinh lớp 8 củng cố kiến thức đã học, đồng thời nâng cao kỹ năng làm bài thi hiệu quả.
Life on other planets
Stress in word ending in -full and -less
– Review: may and might
– Reported speech: Questions
– Life on Earth and other planet
– Reading and talking about what life may be live on other planets
– Listening to and writing about aliens.
I. Choose a word in each line that has different stress pattern.
1. A. helpless
2. A. useful
3. A atmosphere
4. A valueless
5. A unsuitable
II. Complete the sentences with the words in the box.
accommodate - climate - explore - mission - orbit
oxygen - planet - spaceship - spacesuit - surface
1. Scientists think it is possible to send humans on a_________________ to Mars by the
2. James Kirk is the captain of the__________ called Enterprise.
3. Jupiter is the largest_______ in the Solar System. Its diameter is more than 11 times the diameter of Earth.
4. The astronaut wears a__________ to protect him from the dangers of being outside in space.
5. Do you know that it takes only 88 Earth days for Mercury to ______________ the Sun once?
6. The biggest problem for humans to live in other planets is the lack of_______________ and water.
7. Since the early 1960’s, dozens of spacecraft have been sent to_____________Mars
8. NASA decided to_______________ a rocket from Cape Canaveral at the end of this year.
9. It’s impossible for people to live on Venus because the_____________________ there is
unsuitable for human life.
10. They have found a planet that could ______half of Earth’s population.
III. Give the correct form of the words given to complete the sentences.
1. Many astronauts said that it was____________________ to see the Earth from space. WONDER
2. Oxygen is essential for the_____________________ of all plants and animals, whether they live on the land or in the water. SURVIVE
3. Astronauts who are orbiting the Earth often experience sensation of __________ ,WEIGHT
4. John Harrison is a space_________________ who wants to destroy Earth.TERROR
5. WWF is committed to saving________animals such as black rhino, leatherback turtle. INDENTIFY
6. UFO, which means flying saucer, is the abbreviation for _______ Plying Object. IDENTIPY
7. 95% of the atmosphere on Mars is carbon dioxide, which is ________ to breathe. POISON
8. NASA has found out that Kepler-62e has some__________ to Earth. SIMILAR
9. Do you think astronauts feel a great sense of _______ when they travel alone in space? LONELY
10. NASA scientists believe the _________ of alien life is not that far away from Earth. EXIST.
IV. Choose the best answer in brackets to complete sentences.
1. In my opinion, Jupiterians (can /might /must) have three eyes and four arms.
2. Professor Colin Evers, (can /must/may) I ask a question about life on Venus?
3. Sarah is such a talented pianist She (must/may / can) practise a lot.
4. (Might / Must / Could) you show me your passport?
5. It (can /must / might) rain tomorrow so we’d better plan an indoor dinner.
6. Customers (may/can/might)use staff washroom.
7. I’m sure you (can /may/ could) speak Spanish seeing that you’re from Colombia.
8. You (may / might / can) leave now if you wish.
9. You (might / can / may) ask questions after my presentation.
10. We (can / may /might) find aliens on Mars.
V. Rewrite the following sentences in reported speech.
1. “Do you want to travel to space one day?” Nick asked me.
2. “What is your favourite sci-fi movie or TV show, Nam?” said Viet.
3. “Did you see a UFO yesterday evening?” the reporter asked Mr. Quang.
4. “Have you ever looked through a telescope?” I asked John.
5. “When will the next space buggy be sent to the moon?” they asked.
6. “How and when was the universe created?” Tom asked the presenter.
7. “Are you going to visit NASA next Thursday?” said Mai to Dr. Taylor.
8. “May I ask you some questions about other planets?” Laura asked Ms. White.
9. “What are artificial satellites used for?” we asked the scientist.
10. “Will the Earth ever be visited by aliens?” Phong said to Dr. Nelson.
