Choose the appropriate pronouns to complete the sentences.
1. Hello Henry, Kate, Peter. Help ______________ to some food and I'll be with you in a moment.
2. A student of ______________ has just been to see me.
3. Her parents were in Malaya. So were ______________.
4. The cat caught ______________ tail in the door.
5. When Sally won the lottery, she pinched ______________ to make sure she wasn't dreaming.
6. ______________ in the village went to the party but ______________ enjoyed it very much.
7. William Shakespeare is ______________ who I have always admired.
8. You mustn't blame ______________. You are the guilty one.
9. Almost no friend of ______________ came to the funeral.
10. It's partly finished. There is ______________ left.
11. We all told the boss that we wanted to have ______________ salaries paid in advance but he just ignored ______________.
12. When the man asked me how I had got ______________ address, I told him that I was given it by a relative of ______________.
13. Although ______________ in the room seemed to follow ______________ said by the speaker, he never intended to simplify his language.
14. I hope you will enjoy ______________ at the re-union party this weekend because I won't be able to be there ______________.
15. We decided to do all the cooking ______________ instead of hiring a catering company for the party.
16. Thousands of children nowadays prefer doing ______________ homework with a background of pop-music to doing ______________ in a quiet room.
17. You and ______________ brother need to take time to prepare ______________ for the long journey which will start next month.
18. The students watched each gesture of ______________ as if their teacher were a stranger.
19. Trademarks enable a company to distinguish ______________ products from ______________ of another company.
20. ______________ cannot see through translucent materials, but light can pass through ______________.
Fill the gaps with the correct pronouns.
Once upon a time there was a girl called Little Red Riding Hood. Together with _____1_____ mum, _____2_______lived in a big forest.
One fine day, Little Red Riding Hood’s mother said, “ _____3____ grandma is ill. Please go and take this cake and a bottle of wine to ___4______. Grandma’s house is not too far from _____5___ house, but always keep to the path and don’t stop!”
So, Little Red Riding Hood made _____6______way to Grandma’s house.
In the forest _____7______ met the big bad wolf. Little Red Riding Hood greeted _____8______ and the wolf asked:
“Where are ____9_______ going, Little Red Riding Hood?”
“To ____10________ grandma’s house.” answered Little Red Riding Hood.
“Can you tell _____11_____ where ____12____ grandma lives?”
“ _____13______ lives in a little cottage at the edge of the forest.”
“Why don’t _____14______pick some nice flowers for ____15______?” asked the wolf.
“That’s a good idea.” said Little Red Riding Hood and began looking for flowers. Meanwhile, the wolf was on _____16_____ way to grandma’s house.