Choose the best option to complete these following sentences or the best inversion sentence for the root one.
1. No sooner had we arrived at the station ______ the announcement started.
2. ______ he arrived at the bus stop when the bus came.
3. No sooner ______ than the class starts.
4. Scarcely had Jake ______ the book report when Alan came in.
5. No sooner ______ the feast will start tomorrow.
6. As soon as I entered the room, I noticed her.
7. As soon as he approached the house, the policeman stopped him.
8. I have seldom heard such a talented singer.
9. _______ circumstances should you call the police.
10. Only after you abtain a driving licence, _______ a car.
11. Hardly ever _______ far from home.
12. Hardly _______ the phone down when the boss rang back.
13. No sooner _______ the soldiers leaped into the water.
14. Had they arrived at the fair earlier, they _______ what they wanted.
15. Only by working hard _______ your final exam.
16. Only when I have free time _______ television.
Change the normal sentence into one with inversion.
Choose the correct answer.
1. Only by saving money___________ a house.
2. Not even once___________ the truth.
3. Choose the correct inverted form.
4. Not only___________ beautiful but she is graceful as well.
5. No sooner___________ than he begins to be washed.
6. Seldom___________ treated like that.
7. Over there___________ the shop that sells souvenirs.
8. Never before___________ such a disaster.
9. Only if I had known the difference___________ the more expensive car.