VI. Rewrite the following sentences in direct speech.
1. I asked Dr. Lewis when he thought people would visit Mars.
2. We asked Mr. Tam whether he was working for NASA then.
3. They wanted to know if we would ever meet aliens one day.
4. David asked me what I had talked to the astronaut the previous night.
5. Vinh asked Peter whether there were other life forms in the universe.
6. She asked Mr. Armstrong how long he had worked on space projects.
7. I asked Ms. Gray if she could speak Martian language.
8. The reported wanted to know why I hadn’t taken a picture when I had seen the UFO.
9. Hoa asked me whether I had been leaving the spaceship at 3 o’clock the day before.
10. We asked the aliens which cities they would visit the following month.
VII. Read the following passage and choose the best answer for each question.
A New World
Would you like to have a birthday party every 13 days? Then Gliese 581 c is the place for you!
Astronomers recently found the planet Gliese 581c. It orbits the star Gliese 581 once every 13 days. Earth orbits its star, the sun, every 365 days.
Gliese 581 c is an exo - planet – a planet that exists beyond our solar system. It is the most earth like exo - planet discovered so far.
Astronomers say there could be liquid water on Gliese 581 c. And where there’s water, there could be life. “Liquid water is critical to life as we know it,” says Xavier Delfosse, one of the scientists who discovered the planet. “This planet will most probably be a very important target of the future of space missions… On the treasure map of the universe, one would be tempted to mark this planet with an X,” says Delfosse.
– is 8,000 miles across.
– is made of rock, ice, and liquid water.
– is one of eight planets in its solar system.
– is estimated to be 12,000 miles across.
– is probably made of rock and might have ice and liquid water.
– is one of three planets in its solar system.
1. What is Gliese 581?
A. The star that Gliese 581 c orbits
B. A moon that orbits Gliese 581 c
C. Another planet in Gliese 581 c’s solar system
D. An asteroid that will hit Gliese 581 c
2. What is the purpose of the lists at the end of thepassage?
A. To introduce the readerto Gliese 581 c
B. To suggest that Gliese 581 c is more important than Jupiter and Saturn
C. To compare and contrast features of Earth with Gliese 581 c
D. to explain why scientists are so excited about the discovery of Gliese 581 c
3. Which conclusion about Gliese 581 c could be supported by the passage?
A. Astronauts will never go to Gliese 581 c on future space missions.
B. Scientists will want to contirm whether water exists on Gliese 581 c.
C. People will want to search for treasure on Gliese 581 c.
D. Aliens will want to make contact with Earth from Gliese 581 c.
4. The word orbits in paragraph 2 means ________ .
A. Exits B. runs C. walks D. circles
5. The primary purpose of this passage is to describe ______ .
A. A new star that Earth will orbit
B. A new planet with similarities to Earth
C. A new comet that may collide with Earth
D. A new alien species that will visit Earth
VIII. Use the word given and other words, complete the second sentence so that it has a similar meaning to the first sentence. Do not change the word given. (Use 2 – 5 words in total).
1. My house has a small garden.
is There. _______________ my house.
Answer: 0. is a small garden in
1. “What do you think people will find on Jupiter?” he said.
would He ________________find on Jupiter.
2. Possibly he isn’t the captain of Star Trek.
may He________________the captain of Star Trek.
3. We wanted to know how they had returned to Earth.
return “How _____________to Earth?” we asked.
4. It’s possible the weather will be sunny tomorrow.
might The weather_____________tomorrow
5. ”Is your uncle working as a pilot for NASA?” Julia asked me.
working Julia asked me _____________ as a pilot for NASA
Đáp án có trong file tải. Mời bạn đọc tải trọn bộ nội dung tài liệu và đáp án tại đây: Ôn tập Tiếng Anh lớp 8 Unit 12 Life On Other Planets. Ngoài ra, VnDoc.com đã cập nhật rất nhiều tài liệu ôn tập Tiếng Anh lớp 8 cả năm khác như: Để học tốt Tiếng Anh lớp 8, Đề thi học kì 1 lớp 8, Đề thi học kì 2 lớp 8, Bài tập Tiếng Anh lớp 8 theo từng Unit trực tuyến,... Mời thầy cô, quý phụ huynh và các em học sinh tham khảo, download phục vụ việc học tập và giảng dạy.