Ôn tập Tiếng Anh lớp 9 Unit 10 Space Travel
Tiếng Anh 9 Unit 10: Space Travel
Đề luyện tập Tiếng Anh lớp 9 chương trình mới Unit 10 dưới đây nằm trong bộ đề bài tập Tiếng Anh lớp 9 theo từng Unit năm học 2018 - 2019 do VnDoc.com sưu tầm và đăng tải. Đề kiểm tra Tiếng Anh gồm nhiều dạng bài tập trắc nghiệm, bài tập tự luận giúp học sinh lớp 9 củng cố kiến thức đã học hiệu quả.
1. Find the word which has a different sound in the part underlined.
1. A. nature B. change C. gravity D. basic
2. A. darkness B. warmth C. market D. remark
3. A. unite B. underline C. university D. uniform
4. A. artificial B. distance C. centre D. cells
5. A. necessarily B. mechanic C. exception D. apprentice
2. Find the word which has a different position of the main stress in each line.
1. A. authorship B. historic C. discover D. biography
2. A. banquet B. schedule C. diameter D. blessing
3. A. beautiful B. effective C. favourite D. popular
4. A. unnoticed B. survival C. incredible D. reunited
5. A. dangerous B. parachute C. popular D. magazine
II. VOCABULARY & GRAMMAR
1. Choose the right word/ phrase in the box below and then write it under each picture.
astronaut - spacecraft - telescope - space - station
robot - rocket - moon - space - wallpaper
2. Give the correct forms of the words to complete the passage.
… On 16th July, 1969, Armstrong, Collins and Aldrin prepared to launch into space. Their (1. space) ---__________ named Apollo 11, was huge, made up of some six million parts. There were about ninety engines and motors. The astronauts were dependent on their spacecraft, for if it should fail, then they too would fail in their mission. Part of their spacecraft included a booster which when ignited, would be like a small nuclear bomb. Thus, although (2. danger) _______, it was required so as to push the spacecraft off earth and into space.
The men were cleared for the launch and were soon in space. In the (3. weight) _________ of space, the men were soon floating. They had to be well strapped and buckled when they were seated. Slowly, the Apollo 11 made its way away from the earth and nearer to the moon. On the way, the spacecraft was (4. flood) _________ with sunlight on one side while the other side was complete (5. dark) --__________. If it remained this way for long, the sunlit side would burn up while the dark side would freeze. To avoid this, the spacecraft had to be put into a roll, thus ensuring the while thing would be evenly heated and cooled....
3. Choose the correct option A, B, C or D to complete the sentences.
1. Halley _______ that Mercury was so far away that its parallax angle would be very difficult to determine.
A. realized B. knew C. learned D. promised
2. Our home planet, Earth, resides in a glittering city of stars ______ the Milky Way galaxy.
A. call B. calling C. to call D, called
3. All the astronauts _______ the earth in space capsules are weightless.
A. orbit B. orbiting C. orbited D. are obiting.
4. I was shocked _________ the news of the crashed plane.
A. about B. with C. of D. at
5. Often a team of engineers is________.
A. work on one project B. on one project work
C. working on one project D. working on one project
6. A vacuum will neither conduct heat nor _________ .
A. transmit sound waves B. transmitting sound waves
C. sound waves are transmitted D. the transmission of sound waves
7. ___________thought was given, but all was not approved.
A. A large number of B. A great deal of C. Many of D. Many
8. Green and magenta are complementary colours located opposite each other on the colour wheel,__________
A. and blue and yellow so B. and too blue and yellow
C. and so blue and yellow do D. and so are blue and yellow
9. Double-stars orbit ___________.
A. each to other B. each other C. each other one D. other each one
10. ____________ is a person who searches for valuable minerals.
A. prospect B. prospects C. prospector D. prospective
4. Fill each blank with a word/phrase given in the box.
referred - types - terms - axis - completely
surface - however - name - areas - cover
The moon revolves once on its (1) ___________each time it orbits the Earth, thus always presenting the same face to earthbound observers. (2)____________, even to the unaided eye this unchanging face shows two contrasting (3) __________ of landscape dark, plain-like (4)_________ of low relief, and brighter, decidedly more rugged regions which (5)________, about two-thirds of the (6)________. Early, astronomers mistakenly (7)_________ to the smooth dark areas as seas, giving the (8)___________ terrace (or lands) to the bright upland regions. The (9)_____________ have persisted since, even though the Moon's surface has long been known to be (10)____________ waterless.
Còn tiếp ....
Hiện tại VnDoc.com chưa cập nhật được đáp án, mời bạn đọc tải trọn bộ nội dung tài liệu tại đây: Ôn tập Tiếng Anh lớp 9 Unit 10 Space Travel. Ngoài ra, VnDoc.com đã cập nhật rất nhiều tài liệu ôn tập Tiếng Anh lớp 9 cả năm khác nhau như: Để học tốt Tiếng Anh lớp 9, Bài tập Tiếng Anh lớp 9 theo từng Unit trực tuyến, Đề thi học kì 1 lớp 9, Đề thi học kì 2 lớp 9, Bài tập nâng cao Tiếng Anh 9,... Mời thầy cô, quý phụ huynh và các em học sinh tham khảo và download phục vụ việc học tập và giảng dạy.