I. Key Vocabulary
- freeze (verb): become cold to the point of changing water to ice
- It was so cold out last night that I thought I was going to freeze to death.
- tag (verb): touch a player, usually as part of a game
- I tried to get away during the game at the park, but she tagged me on the back, so I was it.
II. Answer the questions based on the vocabulary you learned.
1. Before you blow out the candles, be sure to _______________ a wish, but don't tell anyone what you wished for.
2. Do you want to ___________ the cake for the kids? Here's a knife.
3. How ______________ are you today?
4. Let's ______________ the candles and then turn out the lights.
5. My sister is having a birthday today, and she is _________________ 16.
III. Listening Exercises.
1. What is the boy's name?
2. How old is the boy turning in the conversation?
3. What does he want to do first?
4. Which statement is true about the game at the party?
5. Who is coming to the party?